Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Bad timing, game will probably be called off due to the International Break
  • Options
    Needs to go pronto and too early for JJ IMO 
  • Options
    Think giving it to JJ will only make matters worse. We'll be giving him chance after chance after chance, all the way down to League 2. I don't think it would be fair on him either

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Jacko and Euell were here under Bowyer when we got promoted. Bowyer got us promoted having been here under Robinson who was absolute toss.

Love to know how many training sessions all you experts have seen to know that Jackson and Euell are such terrible coaches. They don't pick the team. They don't change the team every week. Those are Adkins' decisions. 

None of us know a thing about their calibre as coaches or their potential as managers.

What do you think they do hand out the bibs and put the cones out?
    Well as per my previous posts, I've got absolutely no idea what happens in training. You seem to be extremely well informed though, so perhaps you can tell me exactly what element of Jacko and Euell's coaching is so poor?

We've conceded 6 goals in our last two home games, so clearly the defence is a problem. Which one of Jacko and Euell is responsible for coaching or defenders? Or do they both do it? And what are they doing wrong now that they were getting right when we got 6 clean sheets on the soon last season? Or when we were winning at Blackburn and beating Leeds and Derby in the Championship.
    Please enlighten me 
  • Options
    Give JJ Saturday at least and see how that goes.
  • Options
    Did Anyone notice notice when it was 1-2 and someone was down injured all the Bolton players rushed over to the bench for instructions, all ours gathered in the half way circle looking away from the bench. Think that might be telling.
  • Options
    Incidentally, more than enough "not Jacko" posts on here, not seen many/any suggestions about who might be a better option.
  • Options
    Felt like a last interview watching that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Failed at Reading
    Failed at Sheff U
    Failed at Hull. 

Doesn’t know what his best team is at CAFC. 
    Need him gone. 
    We will lose the next 2 anyway, so we might as well bite the bullet now and make a change. 
    Never failed at Hull…look what he done at Southampton and Scunthorpe..as well as missed out on the play offs on goal difference.. give the fella a chance 
    1-4 to Bolton with the club in the relegation zone after 10 games. Failed at Charlton. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Neil Harris?
    He'll be a Legend in South London if he makes that appointment.

Just it wont be in SE7
  • Options
    Jackson helped continue our better form last season with the win against Bristol Rovers.  Albeit he was saved by Shinnie, performing for me, our single most brilliant piece of play last season.

When we're shit, the only sane thing to do is be hard to beat.  So what does Adkins do, he plays a midfield with one person who's defensively energetic - Clare.  We're bloody playing with Leko, Taylor and Watson who manage to get out the way of any tackle. 

Why drop Morgan, when we finally try to play simpler football?  If you play Taylor you do not play Leko on the opposite wing - actually Leko is no winger or midfielder anyway.  Morgan at least balances the defensive unreliability of a more offensive outside left, as on the wings/channels he busts a gut to cover defensive spaces.  Fuck me we've started with a front six where only Clare and Davison would defensively match up their opposite number.  It's not Klopp heavy metal science what's going to happen with that lot.

When you are shit, you pack the team with willing characters.  You might allow for the unreliability of your best pacey player - Taylor.  I have no issue with Lee starting as long as he's told to start as the third midfielder, who can be slightly advanced for the turnover.  Then Leko or Washington can replace him when legs are tired.  But unlike at Gillingham he has to be told, out of possesion he is a third central midfielder.  You never play Watson in any midfield without two runners to cover him. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Protest outside the stadium after a few bad results in somewhat extenuating circumstances and after everything else we've been through - all a bit cringe and Arsenal like for me.

Yes results and performances are shit, and Adkins can have no complaints if he's fired, but lets keep some perspective on things.
    4 points adrift from safety, having played a game more, the team in its lowest position in its HISTORY. Not sure much more perspective is needed, the club is at rock bottom. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Protest outside the stadium after a few bad results in somewhat extenuating circumstances and after everything else we've been through - all a bit cringe and Arsenal like for me.

Yes results and performances are shit, and Adkins can have no complaints if he's fired, but lets keep some perspective on things.

Dodger doesn't like being sidelined!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:

Why don't we try the Southampton Under 21's game? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got 2 games at most, anything less than 2 wins and surely he's gone. 
  • Options
    Who are the viable alternatives?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    He's got 2 games at most, anything less than 2 wins and surely he's gone. 

Then 3 games and anything less than 3 wins?

There comes a time.
  • Options
    Get this absolute clown out of our club now!

One win in ten games and marooned in the bottom TWO of Division One is literally the lowest point in our history, and it has his fingerprints all over it with baffling team selections, unfathomable tactics and assembling a squad that by all accounts is not fit enough to either play ninety minutes, or play two games in four days - totally unacceptable.

Get him out and get somebody in like a Johnnie Jackson or a Jason Euell, with Curbs installed as a father figure guiding them out of this shite!!

• Options
    Scoham said:

Am sure plenty wont be bothered to just go and stand outside that evening.

A League game would be better if people wanted to protest as at least they can attend as part of their ST afterwards

Should they want to anyway
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That has to be treated as a League game. We need to get a team playing together and gelling and we need Adkins to be nowhere near it.
  • Options
    more a statement of the bleedin obvious
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!