Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

Comments

• Options
    GB News Stalwart?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the bloke in the middle has a podcast?
  • Options
    GB News Stalwart?
    Nigel Farrage will be next week's presenter  ;)
  • Options
    Thomas lookalike presenting, even down to the choice of clothes 
  • Options
    Anyones stream not up and running?
  • Options
    The stream today seemed small for me. Anyone else notice that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:
    It was like watching a game as an away fan at St James's Park.
    They either zoomed in ridiculously close or were as far away as they could possibly be.
    Yeah, a bit weird how they kept doing that. At least they weren’t showing a pointless replay while the game was going on, so that’s a positive. 😎
  • Options
    Rob said:
    It was like watching a game as an away fan at St James's Park.
    They either zoomed in ridiculously close or were as far away as they could possibly be.
    Yeah, a bit weird how they kept doing that. At least they weren’t showing a pointless replay while the game was going on, so that’s a positive. 😎
    There were a couple of occasions where they showed the fans, and then Derby bench whilst the ball was in play, and in dangerous areas though - Took a leaf out of the F1 book, when it comes to TV Direction!!
  • Options
    I wasn't sure whether to subscribe to the regular Charlton TV package or not, but it's worth it just to be able to catch up with the matchday productions when I miss it due to being at games. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I wasn't sure whether to subscribe to the regular Charlton TV package or not, but it's worth it just to be able to catch up with the matchday productions when I miss it due to being at games. 
    Unless you're referring to something else... The pre-match CharltonTV production is always available to view on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-pbTI7QK4
  • Options
    Unless you're referring to something else... The pre-match CharltonTV production is always available to view on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-pbTI7QK4
    That is, but not the HT or post match analysis. For example, I hadn't realised how good Kirk's pass was for the goal until I heard Curbs talking about it
  • Options
    Decent response from Mr Wozere. The contrast thing when half the pitch is shaded and half in bright sun causes grief for the highest-tech coverage so the cameras and equipment used  by Charlton TV and single cameras from the EFL will always struggle. 
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    The coverage of the game itself has been absolutely abysmal today

❌ Main camera placed a third into a half instead of halfway
    ❌ Couldn't see half the game as the camera was zoomed too far out
    ❌ No closeups of the penalty boxes for corners / action

If it wasn't for the excellent commentary from I wouldn't have understood what was going on as it was so zoomed out

It's a backwards step

Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Thanks for the feedback, Will, and apologies. Some background on the issues on Saturday: 

The main camera feed is taken from the EFL's production, while the other supporting angles are CharltonTV's. When it became apparent that the EFL's cameraman was struggling, the decision was made to cut to the CharltonTV camera on the main gantry which is usually the one used for close-ups etc... 
    The knock-on effect of that was that the main feed was then not coming from the halfway line, but a third into the half, as you mentioned, and also meant that we lost the close-ups as a result. 

So it was a frustrating situation all round, but a compromise that had to be made. The issues have been reported back to the EFL and their production company, so it should, hopefully, be avoided in future and go back to the coverage that we expect to produce from game-to-game at The Valley. 

So we cant blame TS, a UOG student, a cost cutting exercise or some other inhouse mis-management. How disappointing !!  :D

Seriously though nice to see a simple explanation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcwill said:

If it wasn't for the excellent commentary from I wouldn't have understood what was going on as it was so zoomed out

It's a backwards step

Thanks for the feedback, Will, and apologies. Some background on the issues on Saturday: 

The main camera feed is taken from the EFL's production, while the other supporting angles are CharltonTV's. When it became apparent that the EFL's cameraman was struggling, the decision was made to cut to the CharltonTV camera on the main gantry which is usually the one used for close-ups etc... 
    The knock-on effect of that was that the main feed was then not coming from the halfway line, but a third into the half, as you mentioned, and also meant that we lost the close-ups as a result. 

So it was a frustrating situation all round, but a compromise that had to be made. The issues have been reported back to the EFL and their production company, so it should, hopefully, be avoided in future and go back to the coverage that we expect to produce from game-to-game at The Valley. 

Thanks for Responding.  I appreciate it.  I expected it to be something like this but thank you for confirming

Looking forward to things going back to normal

Cheers
  • Options
    I love Charlton TV but what the hell was goin on Saturday ?

I had to laugh on a Derby forum when someone wrote

"it's great that Charlton are an inclusive family orientated club... they have even let an 8 year supporter man the camera for the day" lol

I have never found a reason to be critical before but jesus whoever was on the camera needs relieving of their duties 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I love Charlton TV but what the hell was goin on Saturday ?

I had to laugh on a Derby forum when someone wrote

"it's great that Charlton are an inclusive family orientated club... they have even let an 8 year supporter man the camera for the day" lol

I have never found a reason to be critical before but jesus whoever was on the camera needs relieving of their duties 
    Have you read this page?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    cafcwill said:

It's a backwards step

Thanks Olly! The context is much appreciated. Hope the cameraman was alright and nothing serious happened.
  • Options
    clive said:

This is ridiculous. While I am in London and able to go tonight, were I in Portugal I would not be able to watch it despite there being no coverage at all of any tie on the new Carabao Cup rights holders, Sport TV. 
  • Options
    clive said:

This is ridiculous. While I am in London and able to go tonight, were I in Portugal I would not be able to watch it despite there being no coverage at all of any tie on the new Carabao Cup rights holders, Sport TV. 
    There will be dodgy feeds available, as the game is shown on BeinSport.
  • Options
    May biggest issue with Saturday Charlton TV was the host, I didn't think he was very good.. Looked like he had an heavy night.. Often not on Cue.. Then leaning across the other presenter.. Certainly not as professional as Scott Minto! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I watched the 9 minutes highlights on our website…..the crowd noise was often drowning out the commentary, to the point that I was struggling to decipher what was being said.
    Sound levels need adjustment I think.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May biggest issue with Saturday Charlton TV was the host, I didn't think he was very good.. Looked like he had an heavy night.. Often not on Cue.. Then leaning across the other presenter.. Certainly not as professional as Scott Minto! 
    I agree.
    I prefer Charlotte when Scott isn’t available.