Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Put it this way if we were staring at league 2 under Roland we would be launching all out war on his home town in Belgium.
    Getting back to the UK might be a problem though; you'll be pulling your hair out with all the form filling and running round in circles.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Adkins is Tommy’s man so he needs to take responsibility now and make the hard decisions.

Unfortunately, as the person above said TS seems like a nice guy who knows fuck all about football.

As opposed to Roland who was a twat but was experienced enough in the sport to get us in the Championship.

It’s a fair debate to ask what’s worse.
  • Options
    Wycombe a championship team last season so don’t under rate them….however these tactics are awful…don’t like Stockley and is probably a lump you stick on last 15 mins of a game 1 down…however don’t like NA so a no and out for me
  • Options
    Adkins has to go! Has lost the fan base with his tactical mis-haps!  Give JJ/Euell 10 games, see where we are at Christmas. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yes 100% for me.

Still no sign of a style of play.

Every opponent passes and presses better than us.

We don’t show enough confidence and belief on the ball. Players probably scared to make mistakes.

TS isn’t trigger happy but he also wants to be liked and keep the fans onside. That’ll make it an easier decision than Bowyer last season who despite the bad run split opinions.

Give Jackson a couple of games to see if he can get a reaction.

If not look at young upcoming managers with something to prove.

Avoid big names and experienced managers who have had their best days.
    You mean like Cook and Cowley ? Can’t see it but offer Wilder whatever it takes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice bloke
    Crap manager 
  • Options
    Don't know what to say. Not a supporter that clamours for managers to get the sack but where do we go from here. The plan was to treat the last part of last season as an extended bedding in period and be really settled and strong from the get go this season. It's gone wildly wrong on and off the pitch.

Terrible results. Shot shy performances. Formation lottery. Squad put together too late. Season is in the bin by mid September. From May to now the last 4 months have been an absolute disgrace from pretty much everyone involved.

Felt like today was Adkins' version of going for a good old fashioned Curbs tight ship 0-0 and that hasn't worked either.

I can't see Sandgaard paying him off...
  • Options
    Like to give a manager a bit of time, think it’s expired now.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yes 100% for me.

We don’t show enough confidence and belief on the ball. Players probably scared to make mistakes.

TS isn’t trigger happy but he also wants to be liked and keep the fans onside. That’ll make it an easier decision than Bowyer last season who despite the bad run split opinions.

You mean like Cook and Cowley ? Can’t see it but offer Wilder whatever it takes. 
    No, someone doing well in L1 or L2, hungry to step up and who plays good football.
  • Options
    If we get beaten on Tuesday, he’ll  be gone.
    I disagree, although its funny because Gillingham was the game Bowyer should have gone last season and Gillingham is the game Adkins should go this season if we lose.

But as with Bowyer Sandgaard didnt sack him when he should have he waited for Birmingham to come for him, he doesnt seem like an owner who wants to sack managers and I cant see Adkins being sacked anytime soon
  • Options
    Don’t like his tactics and the hoof ball I have witnessed so far this season

Talks a good game but not for me

Give it to Jacko for a few games and see how we get on

• Options
    Ian Dowie and powerpoint again. Not a football manager.

Nothing (except League 2) will happen until he's gone.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I've had the pleasure of not seeing the past 2 games but thought we were a bit lucky against Crewe.

Don't see how he will turn this round 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im sure its not what Sandgaard expected this year, I think he will have to do something and he will have to do it soon, he has too much invested for mediocrity at best.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yes 100% for me.

Let’s nip the fanciful Wilder talk in the bud right now. He’s said he wants to manage in the PL, no way on earth he’d take over this shambles. 
    Wilder another chance in the Prem ? ... NO chance
  • Options
    Joint bottom of the league with this team. Zero defence.

I will also add, whoever signed off on Dobson and Clare needs a hiding. Not even close to being good enough. 
  • Options
    Wilder was on 5 Live earlier, and saying he expects a Premier League or top end Championship job, so you’re not getting him. 

I’m just stunned by how poor we were last week, and uncompetitive against a good Wycombe team today, and the squad is good enough to compete. Whether Adkins goes I think will be decided at Gillingham, it’s Sandgaard last game in this trip, and I think a decision will be made either to end it, or get to Christmas and reasses 
  • Options
    Charlton under Nigel:

W6 D5 L6

Nah not having that in league one, majority of it had a fit squad to choose from unlike bowyer.  Get your coat 👋🏻 
  • Options
    From my perspective, I’d like to think, he’ll have fucked off by next Saturday. 
  • Options
    We are joint bottom of the League in mid September, so it should be an option. Today we were so poor again and I see no improvement compared to last week. Wycombe had 17 attempts and 6 shots on target compared to our 9 and 1. We have a tough three games coming up as well so TS has a decision to make. He might give him a few more games. But I just can't see us picking up any points. The team just looks so deflated and disjointed. 
  • Options
    I'm inclined to think he's got 3 games to save his job but needs 5 points minimum from those to buy himself time until Christmas.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Maybe he's waiting for the sack, having been (like us) told a load of crap by Sandgaard.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!