Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    While Stockley is on the pitch we will just lump it uselessly up to him. If he's not there we have to play differently.
    It shouldn’t mean that, and that’s down to tactics and coaching.
    I don't understand it, Adkins has said a few times in post-match interviews that he doesn't want to hoof it to Stockley and he's criticised the players for doing it. And yet near enough every game, we're just smashing it up there. 
    These players are playing to instructions believe me. 
    You think the instruction is to bang it roughly in the direction of Stockley and no one bother getting anywhere near him? 
    Has been for a year mate
    I meant all season
    If that's genuinely the case someone is trying yo get the sack.  There are some very effective ways of playing the long ball and that isn't one of them. 
  • Take Stockley off for a midfielder. They always have an extra man in the middle and we can't get out of our own half sat the moment.
  • This is embarrassing and could easily end up 3 or 4-0.
  • Disorganized rabble. Are they getting adequately drilled ahead of matches or are they just not listening to instructions?
  • Clare or Lee for Stockley. Switch to a 352 and focus on moving the ball quickly through the lines. Booting it at Stockley is all well and good when he wins the ball but he’s had zero joy since the opening 10 minutes. 
    He's had very little joy in the air all season. Odd considering how dominant he was last season.
  • shine166 said:
    Gone to Anglesey Abbey today to look at the dahlias, lovely weather.
    I believe our defence has also.

• We lose 50/50's. Can't pick up the 2nd ball, we're easily turned, half a yard short, simple passes misplaced. Its fucking dog shit. 
  • Adkins has lost the plot
    1. 55'

Post update

Corner, Wycombe Wanderers. Conceded by Craig MacGillivray.

1. 56'

Post update

Foul by Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic).

2. 56'

Post update

Garath McCleary (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Sponsored links:

• Taking off the most dangerous player we've got.

Fuck off Nigel
  • Me, at the start of the season:

”At least we’ll be strong and organised defensively under Adkins”
  • And the fans
  • We are all over the place - great half time team talk Nigel.
  • Whether you think TS delivered on promises or not, this group of players is better than 4 points from 21. You can’t tell me we don’t have better players than Cheltenham Town. 
    No it isn't,  look at the table and the performances.
    No it isn’t what?
  • Watching this, I can't help thinking there may be more to that rumour about unrest among the players. Even.at throw ins there's no movement. The majority just don't look interested ffs
    1. 56'

Booking

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• 58' SUB  Jonathan Leko makes way for Elliot Lee. #wwfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Watching this, I can't help thinking there may be more to that rumour about unrest among the players. Even.at throw ins there's no movement. The majority just don't look interested ffs
    Agree. They don't look interested at all. 
  • Rylo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Watching this, I can't help thinking there may be more to that rumour about unrest among the players. Even.at throw ins there's no movement. The majority just don't look interested ffs
    I can’t remember a Charlton team EVER moving for a throw in to be fair. 
    It's our curse. Adkins specifically mentioned focusing on throws... got my hopes up.
    1. 59'

Post update

Foul by Pape Souaré (Charlton Athletic).

2. 59'

Post update

Curtis Thompson (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Why is it we don’t get the new manager/owner/signing bounce like everyone else, god we’re depressing.
  • Just fell asleep for 6 minutes…
    1. 61'

Booking

Pape Souaré (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• At the moment Im wondering what minute it'll go 2-0
  • Who's the Wycombe manager, Tony Angelino?
  • Why is it we don’t get the new manager/owner/signing bounce like everyone else, god we’re depressing.
    Charltonised is club thing not limited to just the players coming in!
    We did. It happened at the end of last season. 🙄
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!