Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I hate the trigger happy approach. 
    But I don't think there's been many green shoots from any of our performances thus far.

I went to the Wigan game where we were comprehensively outplayed.
    I mentioned it at the time. Adkins was balling instructions to the players and I saw a couple shrug their shoulders to one another.

They are not playing for this manager!
    Simplify. Go 4-4-2. But so many managers try to be cleverer than they actually are.
  • Options
    I hate the trigger happy approach. 
    But I don't think there's been many green shoots from any of our performances thus far.

I went to the Wigan game where we were comprehensively outplayed.
    I mentioned it at the time. Adkins was balling instructions to the players and I saw a couple shrug their shoulders to one another.

They are not playing for this manager!

What a mess.

Sounds like the players are also just being unprofessional dickheads.

What happened over the summer?

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, but sounds like Adkins isn't even respected.
    Two sides to every story, but might be a case they all collectively don't give a shit.

Players probably unite in moaning about Adkins via Charlton squad watsapp group.

It won't help and most likely adds fuel to a fire and a negative welcome for any new recruits 
  • Options
    Just going past Wembley on the met line home. Closest I’ll get this season, playoffs already out of sight. Just a few weeks ago I’d have said mid table would be a disaster for us, now it’ll be a triumph. Adkins should go. 
  • Options
    A new manager now would be ideal as there’s so much time to rectify things, and now our expectations are lowered.  

If you bought someone in from our league they’d be licking their lips with the individuals we’ve got.  
    Yeah right 
    Matthews 
    Gunter
    Watson 
    Morgan 
    Clare
    Dobson
    DJ
    Etc.
    Probably got a hard on at the prospect of that lot.
    Why have you named the shit ones and not the good ones that we paid big money for?
  • Options
    A new manager now would be ideal as there’s so much time to rectify things, and now our expectations are lowered.  

If you bought someone in from our league they’d be licking their lips with the individuals we’ve got.  
    Yeah right 
    Matthews 
    Gunter
    Watson 
    Morgan 
    Clare
    Dobson
    DJ
    Etc.
    Why have you named the shit ones and not the good ones that we paid big money for?
    None of them look good either tbf.
  • Options

Yeah right 
    Matthews 
    Gunter
    Watson 
    Morgan 
    Clare
    Dobson
    DJ
    Etc.
    ;)
  • Options

Yeah right 
    Matthews 
    Gunter
    Watson 
    Morgan 
    Clare
    Dobson
    DJ
    Etc.
    Name me the big ones who have been playing well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah right 
    Matthews 
    Gunter
    Watson 
    Morgan 
    Clare
    Dobson
    DJ
    Etc.
    Name me the big ones who have been playing well.
    You’re massively missing the point.

see my previous post.
  • Options
    You're setting yourself up for a fall when your catchphrase is 
    'Lets go and make the most of the day everyone'
  • Options
    Players don’t become bad overnight do they. 

We all rated Stockley, Matthews etc under bowyer.  

We’ve spent decent money on decent league one players.  Not to mention some very capable loan players.  

The manager is the problem, clearly.
    I respect your view  mate.
    But this transfer window was a fucking disaster. 
    Look at the league one table if you don't agree 
  • Options
    Not all of us rated Stockley. Plenty on here didn't want us to re-sign him this season. 
  • Options

We’ve spent decent money on decent league one players.  Not to mention some very capable loan players.  

Managers don't become bad overnight do they? 

We finished last season strong, I think the rebuild didn't go to plan so we've ended up a bit phucked. I don't blame Nigel, he inherited a number of these players probably without much say.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Managers don't become bad overnight do they? 

We finished last season strong, I think the rebuild didn't go to plan so we've ended up a bit phucked. I don't blame Nigel, he inherited a number of these players probably without much say.
    They become stale and void of ideas though clearly.  You can name examples all the way up the top.
  • Options

I respect your view  mate.
    But this transfer window was a fucking disaster. 
    Look at the league one table if you don't agree 
    We left it late agreed, but we are not the only team to do that.

We are all in agreement we’ve been embarrassingly bad.  I think it points to the manager in a big way. 
  • Options
    Concerned that we don’t have a clue what formation or players to play. Yes you should have depth, but you should at least know your core 13/14 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You should have a plan B you can implement when required, not wait for a goal/half time. If it isn't working it never fixes itself. How an experienced manager like Adkins doesn't know this is beyond me. Plan B might fail but if plan A is failing what have you got to F ing  lose?
  • Options
    He will get the sack sometime soon. 
    But I still blame Sandgaard. 
    Worst transfer window ever. 
    Half the players we have kept are shit.
    As for pre season  😣😣
    Yeah definitely. He didn’t turn into a crap manager over a summer. He did well in his games last season. Something has happened since then - the budget was cut (it was, right?) and we didn’t bring in decent players early enough. Clare and Dobson? Behave. 
  • Options
    Feels the same as it did towards the end of Bowyer's tenure, with players not seeming to know their roles. I don't think 4-4-2 saves us, all the opposition do, whatever formation we choose, is press us high and make us go long, knowing they can win second balls. I liked what I saw under Adkins when he came in, got us pressing higher and playing as a unit, not sure what's happened. But until the players are drilled to know where they are meant to be playing and what they are meant to be doing, passing and moving instinctively and playing through the lines with confidence, it's not going to go well. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Im sure its not what Sandgaard expected this year, I think he will have to do something and he will have to do it soon, he has too much invested for mediocrity at best.
    I'm sure it's not what Adkins expected either, Sandgaard invested in mediocrity & joint bottom of Division three is where mediocrity lands you.
  • Options
    2 games left for me.  
  • Options
    Forest are playing like bunch of one legged blind men .. Hughton is sacked and they win 2-0 at Huddersfield for the first win of the season .. the point .. players often play 100% better for a new manager  .. just what we need, a new manager bounce
  • Options
    One thing is certain. Things have to improve one way or another. That’s under Adkins or someone else. No idea when its the right time to push the button but unless that improvement is very quickly forthcoming then it has to be soon. Two more losses this week would be my limit although I don’t think we’ll lose either.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Maybe he's waiting for the sack, having been (like us) told a load of crap by Sandgaard.

I wonder if that is the case and he's after a pay off.  Hope not but who knows
    Seriously would you make yourself unemployed ? Sandgaard has to sack him or come to some agreement (same thing really)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!