Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Stockley and Washington up top. Gotta be
  • Options
    I like Nige, hope he turns it round, but if he gets it wrong, this'll be his swan song.

• Options
    I’ve given up predicting, I’m just going to turn up, have a beer, do my bit to add to the noise and deal with it
    This 
  • Options
    MacG
    Matthews Lavelle Pearce Purrington 
    Watson Gilbey 
    Leko Lee CBT
    Davison 
  • Options
    I don’t care how we do it - I just want 3 points from a home game.
  • Options
    CBT very doubtful for tomorrow … do they take another risk ?
    Has CBT been ruled out tonight? Bloody hope not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Can't resist a bit of team selection, well we'll definitely see a few  changes to the side tonight, and think we'll see Stockley and Arter out, Davisson and Clare in.

I'm not the biggest fan of Watson given his geriatric legs but until Arter is up to speed (assuming he isn't fit and not just shit) then it's Watson over Dobson currently, as think we need that bit of experience in there until we're comfortable with a game plan and style, then, we can look to integrate Dobson more going forward.

McGillivray
                        Clare   Watson
                              Gilbey
                   Lee                Washington
                             Davisson

Henderson, Souare, Famewo, Dobson, Morgan, Leko, Stockley.

Leko dropping to the bench for some late game pace, assuming CBT isn't cleared to play.

3-1 win
  • Options
    Any 'leaked' line ups yet?
  • Options
    I think we have a good enough squad, its just not working at present. Not sure when we will kick in, but playing a Bolton team is not going to be the place. We score first half, and concede 2 in the second. 

1-2 Loss 
  • Options
    Charlton nailed on to win as I won’t be watching the stream or going. 

Roll on Fleetwood away 
  • Options
    I see Dean Kiely is the guest on Charlton TV tonight.

It's an omen, I tell you! Last time he was on, we beat Plymouth 6-0.

I'm going for the same scoreline tonight!

• Options
    Would be great if we won and there was a good atmosphere in the ground tonight.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    0-1 with boos at full time with doing Roland do the tunnel jump. 
  • Options
    Can't resist a bit of team selection, well we'll definitely see a few  changes to the side tonight, and think we'll see Stockley and Arter out, Davisson and Clare in.

I'm not the biggest fan of Watson given his geriatric legs but until Arter is up to speed (assuming he isn't fit and not just shit) then it's Watson over Dobson currently, as think we need that bit of experience in there until we're comfortable with a game plan and style, then, we can look to integrate Dobson more going forward.

McGillivray
                        Clare   Watson
                              Gilbey
                             Davisson

Leko dropping to the bench for some late game pace, assuming CBT isn't cleared to play.

3-1 win
    As much as they been excellent in the last two just can’t see Pearce and Watson playing again tonight .. Matthews Famewo Laville Purrington back four 
  • Options

McGillivray
                        Clare   Watson
                              Gilbey
                             Davisson

3-1 win
    As much as they been excellent in the last two just can’t see Pearce and Watson playing again tonight .. Matthews Famewo Laville Purrington back four 
    yeah, wouldn't be surprised if the big boys are tapping watson and pearce up as we speak 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just looked at the "away" table.
    Bolton are top W2 D1 L2  :(
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    With Roland doing the tunnel jump. 
    Now that I would pay to see. Shoes would disintegrate mid-air. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Maybe I didn’t need to, but I didn’t know how else to make the point. “Why does it say 19:45pm?” alone, may have been followed by “because it’s night time” type answers.
    You didn't need to make the point or ask the question at all.
  • Options
    Another draw seems favourite, but I've a feeling we might just nick this one.

Hope we start off 4 4 2
  • Options
    Any 'leaked' line ups yet?
    McGillivray 
    Matthews
    Purrington 
    Famewo 
    Lavelle
    Watson
    Clare
    Lee
    CBT
    Leko
    Davison
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Cafc 2-1 bolton
    3 wins on the trot puts us back in the mix and everyone becomes more positive 
    Brule dr steve brule brules rules GIF - Find on GIFER
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CBT very doubtful for tomorrow … do they take another risk ?
    I really dont see why he is "doubtful". He hasnt had a recent injury & by all accounts we are going by his historical injury record.
    No we're not, we're going by a number of factors that could show up previously unknown tightness in muscles etc. 

Basically the Sports Science team will be testing and monitoring the players regularly. 

One very basic test example might be if they can explode off their toes doing a vertical jump or lift weight in a calf raise... If they cannot consistently meet a base point (height in cm for the jump or consistent clean reps of a weight for the calf raise) it is likely they have an underlying issue which could be either achilles or calf related. 

On occasion it may just be the muscles haven't recovered adequately from a sudden increase in activity.

As Curbs said on Saturday there comes a time where you have to take the risk. CBT is in great form and we're desperate for a win so I think it's a risk worth taking. 
  • Options
    I think we have to win this. A defeat and we could be in a slide that is hard to reverse and save our season. We win and maybe we have more chance of winning on Saturday and then things start looking and feeling better.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Stockley and Washington up top. Gotta be
    Davison not more deserving than Stockley? Good case for Leko up front over Washington too.
    Washington scored 11 last season, Leko scored 0. I’d rather Washington it fit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!