Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    johnny73 said:
    Waited until 10 games and things are not working for Adkins. He should go.
    The problem is appointing a new manager isn't going to fix the issues in my opinion.
    The structure is wrong somewhere.
    Whoever comes in needs to be able to bring in his own people, even if that means existing coaches have to be let go.
    Has anyone at the club got any experience in identifying and fixing similar issues at a football club?
    Bang on the money, TS has been ill advised (by Roddy?) and is now in up to his neck in it. He needs to seek some guidance from his lawyers Freshfields, assuming they never put him in touch with Roddy in the first place,  as to who they would recommend, have a clear out and start over. 

Embarrassing for him but sometimes you just have to put your hands up because continuing as we are will not have a happy ending. Start wielding that axe (not the guitar variety) Thomas, get a UK based CEO on board and a coach / manager to at least keep us in this division.
  • Options
    Assuming if it's not announced today, then Adkins will be in charge against Fleetwood?

Even if we do win that game, against an opposition you think we normally should have a good chance of beating - I can't see how that turns around what has happened in the previous 10 games. It's not even the fact we are losing, it's the manner we lose by. Every game we have 30/35 minutes where we look decent enough and play well, and then we come under a little pressure the other way and buckle and fall apart. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Curbs was saying its frustrating for them in the studio as they're all Charton supporters. I reckon he might be up for it if asked
    Perfect someone who has been longer out of the game than Adkins was.. by quite a stretch.
  • Options
    That might be lost on people who don't see his twitter posts
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear that bloody goal music Fleetwood play 
  • Options
    Think it’s time we tried Jonathan Ackworth as manager 
    😩
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.

North upper singing “we are staying up” after we took the lead in tongue in cheek fashion.  

How long does it stay tongue in cheek for is the question.  
  • Options
    Ronnie Moore what a dick head you are. 
  • Options
    I'd give Adkins more time, IF I thought it would improve things. In fairness to him, the preparation to the season was dreadful and as such, he's never either known his best team, or been able to play them.
    It's been a sh*t show from the outset !
    In such circumstances, he's the last sort of manager that you need, constantly changing formations, systems, and making everything far more complicated than it needs to be, rather than going back to basics, round pegs in round holes, grinding out a win, in order to build confidence.
    Therein lies the major problem, no confidence!
    We have some really good players, and a strong squad, but their confidence is shot to pieces.
    In such circumstances, they don't need a happy, clappy, Mr Motivator with PowerPoint presentations, they need someone to tell them to man up, dig in and fight.
    If that takes throwing a few tea cups around the dressing room, so be it.
    But Adkins isn't that man, he's a man for good times, for building momentum when things are going well 
    We need to turn this around right now before it becomes ingrained.
    Put Curbs in as caretaker, if it goes well, then take it from there, nothing to lose!
    It would bring the whole club together and give everyone a lift. Once things are on the up again, he could move up to DOF, letting Jacko, Euell or someone younger, take over.
    For me it's a no brainer, the bloke is still so respected, and he loves the club so much, he'd probably help us out for nothing for a few games if asked.
  • Options
    Pse9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    johnny73 said:
    Waited until 10 games and things are not working for Adkins. He should go.
    The problem is appointing a new manager isn't going to fix the issues in my opinion.
    The structure is wrong somewhere.
    Whoever comes in needs to be able to bring in his own people, even if that means existing coaches have to be let go.
    Has anyone at the club got any experience in identifying and fixing similar issues at a football club?
    Bang on the money, TS has been ill advised (by Roddy?) and is now in up to his neck in it. He needs to seek some guidance from his lawyers Freshfields, assuming they never put him in touch with Roddy in the first place,  as to who they would recommend, have a clear out and start over. 

