Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Birds are having a wonderful time on the Valley pitch.
  • Options
    First 30 we looked ok. Then we just fell apart and we looked all at sea and reverted to hoofball. Famewo being the main culprit for hoofing balls down the channel. Looked more like 352 at times. Gunter is weak, Arter looks rusty. Dobson looked solid but Arter needs to help him. 
    Washington was pretty anonymous in the 3 to be honest. 

I'd go 442 personally. 

Not sure Stockley is the answer being as we just seem to lump it towards him in hope. 

Need to improve otherwise I can see them getting a couple of more goals. 

• Options
    Sounds like the players haven't a clue what Adkins expects from them.

I'd love to have Mark Bowen as head coach.

• Options
    Yes I ain't there and thank goodness I'm not. I haven't seen us apart from the odd match on tv/,internet.
    I'm going next weekend but from what I have heard and seen you can expect me chasing Nigel across the pitch if we are as crap as we have been. Might even get on quest. 

• Options
    Jessie said:
    Season over before end of September. 
    Might not be over if we have a relegation battle ahead..... 
    Unfortunately, there needs to be something about a team to battle relegation, I'm unconvinced about the willingness and ability of the team in that regard.
    This season is starting to feel like the one in which we were relegated from the Prem.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Maybe next we we should bring things down a notch and try having a bad energy in training
    If you believe what some on here were saying, that was Bowyer!
  • Options
    Right now I miss Pratley!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm a bit fed up with Stockley as well to be honest. The constant moaning to his team mates is not helping and I don't think he himself has done anything right today. I don't think Pearce is having a bad game but he should push us up a lot more. 
  • Options
    Shoot Gallen, Roddy and Adkins into the sun. 

Start over again. So many mistakes made in less than 3 months. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we have a style of play, a system, an identity, cos I'm fucked if I can see one? 
  • Options
    Sounds like the players haven't a clue what Adkins expects from them.

I'd love to have Mark Bowen as head coach.

Michael Duff for me
  • Options
    Let's see what the 2nd half brings. We might win 2-1 or lose 3-0.
  • Options
    1 shot on target. Is why we are losing.
    We brought in a shed load of wide men & left them out of the team. Clueless.

We are currently playing with just 3 attacking players.....with 1 (Stockley) main again is to flick on long punts upfield.

We wont start scoring until players can get the ball on the floor & run at defenders. Need DJ, Kirk & Blackett-Taylor on the pitch 

• Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Unfortunately, there needs to be something about a team to battle relegation, I'm unconvinced about the willingness and ability of the team in that regard.
    This season is starting to feel like the one in which we were relegated from the Prem.
    How nice would it be to be on a position to be relegated from the premier League?!?!? I dream of those days.  
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    I knew there was a feeling of déjà vu about the whole thing.

It's all just a bit depressing.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I’m never normally one to overact but I really think now is the time for TS act and pull the trigger , clearly Adkins isn’t getting anything out of his players and shown a complete tactical niavity at times this season. I don’t know who the answer would be to replace him but if we carry on like this we will be in league two next season
    Jackson?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Do try and be positive, but are they really playing any better than last week? Sorry to say I don't think so 

I disagree first 30 mins we looked fine, last 17  it was definitely coming. 

We're playing a side that were narrowly relegated and have only strengthened. 

I have concerns as to what is our plan second half. 1-1 looks realistic now if we can get back into our game.

Dobson looks okay
    Arter has been on his own away day the last 20 mins.
    Washington and Leko both in and out
    Stockley quite wasteful. 
    Pearce - fine
    Lavelle decent
    Famewo better than last week.
    Souare's made us look more balanced, would prefer we were 4-4-2 if i'm honest.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a bit fed up with Stockley as well to be honest. The constant moaning to his team mates is not helping and I don't think he himself has done anything right today. I don't think Pearce is having a bad game but he should push us up a lot more. 
    We always end up defending deeper when Pearce plays. It's like he's afraid of getting stripped for pace if he pushes up.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Still , at least it’s only 1-0

At the moment , we’re still in it.
  • Options
    A couple of chants of Johnnie Jackson's Red and White army ..
  • Options
    We look ordinary. 
    Need to go 4-4-2 with Stockley and Leko as traditional strikers. 
    Use Wash and Arter to get the ball forward. 

If we don’t change at the break, they will get a second and it’s all over. 
  • Options
    First half was boring. Zero creativity, no quality and we set up for a 0-0. Non stop fouls have ruined the match. 

Can’t see Adkins lasting too much longer. Sacked after Gillingham is my guess.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Why do we keep having so few shots in every game? You can't win games if you don't shoot. 😢
    shows how simple football is. Also shows that coaching badges are worth nought. 
  • Options
    Time to stop pretending we can get into the top 6.This is turning into a relegation fight.

Lord know why we can't play a bog standard 4-4-2. It's the only time we've looked likely to score this season.

Only good things to come out of that half is that Dobson and Souare have played OK. 
  • Options
    While Stockley is on the pitch we will just lump it uselessly up to him. If he's not there we have to play differently.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    McCleary is a level above any player we have.

I feel a little bad for TS because we've spunked away whatever money he's injected this off season. Next season we will need another overhaul. 

I just don't know what we were thinking with Clare, Dobson and an ageing Arter. Surely we should've been after a mobile CM on loan.

Pathetic

It's not TS I feel sorry for it's Adkins I think what he was promised and what TS  delivered were two tottaly different things.
    I think some people massively over egged the transfer window when we made some last minute signings that I’m still convinced are miles away from what Adkins expected and what you need to get out of this league 
  • Options
     Don’t ask me why but I can see a lot more goals in this , not sure which way but there has come a point where you throw caution to the wind 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!