Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

Comments

• Options
    I assume everybody works for nothing, so is it right to mention anything that goes wrong?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I assume everybody works for nothing, so is it right to mention anything that goes wrong?

Absolutely, if you've paid a tenner to watch it.
    And I dont think they do it for nothing anyway.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    That's an odd assumption. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    clive said:

This is ridiculous. While I am in London and able to go tonight, were I in Portugal I would not be able to watch it despite there being no coverage at all of any tie on the new Carabao Cup rights holders, Sport TV. 
    There will be dodgy feeds available, as the game is shown on BeinSport.
    Whilst I appreciate the heads up, that shouldn't be necessary when the local broadcaster has no conflict of interest. The EFL should negotiate a better deal for the fans. 
  • Options
    You're also being shown on....

• Options
    I can imagine all those football fans in Jakarta, staying up until the middle of the night to see Alex Gilbey play
  • Options
    I'm relying on one of them pointing his phone at the screen for duration. 
  • Options
    I can imagine all those football fans in Jakarta, staying up until the middle of the night to see Alex Gilbey play
    I know one or two who will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    That's an odd assumption. 
    No way they do it for nothing, I’d go at least £500 a game 
  • Options
    Ooh, bonus - didn't know this was on DAZN. I shall be watching then
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May biggest issue with Saturday Charlton TV was the host, I didn't think he was very good.. Looked like he had an heavy night.. Often not on Cue.. Then leaning across the other presenter.. Certainly not as professional as Scott Minto! 
    I laughed out loud when the geezer was just staring into space and then Ali Maxwell nudged him and said “your on”
    Another vote for Charlotte here. Aidan, taking a break from doing the sports reports on GB News, was bearable for a one off but it did make me realise how good Minto is.
  • Options
    If anyone wants a potential stream for tonight... the game is listed below

https://www.viprow.nu/sports-football-online
    http://www.hesgoal.com/news/109700/Charlton_Athletic_vs_QPR.html

No guarantees that either will work, but its an option, just make sure you're using an Ad Blocker
  • Options
    Have I missed something over the summer regarding the live service for overseas?

I used to use the Valley Pass app and cast to a telly. Now the app seems not to stream live despite my having paid the £220. I downloaded the 'official' CAFC app but when I tried logging in it said, "invitation only".

Waagwaan?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Have I missed something over the summer regarding the live service for overseas?

I used to use the Valley Pass app and cast to a telly. Now the app seems not to stream live despite my having paid the £220. I downloaded the 'official' CAFC app but when I tried logging in it said, "invitation only".

Waagwaan?
    The old app is attached to the old website feed. They’ve built a new website and a new “Charlton TV” app is in the works. 

Until then the old app is useless for streaming the games. At least that’s my understanding.
  • Options
    Good news, Charlotte is back Tuesday 😁
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Waagwaan?
    You can only stream off the website at the moment as far as I know.
  • Options
    Yes, and the website doesn't seem to Chromecast (which didn't work when using a VPN connection anyway)
  • Options
    I lived in Jakarta from 1992-95. If I didn’t speak to my Dad on the phone I often didn’t know Saturday’s result until the Sunday Times was delivered to the local store the following Tuesday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, and the website doesn't seem to Chromecast (which didn't work when using a VPN connection anyway)
    Similar problem with Apple. I could send it to my Apple TV which worked well, but from the website all I can do is mirror the screen which doesn’t look as good. Be glad when the app is ready. 
  • Options

I can Chromecast from my android phone to the TV on the new website using Microsoft Edge browser. Doesn't work using Opera / VPN as you say though.
  • Options
    Just cast your phone / tablet screen to the TV, at least when you dont have to use a VPN, and then full screen the game - Only annoying thing is you cant browse your phone, and have to be careful that a wife / partner doesnt see a random text notification appearing that she shouldn't be aware of.
  • Options
    Will have a play with this on Saturday!
  • Options
    Isn't it only Smartphones that can Chromecast?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Isn't it only Smartphones that can Chromecast?
    Nope... tablets, even your laptop / pc can as well

If your using Chrome on a Computer click the three dots in the top right corner (below the X button) - Seventh option from the bottom, allows you to cast your Internet screen to the TV too
  • Options
    The issue with Chromecast is that it won't work with VPNs (as mentioned above). This is because the content isn't actually cast from your phone to your TV. When you Chromecast something it just lets the device you're casting to know the locations of the video and the credentials to access it. If you're going via a VPN then the Chromecast device (TV, stick, etc.) would also need to be connected to the same VPN for it to access the video.

As mentioned above, the simpler solution is probably just to share you screen (on Android it's called "Smart View". Most modern smart TVs work with that (my LG does, as does my BIL's Samsung). You can fiddle with the settings to get the picture full screen, just a pain because you can't then do anything else with your phone during the match and alerts/notifications will appear on the TV.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The issue with Chromecast is that it won't work with VPNs (as mentioned above). This is because the content isn't actually cast from your phone to your TV. When you Chromecast something it just lets the device you're casting to know the locations of the video and the credentials to access it. If you're going via a VPN then the Chromecast device (TV, stick, etc.) would also need to be connected to the same VPN for it to access the video.

As mentioned above, the simpler solution is probably just to share you screen (on Android it's called "Smart View". Most modern smart TVs work with that (my LG does, as does my BIL's Samsung). You can fiddle with the settings to get the picture full screen, just a pain because you can't then do anything else with your phone during the match and alerts/notifications will appear on the TV.
    In Chrome you can cast the webpage to your TV from a PC or laptop, that should work. 
  • Options
    mirroring from my iPhone to my LG TV - brill!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Similar problem with Apple. I could send it to my Apple TV which worked well, but from the website all I can do is mirror the screen which doesn’t look as good. Be glad when the app is ready. 
    I only noticed yesterday that from my iPad I can only mirror to my AppleTV, but from my iPhone I can stream it. Much better picture and less choppy!