Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Sadly as I predicted there is a huge gap between the midfield and the centre mids, so Wycombe just keep coming at us. 442 would improve that if Lee can link the midfield with the front 2.
  • Options
    Stop playing wank systems go 442 and play people in their correct positions or just fuck off Adkins.
  • Options
    Season over before end of September. 
    Might not be over if we have a relegation battle ahead..... 
  • Options
    Draw or Lose, I think this is it for Nigel
  • Options
    Driesen > Roddy

(I'm only half joking)
  • Options
    Also someone needs to go thru mccleary way too much time on the ball
  • Options
    Stop playing wank systems go 442 and play people in their correct positions or just fuck off Adkins.
    We look like we need a third CM in there.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    ct_addick said:
    Also someone needs to go thru mccleary way too much time on the ball
    Dont worry am sure Akin will the way those two ended that first half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be 4/5. Defence all over the place, Pearce especially. Stockley showing why he can't play up top on his own.

Absolutely toxic in the away end already. Will get ugly if Wycombe score another. 
  • Options
    This is so predictable.  Goal had been coming for ages and we did nothing about it. Didn’t Adkins say last week  that he didn’t want us to play in a way where we just smash it up to Stockley? Clearly nobody has listened because it’s all we do. 

• Options
    Adkins knows he can't play 442. We don't have the players for it. Morgan too slow/weak, Watson is an OAP and Arter the same.

The closest we'd get to tactical balance there would be Clare and Dobson and they are both League 2 quality right now.
  • Options
    We need a ball playing midfielder in there like Lee or Morgan
  • Options
    By the way Wycombe are good but we are giving them a free ride. I don’t know if Sandgaard is here with us but this is not about bad luck, it is I am sorry to say about bad management and bad team selection. I can’t see a way back, can anybody?
  • Options
    Wasn’t keen on Adkins before and even less so now. Disjointed, unorganised, lacking any bollocks about us. All well an good thinking you’re being a disciplinarian by dropping both wingers but then having to start with 7 defensive minded players and change the formation once again. Why have we ditched 4-4-2? We are so limp it’s painful.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We look like we need a third CM in there.
    We have all season.... 
  • Options

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
    Nobody knows my sorrow
    Glory, Hallelujah

Nobody knows but Jesus
    Glory, Hallelujah
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    43' Goal Wycombe. McCleary from the edge of the box into the bottom right-hand corner. #wwfc 1 #cafc 0
    We had 7 (SEVEN) defenders strung across our box when he shot.

I dont mind 5 at the back if the wingbacks actually cross the half way line with the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it’s gonna start dawning on the majority of fans now that sod mid table mediocrity, this could very well be a relegation battle season.

If someone offered 20th I would bite their hand off and then hope for a total overhaul of the club from top to bottom this summer.

We are broken on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Why do we keep having so few shots in every game? You can't win games if you don't shoot. 😢
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Season over before end of September. 
    Might not be over if we have a relegation battle ahead..... 
    Unfortunately, there needs to be something about a team to battle relegation, I'm unconvinced about the willingness and ability of the team in that regard.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Could be 4/5. Defence all over the place, Pearce especially. Stockley showing why he can't play up top on his own.

Absolutely toxic in the away end already. Will get ugly if Wycombe score another. 
    ...and that's at an away game!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Most disinterested I've ever been in a Charlton side. I look at this team and if they were all sold tomorrow theres barely one I'd care about. Lee looks alright in spells but is surrounded by rubbish. Washington is one of the few that seems to care too.
  • Options
    If you want to go 442 you’re probably looking at Pearce/Famewo off, Lee/Blackett-Taylor on. Leko wide right, sub wide left.
  • Options
    Maybe next we we should bring things down a notch and try having a bad energy in training
  • Options
    I’m never normally one to overact but I really think now is the time for TS act and pull the trigger , clearly Adkins isn’t getting anything out of his players and shown a complete tactical niavity at times this season. I don’t know who the answer would be to replace him but if we carry on like this we will be in league two next season
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I think we miss the grit and bite of the Bowyer side , Lee had his faults,  but he tried to get the team to complete. 
    Not a fan of bowyer at all - but you are right, we competed. We are powderpuff under Adkins. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Why do we keep having so few shots in every game? You can't win games if you don't shoot. 😢
    1 shot so far and that was in the 4th minute. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!