Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I feel for TS. He's like a rabbit caught in the floodlights.
  • Options
    Has he walked yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    How long do we have to wait. Being in league one is bad enough but to be second from bottom 7 games in and getting our pants pulled down almost on a weekly basis takes the biscuit. This season has all the hallmarks of P****w’s time in charge.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    How long do we have to wait. Being in league one is bad enough. But to be second from bottom 7 games in and getting our pants pulled down almost on a weekly basis. This season has all the hallmarks of P****w’s time in charge.
    As fans, we don’t have all the answers but we do know what a relegation season looks like and this is it. Act now TS before it’s too late.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Game starts with teams prodding and probing. We look ok, but toothless up front. Nobody playing off people or getting numbers in the box. Opponents realise that we are unlikely to score and have a go. Pressure builds and the only person who can't see a goal coming is Adkins. It comes. At least we can try to address at half time but a manager who waits for half time is a twat. Anyway same team starts second half! It follows the same pattern as other games. No adventure, no composure, leaving the responsibility to others. Story of our season. We need to see different on Tuesday or Adkins should go. 
  • Options
    Gallen and Roddy can join him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes- get rid.  I’ve been saying it for months .  Jacko and Euell until the end of the season at least . 
  • Options
    We're used to having a team that's greater than the sum of its parts at Charlton.
    Today we have, I think, a very good squad by League One standards, which is underperforming pitifully.
    That's down to the manager.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Yes- get rid.  I’ve been saying it for months .  Jacko and Euell until the end of the season at least . 
    I'd give them to Christmas. It was the appointment that should have been made last season. I don't want any experienced manager who wouldn't tell us to fcuk off so we need to give them a chance. 
  • Options
    Still seeing comments on twitter that Neil Harris was at the game today.

If thats the alternative then Adkins IN!!
    Better the devil you know I think.

Cardiff City
    On 16 November 2019, Harris was appointed manager of Championship side Cardiff City.[25] In his first season, he finished 5th in the league taking Cardiff to the play-off semi-finals against Fulham.

On 21 January 2021, Harris was sacked from Cardiff City.[26] The Bluebirds had initially only won three of their opening 13 fixtures, inviting pressure on Harris. A 4-match winning streak was undone by 6 straight defeats that sealed his fate as manager.[27]
  • Options
    Was really impressed with Adkin's Scunthorpe team in the Champ.  Never thought that the Southampton squad he inherited didn't have the quality to challenge for promotion from the Champ - let alone his first L1 promotion.  Seriously underwhelmed by what he did at Sheffield United and Reading.  Not sure he did anything more than par at Hull.  I struggle to see how Roddy identified him as having the vision to take the club forward.

I'm not for changing management early, at least before November.  But if we have form like this for the next month, I can not see any point continuing with his obsession to play 3 forwards and not 4 or 5 bonafide midfielders.  I'd accept an earlier change than I'd ever thought.

I hope Nigel succeeds, but this unbalanced squad doesn't look like it can play any offensive and adventurous formation.  If he doesn't see that he'll be gone by the end of October.
  • Options
    Sandgaard should give Adkins an ultimatum. Three games to save his job with a minimum of 6 points and attacking play.
  • Options
    Gillingham is always a shit place for us to go. Tuesday won’t be easy by any stretch. Home v Portsmouth wouldn’t be my choice of next home opponents either. I can see two poxy draws here and Adkins hangs on by the skin of his teeth. In reality anything less than four points isn’t good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sandgaard should give Adkins an ultimatum. Three games to save his job with a minimum of 6 points and attacking play.

I said similar but I'd take 5. That would at least be three unbeaten...
  • Options
    Gillingham is always a shit place for us to go. Tuesday won’t be easy by any stretch. Home v Portsmouth wouldn’t be my choice of next home opponents either. I can see two poxy draws here and Adkins hangs on by the skin of his teeth. In reality anything less than four points isn’t good enough.
    Thankfully they appear just as shite at the moment - I forsee that one being like two bald blokes fighting over a brush
  • Options
    I hate the trigger happy approach. 
    But I don't think there's been many green shoots from any of our performances thus far.

I went to the Wigan game where we were comprehensively outplayed.
    I mentioned it at the time. Adkins was balling instructions to the players and I saw a couple shrug their shoulders to one another.

They are not playing for this manager!
  • Options
    Gallen and Roddy can join him
     Gallens alright.

Wouldn't mind betting Roddy approached Sandgaard early doors and not the other way round as was widely reported.
  • Options
    Crap results crap performances and crap tactics. What are the positives at present?

We seem clueless.
  • Options
    I’m leaning towards saying it’s what is needed but it won’t happen yet. TS will give him as long as he can and the clamour from the fans will not be loud enough yet to force TS’s hand. 
    starting to think that Sandy is a nice bloke who hasn't got the faintest clue about football
    Totally this & it's why I don't think he'll be sacking Adkins anytime soon but if he does I wouldn't be 100% surprised if Roddy was put in charge
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ct_addick said:
    Wycombe a championship team last season so don’t under rate them….however these tactics are awful…don’t like Stockley and is probably a lump you stick on last 15 mins of a game 1 down…however don’t like NA so a no and out for me
    You've just got to use Stockley properly.

Set up the team to supply a stream of crosses into the box. And stick Stockley on the end of them.

I bet other teams would.

Exactly. I don’t think he’s really a target man for hoofball. You want him attacking crosses in the box. 
  • Options
    hopefully TS is doing it now

let Euell take charge for Tuesday and we'll see if there is a reaction 
  • Options
    He will get the sack sometime soon. 
    But I still blame Sandgaard. 
    Worst transfer window ever. 
    Half the players we have kept are shit.
    As for pre season  😣😣
    Don't he pay Roddy and Gallen to advise / overlook the recruitment of playing and coaching staff?

Personally lay most blame at the players feet, but do think that mentioning Gallen is a bit taboo

Not sure whether I'd like to see NA go or not. Something has got to happen and I spose the manager is the easiest change to make
  • Options
    A new manager now would be ideal as there’s so much time to rectify things, and now our expectations are lowered.  

If you bought someone in from our league they’d be licking their lips with the individuals we’ve got.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!