Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Eh what’s happening. BBC says he is two sets down?!
  • edited September 6
    Eh what’s happening. BBC says he is two sets down?!
    I made a mistake typing Draper and meant Sinner. Apologies.
  • Draper wins second set 7-6 (7-3)
    What an effort - he’s got to have a great chance now. Following this from a dinner out and a wish I was watching at home to see this!
    Oh noooo I said the wrong guy. Sinner won the set 7-6

• edited September 6
    Weak return game for Draper to open the third set there. Now to see if he has anything left on serve.

He’s never won from two sets down.
  • Weak return game for Draper to open the third set there. Now to see if he has anything left on serve.

He’s never won from two sets down.
    And the no. 1 seed in the US Open has won 198-0 when two sets up too
  • edited September 6
    Sinner breaks for a 4-2 lead.

Draper can barely stand at this point, let alone run across the court to return the ball.
  • Sinner wins 7-5 7-6 6-2.
  • Retained my over 45s doubles title at Bexleyheath Tennis Club this morning. 7-6(3), 6-1. Now for the Valley!

Over 60s final tomorrow, weather permitting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/articles/cpvyed0zrgpo

Mika Stojsavljevic became the first Briton in 15 years to win the US Open girls' title as she beat Wakana Sonobe in New York.
    The 15-year-old cruised to a 6-4 6-4 victory over Japan's Sonobe.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/articles/cpvyed0zrgpo

Mika Stojsavljevic became the first Briton in 15 years to win the US Open girls' title as she beat Wakana Sonobe in New York.

Lining up my best Al Murray
    imprrssion, Lovely British sounding name that.
  • Jack Draper would find life on the court much more comfortable if he were to find a few shirts that fit properly .. I guess he has a Nike deal which specifies  when and what outfits he wears irrespective of how comfy they are
  • Jack Draper would find life on the court much more comfortable if he were to find a few shirts that fit properly .. I guess he has a Nike deal which specifies  when and what outfits he wears irrespective of how comfy they are
    Players look so much better when they wear whites at Wimbledon. 
  • edited September 8
    JohnBoyUK said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/articles/cpvyed0zrgpo

Lining up my best Al Murray
    imprrssion, Lovely British sounding name that.
    Another Brit Mingge Xu( interesting name) made the girls SF. Charlue Robertson made the boys SF.
    I've never seen anyone sweat so much. I know he has had problems with heat/humidity before, but not sure why some people sweat so much, much more than others. But it is a problem for him because it was causing a problem holding the racquet firmly. Also, he needs to get fluids back in else he'll get dehydrated but is a problem if he just vomits it back up. Hopefully he'll be able to work with his team and medics to minimise the impact of this scenario
    It's possible but I find it hard to believe that they specify he has to wear shirts that are too big for him.
  • edited September 8
    Jan Choinski wins Challenger event in Tulln. Up to 176 in world rankings ahead of Dan Evans.

Only Draper and Norrie in the top 100.
  • Is it fair to say Draper ran Sinner closer than Fritz?
    Drug taking allegations ? .. 'Oh Sinner Man where you gonna run to' ? .. Nina Simone .. 
  • Sponsored links:

Sinner is the best of the new wave after years  of domination by the 3 musketeers plus D'Artagnan Murray .. a t m he stands out head and shoulders over the rest i m o .. still only 23 years old
    Sinner is the best of the new wave after years  of domination by the 3 musketeers plus D'Artagnan Murray .. a t m he stands out head and shoulders over the rest i m o .. still only 23 years old
    I think Carlos Alcaraz might want a word
  • Bonkers scheduling so soon after the US open, but the Davis Cup starts in a couple of days.

Quite a new looking squad, with Draper, Evans and Skupski joined by Billy Harris and Henry Patten

https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/davis-cup/news/2024-billy-harris-and-henry-patten-join-lexus-gb-team-in-manchester/
    I think Carlos Alcaraz might want a word
    when he gets himself back in gear 
    Drug taking allegations ? .. 'Oh Sinner Man where you gonna run to' ? .. Nina Simone .. 
    Jannik Sinner: Does doping case leave cloud hanging over US Open victory? - BBC Sport
    Jannik Sinner: Does doping case leave cloud hanging over US Open victory? - BBC Sport
    He got cleared a lot quicker than most players - galling for some of them.
  • Anyone watching the Davis Cup? Thought it supposed to be iPlayer but I can't find it. 

Dan Evans currently playing - I can find the match stats on a Davis Cup site but not the feckin score!
  • Maybe the red button? Odd that it wouldn’t be on iPlayer…
  • Anyone watching the Davis Cup? Thought it supposed to be iPlayer but I can't find it. 

Dan Evans currently playing - I can find the match stats on a Davis Cup site but not the feckin score!
    I just searched Davis Cup on i player and it came straight up.
    It's 4-5 to Evans in games and is on live.
  • I'm watching it on Iplayer. Go to Categories on the menu & select sport & should be there.