Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    We reek of a team that still doesn’t know it’s best formation or lineup 
    But if nothing was changed then people would moan all the same...it is trial and error until he can trust certain lineups.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Still get that tingle watching that back to the valley match v Portsmouth, when that goal  from Walsh went in well, amazing B)
  • Options
    Only criticism is Lee not starting, does Adkins not like proper number 10s?  He wasn’t feeling Shinnie either.
  • Options
    Must say, much as i love Morts and Bolder, seems a bit flat in the studio without Curbs, not so much banter and tactical chat, all very cosy. B)
    You can't be serious,!

Bolder has got a great personality and has had me laughing out loud! 
  • Options
    Don’t hate this XI but seems very defensive with effectively 7 outfield players with that mentality.  But something had to change and he’s done that.
    Cheltenham played this 3 at the back/5 at the back well. Think it will be more like that with Gunter and Soare dropping and/or pressing forward when needed. 
  • Options
    Only criticism is Lee not starting, does Adkins not like proper number 10s?  He wasn’t feeling Shinnie either.
    Where does Lee fit into this shape though?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    6 changes, happy with that after we last Saturday performance, maybe he’s got one eye on Tuesday night / giving Kirk and Dan a break after last weeks episode, you want players to play their way into the team.
  • Options
    No Kirk or DJ on the bench is surprising, actually pleased Pearce is back, he was solid towards the end of last season and he's a leader 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But if nothing was changed then people would moan all the same...it is trial and error until he can trust certain lineups.
    If he don't know by now then what is the point of him being in charge?! 

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Must say, much as i love Morts and Bolder, seems a bit flat in the studio without Curbs, not so much banter and tactical chat, all very cosy. B)
    You can't be serious,!

Bolder has got a great personality and has had me laughing out loud! 
     ;) Didn't say I wanted to get rid of Bolder did I...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    se9addick said:
    Circa £1M spent on two players who can’t even make the squad, it’s certainly a statement.

Yes, Crewe fans told us he is average without an attacking fullback, and what do we do when we get that fullback?  Drop him.
  • Options
    Hopefully wycombe have one eye on man city 
  • Options
    Names in a hat job - I’m more worried with such a radical change in tactics / formation, strikes of panic.

win and all is good, play poorly and lose and then what…
  • Options
    They run like a darts team
  • Options
    Love a bit of Bob Bolder
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Only as a replacement for Washington, but in a 442 he could play the Graeme Stuart role on the left with a winger on the right.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    He's also played as a winger before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is what happens when you leave it to the last minute to put a squad together. 
    Pre season is so important  and ours was not ideal to say the least. 
  • Options
    At least he's made the changes. Just hope he mixes it up as soon as it becomes clear if or when it ain't working. 
  • Options

Game ready… COME ON, CHARLTON!

• Options
    Chunes said:
    thenewbie said:
    "Play players in their proper positions"

"Why isin't player x in there? He once played there with different team mates in a different formation at a different club with a different manager"
  • Options
    Seems a good starting eleven and positive formation. I didn't expect this many changes. Looking forward to see the impact of Leko, Souare and Arter.
  • Options
    Just noticed, no Matthews on the bench
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    thenewbie said:
    "Play players in their proper positions"

"Why isin't player x in there? He once played there with different team mates in a different formation at a different club with a different manager"
    You've lost me there Daz
  • Options
    Could be wearing red today. Always irritates me when we change shirts when there is no clash of kits. 
    Got a kit to sell eh!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!