Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What triggers your inner OCD?

You can tell it’s intl week, and I created this discussion not to trivialize the topic, but I was just thinking what little things really get you when it comes to disturbing your equilibrium?

For example, I can’t have unclean kitchen surfaces or pools of water.  I can see my missus making a cup of coffee, and it’s spilling all over the side and I’m like aaaaah.  They have to be wiped down and dry.  To be fair, hers is when I leave the dishes all stacked up on the sink and never put them away, and many others I’m sure. 

Another one that gets me is any sort of stain I get on my clothes if I’m out and I get a splatter of food after eating.  My mind is really thrown if that happens.  

I’m just curious to know what other things get under your skins.  Are you someone that can’t have a book out of place on a book shelf, do your keys have to be in a certain place etc?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    The thread on electrical socket and lights switch screws all have to be horizontal. Other than that....nothing.
  • Options
    People who don't put their shopping trollies back in the correct place and leave it for others to do. Also if they do manage to get as far as the trolley bay, they just leave the trolley without slotting it into the others, resulting a tangled mess.

If I see small trollies jammed into bigger ones and vice versa, I feel the need to tidy them up. 
  • Options
    Same for me.

Clean worktops - with a clean dishcloth, followed by antibacterial wipes. All dirty plates and cups in dishwasher.

Clean windows and no smear marks - house, cars and even workshop windows.

Nicely stacked firewood.

Only use wetwipes, no toilet paper. 

Can't beat opening the dishwasher and getting out a sparkling pint glass for a glass of water
  • Options
    .....sorry, forgot car parks and people who don't park square in the boxes. Seems to be a cultural thing in France, to not obey the arrows in car parks and park wonky.
  • Options
    Glasses and mugs - they have to be facing upside down, but wine glasses (or ones with stems) have to be upright in the cupboard.  Mrs Otto does all of them facing upright just to piss me off. 

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Gribbo said:
    Same for me.

Clean worktops - with a clean dishcloth, followed by antibacterial wipes. All dirty plates and cups in dishwasher.

Clean windows and no smear marks - house, cars and even workshop windows.

Nicely stacked firewood.

Only use wetwipes, no toilet paper. 

Can't beat opening the dishwasher and getting out a sparkling pint glass for a glass of water

How are your drains?
    Septic tanks fine thanks mate.

The wipes get bagged up in small paper bags and either put on log burner I the winter, or in the bin in the summer
  • Options
    Files on my computer in a logical hierarchy of folders.
    Nothing is left in the sink or on the draining board when I go to bed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    People who don't put their shopping trollies back in the correct place and leave it for others to do. Also if they do manage to get as far as the trolley bay, they just leave the trolley without slotting it into the others, resulting a tangled mess.

If I see small trollies jammed into bigger ones and vice versa, I feel the need to tidy them up. 

My wife has this pet hate as well. I have spent time sitting in the car at Tesco’s while she sorts out the trolley’s left to the mercy of the supermarket car park.

• Options
    The thread on electrical socket and lights switch screws all have to be horizontal. Other than that....nothing.
    HORIZONTAL!!!!

I have been in the electrical game all my working life and never, never have I met a sparkie who would tighten his screws and leave them horizontal including myself.

Slots in screws must, and have to be vertical.
  • Options
    When I was at college, we were taught to leave the slots going same way as grain in the timber.  If I'm using slot headed screws, I always have the slots going the same way
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    When I was at college, we were taught to leave the slots going same way as grain in the timber.  If I'm using slot headed screws, I always have the slots going the same way
    "Grain in the timber", what course were you on, how to build a log cabin?  ;)

No timber in sight nowadays, by the time the second fix takes place and screw direction is being considered its all painted walls.  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

No timber in sight nowadays, by the time the second fix takes place and screw direction is being considered its all painted walls.  
    Close, it was traditional boatbuilding college at Oulton Broad
  • Options
    Get very annoyed if I get a wonky stripe mowing the lawn 
  • Options
    HORIZONTAL!!!!

I have been in the electrical game all my working life and never, never have I met a sparkie who would tighten his screws and leave them horizontal including myself.

Slots in screws must, and have to be vertical.
    That probably explains why in every house I've lived at I've had to walk round and slightly adjust all the screws...
  • Options
    I don't like touching things that hundreds of people have touched without washing my hands after. Like the handle on a public toilet door or the rail on the train. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @DamoNorthStand are you sure you're not my Mum? The number of lectures I used to get as a kid about leaving greasy fingerprints on the cupboard doors...
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Close, it was traditional boatbuilding college at Oulton Broad
    My daddy was a boatbuilder, but he never hurt nobody.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Alright Mike! You’ve put a couple of shelves up around Paulies house now you’ve turned in to Bob the Builder.  ;)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @DamoNorthStand are you sure you're not my Mum? The number of lectures I used to get as a kid about leaving greasy fingerprints on the cupboard doors...
    Stop talking back to me @aliwibble or the Wifi is going off.
  • Options
    The upper cutlery tray in my dishwasher. I can’t stand it when the utensils are not grouped correctly. There 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Toilet roll needs to hang this way.

No! That picture has actually annoyed me. So much so that I am going to have to break in to your house later on and put the rollthe other way round.
    Sorry, we have this issue in our house and I think you are wrong. The way shown in the photo is correct because the pattern on the roll is visible. However, Mrs Plumb agrees with you…….
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Alright Mike! You’ve put a couple of shelves up around Paulies house now you’ve turned in to Bob the Builder.  ;)
    Yes and feel free to go and check which way the slots in the screws are facing  B)
  • Options
    I don't think I have any at all and am now worried that that is, in itself, a problem.  😂
  • Options
    I don't think I have any at all and am now worried that that is, in itself, a problem.  😂
    freak

;)