Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Don't know what to say. Not a supporter that clamours for managers to get the sack but where do we go from here. The plan was to treat the last part of last season as an extended bedding in period and be really settled and strong from the get go this season. It's gone wildly wrong on and off the pitch.

Terrible results. Shot shy performances. Formation lottery. Squad put together too late. Season is in the bin by mid September. From May to now the last 4 months have been an absolute disgrace from pretty much everyone involved.

Felt like today was Adkins' version of going for a good old fashioned Curbs tight ship 0-0 and that hasn't worked either.

I can't see Sandgaard paying him off...
    What would it cost to pay him off ? £ 1 million ? Agree. We’re stuck with him and hope he turns it around.
  • Options
    Don't know what to say. Not a supporter that clamours for managers to get the sack but where do we go from here. The plan was to treat the last part of last season as an extended bedding in period and be really settled and strong from the get go this season. It's gone wildly wrong on and off the pitch.

Terrible results. Shot shy performances. Formation lottery. Squad put together too late. Season is in the bin by mid September. From May to now the last 4 months have been an absolute disgrace from pretty much everyone involved.

Felt like today was Adkins' version of going for a good old fashioned Curbs tight ship 0-0 and that hasn't worked either.

What would it cost to pay him off ? £ 1 million ? Agree. We’re stuck with him and hope he turns it around.
    What would relegation cost him?
  • Options
    Said it on the match thread but that second half was absolutely no different to the first half against Cheltenham.

Just didnt look to be a case of the players looking to put things right and there were six bloody changes, over half the squad was different but there was absolutely no difference out on the pitch - Surely, SURELY those who started today (apart from Washington and Leko) would have bust a gut, like those two I mentioned, to prove a point as to why they havent been starting in the first place
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What would relegation cost him?
    Oh I agree with you. It’s clear Adkins isn’t the man to take us upwards out of this league. My point is that TS doesn’t strike me as trigger happy and it’ll cost too much to pay him off. 
  • Options
    I tend to like giving managers time and judge their performance based on what they've got at their disposal.

This team can play much better football, fact. I don't think it's a promotion squad based on how lacking we are in central midfield. But we should be doing far better.

Some of the tactical displays e.g. MK Dons and Cheltenham games, are honestly the worst I've seen and have been really embarrassing to watch.

He's got to go in my opinion. I genuinely believe another manager could turn this around quickly. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Maybe he's waiting for the sack, having been (like us) told a load of crap by Sandgaard.

I wonder if that is the case and he's after a pay off.  Hope not but who knows
  • Options
    Said it on the match thread but that second half was absolutely no different to the first half against Cheltenham.

Just didnt look to be a case of the players looking to put things right and there were six bloody changes, over half the squad was different but there was absolutely no difference out on the pitch - Surely, SURELY those who started today (apart from Washington and Leko) would have bust a gut, like those two I mentioned, to prove a point as to why they havent been starting in the first place
    I don't think our poor form has anything to do with players not trying hard enough. The tactics are all over the place. We've got some really good players on the ball who are wasted by the poor transition from defence to attack in midfield and by constantly lumping the ball to Stockley. It would be absolutely criminal if we get a player like Leko and Lee and still lump the ball forward with no aim. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As soon as poss please. 
  • Options
    Not so sure he will get the sack ,it would appear Sandgaard doesn’t like paying out money for management or players.
    Glad to see the owner is over here for a longer stay this time.

Lots has to be sorted out in se7 and the side is not the main problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I still think this is premature..... But I was very impressed with Mark Bowen on Valley Pass when I caught up with the analysis after the Wigan game. 

However, I think he was at Reading as Director of Football when Roddy left under a cloud. 
  • Options
    He has to go. 

The seasons over already. We have minimal chance of scraping a play off place. Heads have obviously already dropped.

I'd take mid table in a heartbeat.

It's such a joke 
  • Options
    I’m not calling for his head yet, but I honestly can’t believe we are where we are 1 year plus into a stabile and financially secure regime. 

Unbelievable. 
    My thoughts exactly 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    If we lose on Tuesday he has to go, there is no excuse for the start we’ve had. The players look lost and the tactics are clueless. On paper this team should be doing better. This guy has presided over the worst start to a season in our clubs history, couldn’t get much lower. That alone justifies moving him on. 
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    No club should sack its manager after seven games of the season.
    This.

I'll happily see Adkins stay here if it means next season we blow through the league. However I'm not sure I want that and I don't believe the owner does either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillis said:
    If we were losing 3-2 to the likes of Sunderland or Pompey i might agree but we're getting torn a new one by the likes of Cheltenham and Wycombe.
     Wycombe newly relegated Vs two sides we have slapped in recent years?
  • Options
    Playing Stockley every week is not working, the long ball game is not working, need to try something slightly different, maybe Bowyer's famous 4-4-2 diamond.

McG
    Gunter  Inniss  Famewo  Souare
    Dobson
    Clare  Arter
    Lee
    Washington  Leko
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Playing Stockley every week is not working, the long ball game is not working, need to try something slightly different, maybe Bowyer's famous 4-4-2 diamond.

McG
    Dobson
    Clare  Arter
    Lee
    Washington  Leko

Innis is out for a while I think
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I don't believe good managers turn bad overnight. When Adkins joined we lost just one match in ten. This season we can barely scrape a draw with anyone. The jury is out for me, I'd like a clearer view of what exactly has gone wrong and what's going to be done to put things right before calling for his head. That said, many more scorelines like today and Judge Stig will be donning the old black cap.
    This.
  • Options
    Go back to basics get a win .. and then move on … try it without Stockley what could happen ? Last 10 mins today were very good snd we could have walked away with a point …. Let’s learn from them last 10 and try something diff on Tuesday … 
    still long way to go lots of strange results happening weekly … league table only matters after 46 games I still fully expect us to click soon and be top 6 come April 

• Options
    RedJohn said:

McG
    Dobson
    Clare  Arter
    Lee
    Washington  Leko

Innis is out for a while I think
    And it would be very harsh to drop Lavelle who was one of my contenders for MOM today.
  • Options
    I genuinely don’t believe there is no winning combination of these players whilst Adkins is here, they are not playing for him, or they haven’t got a clue what he wants from them.

After each defeat we’ve said let’s drop this guy that guy, he’s the problem, not the players/formation. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gillis said:
    If we were losing 3-2 to the likes of Sunderland or Pompey i might agree but we're getting torn a new one by the likes of Cheltenham and Wycombe.
     Wycombe newly relegated Vs two sides we have slapped in recent years?
    Unfortunately what happened in recent years doesn't count this season. Portsmouth slipped up today but i dread next saturday.
  • Options
    I can take this dreadful run if results if we were in games taking shots and being unlucky, we’re not.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!