Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021 | Match Preview

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Stockley hasn't done anything to deserve a starting place, for me. I do understand the argument that we don't play to his strengths, but that's essentially hoofing it up to him so he can nod it to a partner, and I don't want to watch that.
    Although perhaps you could equally argue that Stockley deserves better service and support from a better shape and gameplan?
    One where we can hoof it to him and he has support around him, you mean? He doesn't seem to want the ball to his feet. At least I don't see him make the kind of movement that suggests he does.
    The problem isn't really Stockley per se ..... it's the lack of movement, passing and build up; and decent crossing from wide areas into the box - resulting in defenders hoofing the ball vaguely in the direction of an isolated, outnumbered and unhappy Stockley.

If we went to get the best out of Stockley, we need a set up and game plan to support and service him.
    At the very least he needs to play with another striker alongside.

Who played with him at Plymouth etc last season?    IMO a lot of our problems are a direct result of not having JFC, Millar and Gilbey.  At both ends of the pitch. 

Hopefully CBT and the returning Gilbey address two of those.   Still a massive JFC shaped hole though. 
    No Shinnie either. He knew how to pick out Stockley. He assisted several of Stockley's goals

But didn't play for Adkins the other 3 certainly did. 
  • Options
    Any 'leaked' line ups yet?
    McGillivray 
    Matthews
    Purrington 
    Famewo 
    Lavelle
    Watson
    Clare
    Lee
    CBT
    Leko
    Davison
    Leaked again from the squad. Something seems off at the moment. 
  • Options
    Very pleased with the line up!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    TEL said:
    Do I set the alarm for 4.10am? 
    Tel, is the sky blue, is the sea wet are we Charlton til we die? It’s what we do, over land, sea and Oz! 😉
    I'm up.. urgggh 
  • Options
    We are absolutely going to win tonight. 
    I'm confident.
    1-0 or 2-1

• Options
    We are absolutely going to win tonight. 
    I'm confident.
    1-0 or 2-1

Mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Right, i've had a poxy day,i've battled through the rush hour traffic and the petrol station lemmings and i've just parked near The Valley. Do not let me down Charlton, you fuckers.
    Charlton......you absolute fuckers,helped round off a shit day perfectly. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!