Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    All sounds so positive - on the pitch everything sounds so much better.

This is Charlton so why does it always seem a punch in the bollocks is just around the corner.
    As predicted..
    Sadly quite accurate depiction of our club.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Those wonderfully noisey Addicks up there deserve much more than what has been dished up first half,..FFS boys sort yourselves out second half because this is dire stuff, apart from the first 15
  • Options
    1 shot on target. Is why we are losing.
    We brought in a shed load of wide men & left them out of the team. Clueless.

We are currently playing with just 3 attacking players.....with 1 (Stockley) main again is to flick on long punts upfield.

We wont start scoring until players can get the ball on the floor & run at defenders. Need DJ, Kirk & Blackett-Taylor on the pitch 

Completely agree, but it doesn't help that we have at least two centre halves who can't play it out from the back. Famewo alone has hoofed it over to their goalie three times in one half.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    While Stockley is on the pitch we will just lump it uselessly up to him. If he's not there we have to play differently.
    It shouldn’t mean that, and that’s down to tactics and coaching.
  • Options
    Still , at least it’s only 1-0

At the moment , we’re still in it.
    I heard on the telly, "You have to be in it to win it".

Hope or hopeless?

• Options
    Just caught up with match thread, joder macho 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    McCleary is a level above any player we have.

I feel a little bad for TS because we've spunked away whatever money he's injected this off season. Next season we will need another overhaul. 

I just don't know what we were thinking with Clare, Dobson and an ageing Arter. Surely we should've been after a mobile CM on loan.

Pathetic

It's not TS I feel sorry for it's Adkins I think what he was promised and what TS  delivered were two tottaly different things.
    I think some people massively over egged the transfer window when we made some last minute signings that I’m still convinced are miles away from what Adkins expected and what you need to get out of this league 
    Well, they are the players he’s got. And a week on the training pitch after a diabolical performance has delivered very little. 
    I suspect JJ will get his chance sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    McCleary is a level above any player we have.

I feel a little bad for TS because we've spunked away whatever money he's injected this off season. Next season we will need another overhaul. 

I just don't know what we were thinking with Clare, Dobson and an ageing Arter. Surely we should've been after a mobile CM on loan.

Pathetic

It's not TS I feel sorry for it's Adkins I think what he was promised and what TS  delivered were two tottaly different things.
    I think some people massively over egged the transfer window when we made some last minute signings that I’m still convinced are miles away from what Adkins expected and what you need to get out of this league 
    We’re on track to get out of this league.
  • Options
    On the way in a bloke told me he saw and chatted to Neil Harris who is apparently amongst the Charlton fans.
    Could be nothing and certainly not to do with Sandgaard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When they attack its with minimum  7players in our 1/3 When we attack its 4 max.

When they are in our 3rd we have 8 in our box, nobody picks up the edge of the box and they are just picking passes around us.

Still, who'd have thought we haven't created a chance with nobody who could, well, create a chance.

We are total shit, end off. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Losing to Cheltenham at home was bad enough...  Now losing to a side that I've never ever heard of is so embarrassing it's beyond words!
    Wycombe were a Championship side last season, Jessie.

• Options
    C’mon Charlton, let’s Nick a goal.
  • Options
    Pearcey leads us out for the second half... Let's step it up, lads!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    On the way in a bloke told me he saw and chatted to Neil Harris who is apparently amongst the Charlton fans.
    If we appoint Harris I’ll cry.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Why would he of all people be amongst the Charlton fans in the away end?

Cant ever imagine him getting a warm welcome
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    While Stockley is on the pitch we will just lump it uselessly up to him. If he's not there we have to play differently.
    I don't understand it, Adkins has said a few times in post-match interviews that he doesn't want to hoof it to Stockley and he's criticised the players for doing it. And yet near enough every game, we're just smashing it up there. 
  • Options
    Love Bolder
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    I don't understand it, Adkins has said a few times in post-match interviews that he doesn't want to hoof it to Stockley and he's criticised the players for doing it. And yet near enough every game, we're just smashing it up there. 
    These players are playing to instructions believe me. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Jessie said:
    Losing to Cheltenham at home was bad enough...  Now losing to a side that I've never ever heard of is so embarrassing it's beyond words!

After finishing 8th the season before 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2nd half starting has the 1st finished , us just letting them overlap and over run us at will 
  • Options
  • Options
    not started here the commentary is about 3 minutes behind 
  • Options
    Pearce is Vets standard. 
  • Options
    I'm not normally pessimistic and have had the feeling we would turn things around and start moving up the table, but this has sounded dire apart from the first 15 minutes! Something needs to change and it may be time for Adkins to go unless we can win this 2nd half!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    seth plum said:
    If we appoint Harris I’ll cry.
    Can't be any worse than Nigel. I would have Harris. 

Even if it means you cry.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    You think the instruction is to bang it roughly in the direction of Stockley and no one bother getting anywhere near him? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Jessie said:

After finishing 8th the season before 🤷🏻‍♂️
    PPG  though ....... and in an abandoned season scenario, they were mathematically entitled to promotion.

EFL rules said so.

• Options
    Free kick inside their half , don’t hoof it 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    You think the instruction is to bang it roughly in the direction of Stockley and no one bother getting anywhere near him? 
    Has been for a year mate
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!