Embarrassing for him but sometimes you just have to put your hands up because continuing as we are will not have a happy ending. Start wielding that axe (not the guitar variety) Thomas, get a UK based CEO on board and a coach / manager to at least keep us in this division.
    I know a really good candidate, from Belgium, with a legal background who could help…
    Nah you’re alright, never go back 😉.
  • Options
    I have a feeling NA has a couple more games. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    If so NA will just resemble Nero fiddling whilst Rome burnt and TS King Canute drowning as the tide comes in 😏
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    If so NA will just resemble Nero fiddling whilst Rome burnt and TS King Canute drowning as the tide comes in 😏
    Kind of felt like that one way or other, for the last 10 years to be honest
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It really irritates me that Adkins doesn’t come over, ever to the fans and thank them. Bow did it every game no matter the result - it creates a bond and earns respect 

It’s certainly a reason I’ve not warmed to him. It makes him look like a coward IMO
    The same crowd some of whom are screaming for him be sacked, booing etc etc? Ok…………
  • Options
    I get the clamour for Curbs but this is a guy who is 64 in a few weeks and hasn't managed for over 13 years. I love the guy, but personally for me after so long out of the game he isn't the answer. 
    And remember how bad his football was in the last 12 months .. awful negative football went to West Ham and got found out big time  
    Did he? My recollection is that he did ok but there were some shenanigans relating to transfers and the board doing stuff without his knowledge/approval that was the issue?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I won’t protest over this football nightmare.
    Time isn’t running out for Mr Adkins, he has been living on borrowed time since Milton Keynes away.
    Everybody and their dog, and cat, and hamster and budgie can see it.
    At least if we had the Crawley manager the interviews would be entertaining.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I hate calling for managers to get sacked this quick and Nigel seems a decent guy but its not working and I cant see him being able to change this. We are 10 games in nearly a quarter of the season gone, we are sleep walking into a relegation fight with little fight being shown.

Its criminal that 10 games in we don't look fit our know or best team, the manager has to take the blame for that, yes recruitment was delayed or not the best but as he likes to say control the controllables and he is not doing that. 

• Options
    I wanted him to do well but it isn't working out and he needs to go. We look bereft of confidence and look like relegation fodder.

My biggest fear is L2 and fans turning on the owner - we need to avoid that.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I have no idea on what basis.

1 win in 10
    5 without a win
    4th worst defensive record
    6th worst goals scored
    Only Doncaster have lost more games
    23rd in league one

The seasons aim was promotion and after almost a quarter of the season we are 4 points from safety having played a game more! There is absolutely no logical reason to give him more time. 
    I agree but if he's not gone by the end of today, that's what's happening.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I have no idea on what basis.

1 win in 10
    5 without a win
    4th worst defensive record
    6th worst goals scored
    Only Doncaster have lost more games
    23rd in league one

The seasons aim was promotion and after almost a quarter of the season we are 4 points from safety having played a game more! There is absolutely no logical reason to give him more time. 
    I agree but if he's not gone by the end of today, that's what's happening.
    If he stays on we're just delaying the inevitable. I doubt even Nigel thinks he will turn it around.
  • Options
    Fair to say that if TS doesnt sack Adkins after 1 win in 10 &  a heavy home defeat to a side who just scrapped promotion from league two a few months back, then he's never going to do it.

I genuinely fear he'll leave it (as he did with bowyer) and we'll soon be cut adrift in the relegation soon. We're already in a concerning position where a win wouldnt get us out of it.

Worrying times.
  • Options
    Isn't Roy Keane looking for a job? 😆
    My God, I would love Roy Keane to come in and go straight into some of these. It would all be a terrible disaster, but him going into Matthews or DJ about thier efforts would be worth it at least. Not sure Harry Arter would be too excited mind
  • Options
    I can see Sandgaard giving Adkins the bullet should we not beat Fleetwood. We could be bottom on Saturday, I imagine discussions have taken place re new manager options.
    Rotherham will probably be called off due to international call ups so a new manager could have 7 days to sort the squad out.
    I'm not in total agreement about sacking Adkins but the football is shocking and this has all the signs of being a very long season.
    As the miserable @clb74 repeatedly says, quite rightly, how long do we give a new manager before he gets stick if he does not hit the ground running?
    We gave Lord Bowyer about 10 games.
    Adkins had what 5/6 games.
    Some of the players had had the shirt on for about 20 minutes before being told they are not fit to wear the shirt.
    At the same time I feel sorry for TS, Adkins and us fans.
    But I've also got the right hump with us fans ,TS and Adkins.
    All what's going on I think could of been avoided.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!