Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    please no typical cheap charlton appointment with JJ, his been defensive coach that saw 2 relegations, we are 4 points a drift we cant take that risk, we need a complete overhaul of staff, we are rotten on the playing side, and no past it appointments like adkins, 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
      I'm not one for protests against individuals.  Only one I've agreed with, was against Pardew.  Made absolutely no difference to us that season.  I'm certain Adkins has been a failure, and I'm certain he's a good person.

I think Euell and Jackson need to be given the reins from early next month, with Curbishley providing advice.  No I don't think the squad is a good blend, but I don't think it's hopeless like our 08/09 squad.  We need to be hard to beat, and then worry about wins.  Mid-table is a fantasy at this moment.  
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    He's got 2 games at most, anything less than 2 wins and surely he's gone. 

Then 3 games and anything less than 3 wins?

There comes a time.
    I think he should be gone after tonights result, I just have a feeling TS will give him more time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Be curious to see how quick we get someone in if Adkins does get replaced.

If we have some kind of "black box" approach that copies Southampton then I imagine we'll already have a list of names.

Wasnt that partly how Adkins got the role in the first place

As didnt Sandgaard | Roddy | Gallen basically sit down and discuss what would happen if Bowyer suddenly left.

I'll be interested to see who replaces him, Jackson would be the bookies favourite whilst you might find Neil Harris on there - We all have our wishlists but equally have to remember that Sandgaard opted for Adkins because of his experience both as a Manager and promoting youth

Maybe its my brain that isnt working properly but cant think of too many other Managers that are a combination of that.

Those who usually promote youth arent always successful due to a lack of experience in the team
  • Options
    Are we sure they turned on the black box yet?

Its a difficult one really as many managers in our budget will have a similar sort of win ratios, and will likely have had years where they have done outstanding and other more lean years. I think there's so many variables that went into these peak and lean years that picking the correct manager it makes the task devilishly hard.

To be honest I'm just at the point where I want someone in who means at least try and play decent passing football though the thirds even if we lose some games and end up mid table. Fed up of seeing us trapped in corners with our full backs. 
  • Options
    He will be gone in the morning, or at worst after defeat at Fleetwood. 
    Feel a bit sad for him (nice guy), but he has lost the support of the fan base. He should do the decent thing and walk on Weds morning in a mutual consent styleee (he’s got previous for that).

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Who are the viable alternatives?
    time after time an unknown (except to those REALLY in the know) takes over a role and excels for a while .. it seems to me that the tenures of managers, especially in the lower divisions are getting shorter and shorter, disgruntled owners and fans quickly turn on he who was yesterday's hero
    The obvious candidate, or perhaps the one most mooted on here is Chris Wilder, though he is an example of a manager who rose quickly through the ranks only to burn out like the Hindenburg and he was gone in an instant, bewitched, bothered and bewildered.. Adkins was a good manager 10 years ago and look at him now.
    To answer your question, I don't think there is an obvious candidate and unfortunately I don't think that D O F Roddy has his ear close enough to the ground to be able to metaphorically unearth a Nathan Richardson (Wigan) or a Mark Cooper (Barrow) or even an old experienced hand like Simon Grayson, he who's had more clubs up north than (name any famous golfer here) and still has the nous to sometimes turn around a club's fortunes.
    Me ? .. I'd go for Mark Robinson the Wimbledon manager. Been around the Wimbledon set up for years and years, knows the lower leagues inside out and would be as good an appointment as anyone. Problem is, he is not a 'name' and we wouldn't get him anyway
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs was saying its frustrating for them in the studio as they're all Charton supporters. I reckon he might be up for it if asked
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Hearing you loud and clear - thanks for your input 😉
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    He's got 2 games at most, anything less than 2 wins and surely he's gone. 
    Wouldn't so sure- I said 3 games ago he needs to get 5 points, so you never know they could loose both those games, and he won't be sacked.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, 200 posts since yesterday lunch time...
  • Options
    Feel a bit sad for him (nice guy), but he has lost the support of the fan base. He should do the decent thing and walk on Weds morning in a mutual consent styleee (he’s got previous for that).

I didn't think he'd announce resignation during his post match interview, he owes it to Thomas to have a conversation with him first. But I think he'll sleep on this result and go tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Isn't Roy Keane looking for a job? 😆
    How about Roy Kent from Ted Lasso? 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

I didn't think he'd announce resignation during his post match interview, he owes it to Thomas to have a conversation with him first. But I think he'll sleep on this result and go tomorrow. 
    he won't walk, he'll not get his contract paid up,  he'll hang on despite the flack and possible humiliation until he is sacked and leaves with a good few quid in his bank a/c
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Whatever they put in those biscuits at the fans forum, they I would like a nibble 
  • Options
    Maybe Ronnie Schwartz will get another chance under his third Charlton manager😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm inclined to think he's got 3 games to save his job but needs 5 points minimum from those to buy himself time until Christmas.
    3 games later- he has lost it for me now.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Curbs was saying its frustrating for them in the studio as they're all Charton supporters. I reckon he might be up for it if asked
    Do that and put Adkins in the studio!
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Gribbo said:
    Do that and put Adkins in the studio!
    Not the worst idea tbh mate
  • Options
    I'd give JJ and Euell a go. I can't see anyone else out there who shouts out as a realistic appointment.

Fans will get behind them and we're in league one. It worked with Powell and Bowyer, so why not? 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It really irritates me that Adkins doesn’t come over, ever to the fans and thank them. Bow did it every game no matter the result - it creates a bond and earns respect 

It’s certainly a reason I’ve not warmed to him. It makes him look like a coward IMO
    You’re joking right?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!