Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    2121 said:
    Cafc 2-1 bolton
    3 wins on the trot puts us back in the mix and everyone becomes more positive 
    We get awarded 3 wins for beating Bolton?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Someone is going to take a right tonking off us at some stage.

Sadly it won’t be Bolton and it won’t be this season.

0-1.
    Yep we going to beat someone 5-2.

And the next game surrender a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes to go - and get beat 3-2.

• Options
    @MartinCAFC opens around 5.30, ticket office gave someone else a call and found out 👌
  • Options
    "DEEEEAAAANNOOO!" Legendary Addicks stopper @deankiely40 will be joining @iamscottminto and Alan Curbishley in the CharltonTV studio tomorrow evening...#cafc http://cafc.co.uk

• Options
    Join @iamscottminto, Curbs and @deankiely40 for all the build-up to this evening's game for FREE with CharltonTV.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    Well atleast we have the anticipation of waiting for the team to be announced ! I would be suprised if anyone could actually correctly name the starting 11 correctly before it is announced. 
    Despite trying to do so until 3 am, the Cowley brothers at Portsmouth said they couldn't guess our lineup either.

If the professionals can't do it, the rest of us have no chance! :smile:

Our squad is causing football scienists / tacticians / experts sleepless nights - never before in the history of football has such a collection been assembled - apparently they are feeding the details to experts in a laboratory at Imperial College to try and make sense of it. They are aware that it has grown out of a 'black box' but how it can be used / controlled / assembled / tamed / ignited and what the long term affect on football and the club is going to be needs to be understood - and quick.  
  • Options
    love deano but can't help feeling he's sullied himself - seeing him hiding in the dugout at palace last night (on TV!!!!) ,out of the way of the camera, was sad to see - he's better than that and he knows it 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Stockley hasn't done anything to deserve a starting place, for me. I do understand the argument that we don't play to his strengths, but that's essentially hoofing it up to him so he can nod it to a partner, and I don't want to watch that.
    Although perhaps you could equally argue that Stockley deserves better service and support from a better shape and gameplan?
    One where we can hoof it to him and he has support around him, you mean? He doesn't seem to want the ball to his feet. At least I don't see him make the kind of movement that suggests he does.
  • Options
    I hope for a positive performance. Me expectations are at odds with my hopes. Still going to predict a win though although I am not confident. 2-1. Leko and Gilbey. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    I hope for a positive performance. Me expectations are at odds with my hopes. Still going to predict a win though although I am not confident. 2-1. Leko and Gilbey. 
    Gilbey's not starting. Still working his way back to fitness.
  • Options
    Tonight will be the start of the Gunter redemption arc. 

4-0 to the mighty Addicks.
  • Options
    1-3 😔
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Stockley hasn't done anything to deserve a starting place, for me. I do understand the argument that we don't play to his strengths, but that's essentially hoofing it up to him so he can nod it to a partner, and I don't want to watch that.
    Although perhaps you could equally argue that Stockley deserves better service and support from a better shape and gameplan?
    One where we can hoof it to him and he has support around him, you mean? He doesn't seem to want the ball to his feet. At least I don't see him make the kind of movement that suggests he does.
    The problem isn't really Stockley per se ..... it's the lack of movement, passing and build up; and decent crossing from wide areas into the box - resulting in defenders hoofing the ball vaguely in the direction of an isolated, outnumbered and unhappy Stockley.

If we went to get the best out of Stockley, we need a set up and game plan to support and service him.
    At the very least he needs to play with another striker alongside.

• Options
    Tonight will be the start of the Gunter redemption arc. 

4-0 to the mighty Addicks.
    Hmmmmm .........

1-3 😔

I reckon it'll be a scoreline somewhere inbetween.

• Options
    terrific preview .. Bolton are inconsistent, recent goalless losses to Rotherham and Sunderland, two of the better L1 teams so far follow a hammering 5-2 of Ipswich at Portman Road and a 0-0 at Burton. If we approach this game playing from the start as we did in the 2nd half v Pompey we will be in with a right good chance. And that is the key, a good old 4 4 2 line up playing positive and confident football from the start to the finish .. come on you Addicksssaaaaa  .. we need the points and Bolton on paper are on a par with us, we need to start birdying our pars and win this type of game.. excuse the golfing terms, too much of a Ryder cup hangover
  • Options
    terrific preview .. Bolton are inconsistent, recent goalless losses to Rotherham and Sunderland, two of the better L1 teams so far follow a hammering 5-2 of Ipswich at Portman Road and a 0-0 at Burton. If we approach this game playing from the start as we did in the 2nd half v Pompey we will be in with a right good chance. And that is the key, a good old 4 4 2 line up playing positive and confident football from the start to the finish .. come on you Addicksssaaaaa  .. we need the points and Bolton on paper are on a par with us, we need to start birdying our pars and win this type of game.. excuse the golfing terms, too much of a Ryder cup hangover
    Never seen "goalless losses!" 

Might still be worth the ticket later then :-)
  • Options
    Haven't got a clue whose playing, haven't got a clue about the score. However, 3-0 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    Getting public transport to the game due to lack of petrol. Hope its worth it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I able to watch tonight’s match on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    In 2015/2016 Sheff Utd finished 11th in L1, 8 pts off the play offs, their lowest position since 83. Under Adkins the crowd just became lost in apathy. 
    Bolton are going to be up there, a good side with a good manager. Think we will sneak a draw to keep everything just as it is, 1-1.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Never seen "goalless losses!" 

Might still be worth the ticket later then :-)
    really ? .. a goalless loss is when a team loses without scoring .. you've learnt something today  :)
  • Options
    In 2015/2016 Sheff Utd finished 11th in L1, 8 pts off the play offs, their lowest position since 83. Under Adkins the crowd just became lost in apathy. 
    Bolton are going to be up there, a good side with a good manager. Think we will sneak a draw to keep everything just as it is, 1-1.
    Apathy would be a major step forward from crowd hatred and derision!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Yes it is on sale at Charlton TV for £10 for viewing in UK& Ireland.
  • Options
    I just looked at the "away" table.
    Bolton are top W2 D1 L2  :(

Doesn't inspire confidence for tonight, cross everything. 
  • Options
    The team line up will be announced soon.

I'll put a Match Thread up.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    The problem isn't really Stockley per se ..... it's the lack of movement, passing and build up; and decent crossing from wide areas into the box - resulting in defenders hoofing the ball vaguely in the direction of an isolated, outnumbered and unhappy Stockley.

If we went to get the best out of Stockley, we need a set up and game plan to support and service him.

Who played with him at Plymouth etc last season?    IMO a lot of our problems are a direct result of not having JFC, Millar and Gilbey.  At both ends of the pitch. 

Hopefully CBT and the returning Gilbey address two of those.   Still a massive JFC shaped hole though. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

Who played with him at Plymouth etc last season?    IMO a lot of our problems are a direct result of not having JFC, Millar and Gilbey.  At both ends of the pitch. 

Hopefully CBT and the returning Gilbey address two of those.   Still a massive JFC shaped hole though. 
    No Shinnie either. He knew how to pick out Stockley. He assisted several of Stockley's goals

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Yep.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!