Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What triggers your inner OCD?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I have any at all and am now worried that that is, in itself, a problem.  😂
    Yeah I have absolutely nothing I’d class as (fake) OCD. I’ve definitely improved at not letting myself take shortcuts and leaving stuff to do later or whatever. OCD is generally illogical stuff really! 
  • Options
    A list has to be alphabetical, at work where drop-down selections are in our ticketing system if I spot they are not alphabetical I have to sort it. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I don't think I have any at all and am now worried that that is, in itself, a problem.  😂
    Yeah I have absolutely nothing I’d class as (fake) OCD. I’ve definitely improved at not letting myself take shortcuts and leaving stuff to do later or whatever. OCD is generally illogical stuff really! 
    For my part and my list - I don't genuinely think that I have OCD.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    TV volume must be an even number. 
    Any volume must be even for me. Car radios etc... 
  • Options
    I hate wearing a shirt if it's not ironed properly.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    100% this, same as heater controls etc, cant have anything on an odd number.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Anxiety or stress hits a particular level and it starts to cause unwelcome intrusive thoughts. During the dark days of 2020 I was driving to work visualising mothers walking along the pavement throwing their children in front of the car. I was constantly vividly imagining horrific accidents. I would be in an online meeting and feel I was going to say something like "oh fuck off and eat shit" or "can I see your tits?" to a commissioner.  Exhausting even though I knew none of these things were going to happen...

You know"earworms"? Sometimes I have an almost irresistible urge to sing them out loud over and over. If I don't I feel really uncomfortable. My partner understands but it still winds her up.

BTW it's fine to laugh, I think it is funny myself...just not always!
  • Options
    Anxiety or stress hits a particular level and it starts to cause unwelcome intrusive thoughts. During the dark days of 2020 I was driving to work visualising mothers walking along the pavement throwing their children in front of the car. I was constantly vividly imagining horrific accidents. I would be in an online meeting and feel I was going to say something like "oh fuck off and eat shit" or "can I see your tits?" to a commissioner.  Exhausting even though I knew none of these things were going to happen...
    I remember there used to be a woman in Lewisham shopping centre who must have had tourette's and she used to make outrageous comments about people - it was generally what most people were thinking but didn't dare say. Highly amusing at times...
  • Options
    I remember there used to be a woman in Lewisham shopping centre who must have had tourette's and she used to make outrageous comments about people - it was generally what most people were thinking but didn't dare say. Highly amusing at times...
    God yes thank God it isn't tourettes...I just imagine it. Everyone does it to some extent. It's the "push someone off the train platform" thing X 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God yes thank God it isn't tourettes...I just imagine it. Everyone does it to some extent. It's the "push someone off the train platform" thing X 10.
    Anxiety and stress are awful things - really destroy your ability to concentrate.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah even numbers for me, beers have to be served in there branded glass - and nothing else hate the smooth pint glasses you get in many london pubs. 
  • Options
    Yeah even numbers for me, beers have to be served in there branded glass - and nothing else hate the smooth pint glasses you get in many london pubs. 
    Did you kick off in the Kingsbury Spoons a couple of years ago because your Fosters was poured into a Kronenberg glass? 
    Bizarre scenes that day.  ;)

• Options
    I have too many to mention, most are rational in my eyes and the moment you tell someone if they clean a tea spoon on a tea towel without washing it, I will visualise their death in increasingly creative ways it gives them ammo to do whatever it is that hits my buttons to get a reaction. 

A lot of stuff I do I get falsely accused of having OCD. My work van is spotless, I mean immaculate and a lot of my colleagues find that amusing as its a work van but to me its a workspace and I don't want to work in a shit space if it can be avoided. Same with my worksites, they will be well managed, clean of clutter, mess and trip hazards. Take a small amount of time to get your worksite tidy and it pays off rather than create a mess and spend ages cleaning it up (or not in the case of some of my less fastidious comrades). 

My desk space is also wiped down, keyboard, mouse and all flat surfaces which also amuses people and I did this for years before covid. I get my paws dirty working and I will always use the dry wipes onsite and clean them with soap and water as soon as its available but I still believe in a clean workspace. 

My sister in law thought it would be funny to leave hand marks and face prints on my car windows "as it drives uncle Carter up the wall" after they had finished eating hotdogs and ice cream down leysdown, they thought that was hilarious until I told her not to make my car as much of a shitheap as her house, which upset her but made pretty much everyone else in the family pat me on the back.  

Car must always be reversed into a parking space unless doing the food shop to enable easy access to the boot and then car must be parked in the furthest, most empty area of the car park 

No cups, plates, knives or forks to be left out on the worktop overnight. 

• Options
    Can't think of one, but there's must be a solution to this one...
  • Options
    Learn how to iron a shirt.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    iaitch said:
    Thanks 👍👍
    "For those who say there are no easy answers, well, you're just not looking hard enough"
  • Options
    Did you kick off in the Kingsbury Spoons a couple of years ago because your Fosters was poured into a Kronenberg glass? 
    Bizarre scenes that day.  ;)

I was having a panic attack in the oak when a bloke got a Guinness in a coke glass a few years back 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everything has to be even - so I only allow my inner and outer OCD to be triggered. 
  • Options
    What pisses me off is that I always seem to notice those few seconds where the two digital clocks on the ovens in the kitchen are out of alignment. 
  • Options
    Actually, notifications on smart phone.  Can’t have them sitting there, as a number piling up.  

Same for LinkedIn Sales Navigator.  If any of you use it, you’ll know that it tends to notify you in bulk during various periods of the day.  Which means on your normal LinkedIn Profile Page, you’ll see 99+ in the top right hand corner.  That really sends me into a spin.  Worst still is about 5pm when new updates keep coming through, and I have to do them every minute or so because I can’t have 1,2,3 etc sitting in that top right hand corner 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    100% this, same as heater controls etc, cant have anything on an odd number.
    Getting anxious now, this is just about to go to page 3
    Had to give you a "lol" for this as I noticed you had five. Let's hope my lol is your last one.
  • Options
    My wife - she has to leave a sock on the washing line, a cupboard door open, a potato on the cooking tray, a bottle not put in recycling. You name it, there always has to be one thing left behind. Perhaps that's her OCD which is fighting against my OCD!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Actually, notifications on smart phone.  Can’t have them sitting there, as a number piling up.  

Same for LinkedIn Sales Navigator.  If any of you use it, you’ll know that it tends to notify you in bulk during various periods of the day.  Which means on your normal LinkedIn Profile Page, you’ll see 99+ in the top right hand corner.  That really sends me into a spin.  Worst still is about 5pm when new updates keep coming through, and I have to do them every minute or so because I can’t have 1,2,3 etc sitting in that top right hand corner 
    Same here, I hate having outstanding notifications. 

Winds me up when I'm on the missus phone and she had 4000 unread emails. Or 25 tabs open on her Google chrome. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Same here, I hate having outstanding notifications. 

Winds me up when I'm on the missus phone and she had 4000 unread emails. Or 25 tabs open on her Google chrome. 
    Turn off the notifications, that solves the problem!

• Options
    iaitch said:
    I can iron - it's just those times when you have to do it quickly and I can't get it just right.
  • Options
    They used to use them glasses up O'Neal up Blackheath, one of the reasons I never really liked the place
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    They used to use them glasses up O'Neal up Blackheath, one of the reasons I never really liked the place
    As well as being full of wannabee hipsters with unfeasibly silly beards and serving food on roofing slates.