Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Has he walked yet?
    Walking's brilliant!!
  • Options
    Let’s name a few we all agree on then.

Akin Famewo - we all loved him last season no?  And was buzzing to get him back.  He’s been shite.

Matthews - another majority loved, championship he was good for us.  He’s been shite.

Kirk - one of the most exciting young names in this league, perhaps we can blame his personal issues, but he’s been shite.

Stockley - very good end of last season, buzzing also when we signed him, the majority were.  He’s been shite.

Morgan - appreciate he divided opinion even last season, but he’s been shite, he was never shite before.

So why all these players last season the most of us liked, been terrible this season?  What’s the common denominator?
    4/5 of those played very well for Adkins last season, so what has fundamentally changed?

I have no idea.  Same formation, a lot of the same players, same manager. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Akin Famewo - we all loved him last season no?  And was buzzing to get him back.  He’s been shite.

Matthews - another majority loved, championship he was good for us.  He’s been shite.

Kirk - one of the most exciting young names in this league, perhaps we can blame his personal issues, but he’s been shite.

Stockley - very good end of last season, buzzing also when we signed him, the majority were.  He’s been shite.

Morgan - appreciate he divided opinion even last season, but he’s been shite, he was never shite before.

So why all these players last season the most of us liked, been terrible this season?  What’s the common denominator?
    4/5 of those played very well for Adkins last season, so what has fundamentally changed?

Perhaps we should get Laurie back. He used to be shite.
  • Options
    sack him, bring curbs in as caretaker and let him assess jj and euell and help appoint long term manager
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Rothko said:
    Honestly think the squad he has is good enough, it’s worrying that there is no clear idea of what a starting 11 or identity is for the team.

the lack of being competitive in games is the single most worrying thing 
     I'm not so sure. Too injury prone for a start. No obvious spine and very little opportunity to really mix things up to get results

Look way off of a top side to me 
  • Options
    Gallen I'd keep. Roddy, I'm not sure what he does. But too many cooks.
    I liked it but don't see it happening, wasn't it Roddy who had a hand in Sandgaard coming here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s made his money he’s useless and we are going down if he stays 
  • Options
    I just don’t see it changing under Nigel. 

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pearce was shit
    Gunter was shit
    Watson was shit

This season still shit, one 1/3 of the outfield players.

Add Dobson, a very out of form Arter (past it?), out of form Stockley, Famewo looking half the player last year,

That leaves Leko, Washington (who is never going to pull up trees in that formation), Lavell (120mins football for us), Soare (90mins football for us)

Mcgilvary aside that's our starting 11 and we wonder why we were shit.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don’t think they’re playing for him or they’ve no idea what he wants from them tactically.  Either way, I find it tough to see anything other than him being the problem.
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    No club should sack its manager after seven games of the season.
    The problem with Bowyer was we didn't sack him soon enough. Waiting for a turnaround...how often have we done that in the last 15 years?
  • Options
    Out. Fuck giving chances now. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

So do you think that he'd be alright (on a wet Tuesday night in Accrington)?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don’t think they’re playing for him or they’ve no idea what he wants from them tactically.  Either way, I find it tough to see anything other than him being the problem.
    The first point could be the problem, I don't think the second part is.  It's been mainly the same system and tactics as last season. 

4231/433 isn't the problem either.  I would be supprised if most of these players have played 442, as most people understand it, since they were at primary school.  It's not some alien formation.  It's the one most youth teams play and has been for a long time. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

So do you think that he'd be alright (on a wet Tuesday night in Accrington)?
    Possibly. 
    But do you think he'd be alright on a wet Tuesday night in league two next season 
  • Options
    He had one tactical plan at the start of the season - without JFC and Gilbey, the system doesn't work. He had no plan B whatsoever, the football is awful and he doesn't know what to do. The formation and tactics today were terrible. It's like he has no idea how to play football in this league. Either the players don't understand what is being asked of them or they simply don't care. Probably a combination of the two.

If Bowyer was allegedly too harsh, I'm now of the belief that NA is now too far the other way. Combined with the fact that he seemingly has a tactical naivety that means we overrun in midfield every game. There is no way these players are as bad as they are looking right now. I'm absolutely no expert, but there are massive gaps in the middle of the park because we are so stretched out between out defence and attack. Can they not see what we see?

Until today, I wanted to give him more time. Today, he looked out of his depth. Selection and tactics all wrong. Time to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can’t see Sandgaard sacking him now. Whether he should or not is a different matter.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t be upset if he did go but I’d give him a few more games .
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

1. We failed to replace JFC & Chuks (i.e. we weakened)
    2. The league is far stronger this year
    3. The new manager bounce is over
    4. Innis (key player at the end of last season) is truly crocked this season.

...so basically the difference is that this year we are missing out best CB, best CM & best forward (the whole spine of last year's team).
  • Options
    I hate saying this about a decent man, but for the sake of the club he has to go.
    I wouldn't mind Euell, Jacko would be OK, but right now we need a bit of nasty.
  • Options
    Forest are playing like bunch of one legged blind men .. Hughton is sacked and they win 2-0 at Huddersfield for the first win of the season .. the point .. players often play 100% better for a new manager  .. just what we need, a new manager bounce
    A new manager bounce rarely lasts though. You can’t just keep changing managers. 
    Having said that, I have no idea what TS should do because clearly something is going wrong. 
  • Options
    Didn’t someone (Gallen, Roddy) say about promotion this season or if not next? If the remit is promotion within two seasons, build next season on the good ones we have signed this, then I can’t see TS sacking Adkins unless we pick up only a point or two in the next five games. I’m not in the Adkins out camp yet, but if we don’t get at least two wins and a couple of draws from the next five games then I will be.
  • Options
    Yes Stevie Brown got it spot on, when you are out of form and confidence, you have to just some how scrap and win a few games ugly before you can start playing well again. I'm not sure that Nige has the abilty to do that 

• Options
    Read his post match comments. It's "maybe if we had shown more quality.....maybe if we had done this and maybe if we had done that." We didn't once again and we lost once again. I don't think he chose most of these players he has been given but I don't think he can get a tune out of them either. End the misery and give someone else a chance of turning it around. We can't watch much more of this shit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!