Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Jessie said:
    Losing to Cheltenham at home was bad enough...  Now losing to a side that I've never ever heard of is so embarrassing it's beyond words!
    Wycombe were a Championship side last season, Jessie.

Sorry! I don't know know why I've never heard of them. Just very frustrated at the moment.😢
    1. 47'

Post update

Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Curtis Thompson (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Kicking towards our fans, come on Covered End stuff lads, bottle required, get the fu*k in
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Nadou said:
    While Stockley is on the pitch we will just lump it uselessly up to him. If he's not there we have to play differently.
    It shouldn’t mean that, and that’s down to tactics and coaching.
    I don't understand it, Adkins has said a few times in post-match interviews that he doesn't want to hoof it to Stockley and he's criticised the players for doing it. And yet near enough every game, we're just smashing it up there. 
    These players are playing to instructions believe me. 
    You think the instruction is to bang it roughly in the direction of Stockley and no one bother getting anywhere near him? 
    Has been for a year mate
    I meant all season
  • Their player Scowen is having a great game, we can't get pressure on him all afternoon. Wins all the second balls.
  • Jessie said:
    Losing to Cheltenham at home was bad enough...  Now losing to a side that I've never ever heard of is so embarrassing it's beyond words!
    Wycombe were in the league above last season... Not as embarassing as last week
    1. 49'

Post update

Harry Arter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 49'

Post update

Foul by Josh Scowen (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Laddick01 said:
    McCleary is a level above any player we have.

I feel a little bad for TS because we've spunked away whatever money he's injected this off season. Next season we will need another overhaul. 

I just don't know what we were thinking with Clare, Dobson and an ageing Arter. Surely we should've been after a mobile CM on loan.

Pathetic

It's not TS I feel sorry for it's Adkins I think what he was promised and what TS  delivered were two tottaly different things.
    I think some people massively over egged the transfer window when we made some last minute signings that I’m still convinced are miles away from what Adkins expected and what you need to get out of this league 
    I think both Adkins and our squad are overrated.

Another drudge of a season.
  • Jessie said:
    The thing is Jessie, we are where we are because we just aren't good enough. Look at the table there's a good smattering of teams that not too long ago were in the EPL plus some traditional lower league sides doing an amazing job. 

The club are getting a reality check. It's that simple. We are just a little too big for our boots  and we are being put in our place. 
  • Sponsored links:

1. 49'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked. Assisted by George Dobson.

• Dobson has been anonymous, our wing play has been atrocious and our passing and movement non existent 
    1. 49'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Josh Scowen.

• Whether you think TS delivered on promises or not, this group of players is better than 4 points from 21. You can’t tell me we don’t have better players than Cheltenham Town. 
    Perhaps we do. But they still need to perform though.

1. 51'

Post update

Attempt saved. Joe Jacobson (Wycombe Wanderers) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.

• Stockley just heads it to no one. Such a limited player in this system
  • Beeb have taken away our shot on target!

• Gone to Anglesey Abbey today to look at the dahlias, lovely weather.
  • Whether you think TS delivered on promises or not, this group of players is better than 4 points from 21. You can’t tell me we don’t have better players than Cheltenham Town. 
    We don't have better players than Cheltenham Town.
  • Clare or Lee for Stockley. Switch to a 352 and focus on moving the ball quickly through the lines. Booting it at Stockley is all well and good when he wins the ball but he’s had zero joy since the opening 10 minutes. 
  • Sponsored links:

1. 54'

Post update

Corner, Wycombe Wanderers. Conceded by George Dobson.

• Steve brown complaining we aren't getting enough clean sheets 5 minutes ago. Now saying we aren't getting enough shots on target this season.

I think what he's trying to say is that we are shite.
  • Croydon said:
    Stockley just heads it to no one. Such a limited player in this system
    Best striker in the league apparently 

• 55' McCleary stings the palms of MacGillivray with an angled shot at his near post. #wwfc 1 #cafc 0
    Agree with this. They have a perform of course but its a bit of a rudderless ship at the moment.

We have got to do so much more to stay in games...we just roll over and have our belly tickled, its embarrassing. 
  • Have better players compared with Cheltenham but they have a better squad - Majority of football isnt about individuals but this lot are playing like eleven strangers.

Feels as back as last week almost now
    I don’t know this for a fact but I would imagine our wage bill is in the top 8 teams in the league and we will be one of the spenders in terms of transfer fees pays so you would hope so.

Either we have completely ballsed up our recruitment or the manager dosent know how to get the best of them , or worse still both !
  • Some things never change.

We're on course to be the last to finish.

Yeah I’m not having the broken promises shite.  We’ve spent decent money.  

Adkins is a wet lettuce that’s the problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!