Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    sack him, bring curbs in as caretaker and let him assess jj and euell and help appoint long term manager
    Short memory hiow bad it was under curbs in his last 12 months in charge … football was dreadful and he fell out with a number of players .. went to WHU and got found out there because of his negative tactics 
    So Colin is the one that hounded Curbs out ! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Must be a possibility surely.

At first I thought he was a breath of fresh air, but i'm now thinking its just wind.
    Was never good enough in the first place. Get rid of him. 
  • Options
    I'm generally loath to comment on how we've been playing, as I've only seen the games that have been broadcast in the UK so far, and I'm not really big on the whole tactics and formations thing, but even I was a bit worried watching the pre-match show when they announced the team. I don't know enough about PS to say what he'd be like as a wingback, but what I've seen of Gunter certainly isn't my idea of one.
    I'm not on the "Adkins out" bus, but it's looking ominous.
  • Options
    I think winning any league isn’t easy, being a mediocre middle of the table third division isn’t hard to achieve at Charlton.  Being bottom of any league requires no skills, no tactics and no effort.  
    I like any other who watches football can achieve this level of  failure, all that’s required is to turn up and go through the motions. We can’t now do much about the players, these are the ones that we have to stick with. We could carry on with our current management and hopefully things will improve or we can face the reality we are in now and change a few members of staff around and showing the door to some. 
  • Options
    sack him, bring curbs in as caretaker and let him assess jj and euell and help appoint long term manager
    Short memory hiow bad it was under curbs in his last 12 months in charge … football was dreadful and he fell out with a number of players .. went to WHU and got found out there because of his negative tactics 
    If that football was “dreadful” I wonder if the English language possesses a word to describe what we are seeing currently. 
  • Options
    Getting a strange feeling of deja vu.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 games to turn this around before the next international break. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Convinced there's a serious breakdown in relationship somewhere at the Club and there's possibly more drama, off the pitch, to follow
    I believe you are right. Things going on behind the scenes. Keohane and Chris Parkes had a blazing row outside the main entrance which threatened to turn physical apparently. 
  • Options
    I hate the trigger happy approach. 
    But I don't think there's been many green shoots from any of our performances thus far.

I went to the Wigan game where we were comprehensively outplayed.
    I mentioned it at the time. Adkins was balling instructions to the players and I saw a couple shrug their shoulders to one another.

They are not playing for this manager!
    Simplify. Go 4-4-2. But so many managers try to be cleverer than they actually are.
    This.

We’ve played 4-4-2 once this season and won! 
  • Options
    It does feel ridiculously early still to me, but I wasn't keen on the appointment at the time so not exactly going to cry about it if it does happen. I guess even though results will probably improve I don't really see what we are going to achieve even if he does so maybe it's worth just cutting the losses early.

Only reason you'd go for functional football like Adkins is to be solid and to get into the playoff mix which isn't happening, so if it's not working I guess what is the point.
  • Options
    6 months and 20 odd games is not shocking in the modern game really.
  • Options
    If we played 4-4-2, 

McG
    Matthews  Lavelle  Famewo  Soare
    DJ  Arter  Lee  Kirk
    Leko CBT
  • Options
    I wasn't over excited by the appointment of Adkins, as to me his glory days were too long ago.

In fairness, I was much more interested in appointing Paul Cook (who we were too late for) or the Cowleys and neither have exactly been a stunning success this season either
  • Options
    Wum 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I wasn't over excited by the appointment of Adkins, as to me his glory days were too long ago.

In fairness, I was much more interested in appointing Paul Cook (who we were too late for) or the Cowleys and neither have exactly been a stunning success this season either
    I reckon Paul Cook the erstwhile drummer of the Sex Pistols, now in the excellent band The Professionals, would be getting better results than Nigel. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    addick19 said:
    Gribbo said:
    Convinced there's a serious breakdown in relationship somewhere at the Club and there's possibly more drama, off the pitch, to follow
    I believe you are right. Things going on behind the scenes. Keohane and Chris Parkes had a blazing row outside the main entrance which threatened to turn physical apparently. 
    I’m guessing Chris Parkes is in his late 60s, perhaps even early 70s, and Keohane a man in his 50s, neither look like they participate in any sort of physical excursion other than walking.  I’m not quite sure they fit the bill of Joshua vs Fury.  
    Probably more entertaining than watching Charlton right now and a bit of passion wouldn't go amiss. It's more than is seen on the pitch!
  • Options
    guy reminds me of a estate agent, get him out, who could possibly want him in, we are the lowest the club have ever been
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Fact is, he's now lost the vast majority of the fanbase. The chants today have shown that.
    Well the majority of the fanbase weren't there today. 

Performances have been woeful, but it's barely been two weeks since the window closed and I think he shoud have the chance to see his signings bed in before we judge him.

That said, lose the next two games and I think argument for him staying dissipates. 
    The transfer committee signings would probably be more accurate
  • Options
    Didn’t think the transfer window was that good although I voiced this at the time and was laughed at, Adkins been out the game too long I feel, I would personally of said give him 10 games as in up to Bolton at home, think autos are already out of the equation as we are now 12 points adrift. 

But nothing is changing it’s the same shit every game and I don’t think he knows how to do it any differently. 
  • Options
    Adkins the man is entirely personable and I’d stroll through the woods with him, chatting and doing a bit of bird watching. Adkins as a tactician and motivator of players is a busted flush. Kindest thing is for TS to move him on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!