Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What triggers your inner OCD?

Comments

• Options
    Lots

I can't have the volume control for the tv or hifi on an uneven number

If I put the kettle on I have to be back next to it before it boils otherwise something bad will happen.

Absolutely will not walk under a ladder under any circumstance....being a home renovator this is a real issues at times.

When Ive done a clothes wash my underpants have to be stacked in the order they come out of the washing basket and placed beneath any clean pants already in the cupboard.......yeah its a weird one.

My Mrs always leaves the toilet roll core on the toilet when its used up...this really pisses me off.

She always leaves her clothes inside out when she gets changed....if Im in the room, I have to correct this.....Ive learned not to be n the room :), however if Im emptying the dryer I again have to turn them the right way out.

That will do for now, there are others :)
  • Options
    I reckon The Manfreds used to live there.

Nah that was 54321...

I'd have to put those bins in order...
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Lots

If I put the kettle on I have to be back next to it before it boils otherwise something bad will happen.

Absolutely will not walk under a ladder under any circumstance....being a home renovator this is a real issues at times.

When Ive done a clothes wash my underpants have to be stacked in the order they come out of the washing basket and placed beneath any clean pants already in the cupboard.......yeah its a weird one.

My Mrs always leaves the toilet roll core on the toilet when its used up...this really pisses me off.

She always leaves her clothes inside out when she gets changed....if Im in the room, I have to correct this.....Ive learned not to be n the room :), however if Im emptying the dryer I again have to turn them the right way out.

It is nothing of the sort. Been doing it for years.

• Options
    Companies with sign written vehicles that are London based that have the phone number written incorrectly as 0208, 0203, 0207 etc when the code for London is 020. Puts me off using them if they can’t manage to get
    the little details right. 
  • Options
    I saw this abomination next to the Olde Black Horse in Sidcup this morning. I might nip back in the middle of the night and put the bins in number order. 
    Is the gents pisser the other side of that wall by any chance?
  • Options
    Never suffered from OCD but every time I walk past this work hole cover I wonder how much it must irritate those that do.

• Options
    I am a bloody nightmare with keeping the house clean and tidy….

Handprints on the bi fold doors wind me up 
    Gloss black doors on cupboards. Get a scratch on one of them and I will order a new door.
    I go through mr muscle glass cleaner like nothing else
    Cant go out without the beds being made 
    All cushions puffed back up on the sofa at the end of every day 

And then my car.

Any marks or dirt on the alloys and I am out with a bucket of hot water and scrubbing away at all hours.
    Hoover it out every couple of days.
    When I park on the drive it has to be parked in exactly the right place and angle. If the missus drives it on all skew-whiff I need to move it back.

And like other posters - got a real thing with germs and cleanliness. Will always touch door handles and the like with my coat sleeve instead of my hand.

Bloody hell - reading that back I have issues! 
    I can only assume that you (and a lot of other posters on this thread) don't have children.

Regarding cushions, if I had it my way I'd burn the bloody lot of them. I get so tired of picking the bastards off the floor that I hide them behind the sofa.

As for making beds - I'd need to whip them to get that done properly. I have to settle for a 'straightening out.'

As for the back of the car..........just don't look back. 

My eldest got a poo stuck on holiday. He tried to sort it out with the brush and then cleaned the brush with his underpants. 
    A few days later the same thing happened again and his tried cleaning the brush in the sink. There was poo all around the sink.

See the kind of thing that I am up against?
    I have 2 kids. A 13 year old who’s bedroom resembles a war zone and a 6 year old who’s favourite hobby is his bogey collection down the back of the sofa 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Never suffered from OCD but every time I walk past this work hole cover I wonder how much it must irritate those that do.

That woulda got a flag in days gone by
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Lots

Basic stock rotation.
  • Options
    I saw this abomination next to the Olde Black Horse in Sidcup this morning. I might nip back in the middle of the night and put the bins in number order. 

The white lines round the square drain aren't even.
    And the round manhole cover needs alignment with the square one.

That whole scenario makes my teeth itch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Double yellows, desperate measures to stop me parking on the "Irving Estate" ;)
  • Options
    Don't know if this really counts, but we had a set of white dishes and plates that had a neat stripe down one side, they drove me nuts as all the stripes had to line up, despite being in the cupboard stacked away most of the time, it got to the point where during the adverts I would go and check they hadn't moved, wife really started thinking I was losing it when I took a hammer to the lot.
    Talking of plates, every time I open the cupboard someone has placed a toothpick on the top of each pile.

I've hidden the toothpicks but I am still finding them.

It's bloody nuts in my house.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Double yellows, desperate measures to stop me parking on the "Irving Estate" ;)
    We have to keep the riff-raff out any way we can!
  • Options
    When 99.9% of a food container or milk/sauce bottle is emptied then put back in the fridge.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Companies with sign written vehicles that are London based that have the phone number written incorrectly as 0208, 0203, 0207 etc when the code for London is 020. Puts me off using them if they can’t manage to get
    the little details right. 
    Did you purposely drop the last 4 words to another line to fuck with us? 
  • Options
    Dirty windows, dirty carpets, clutter and untidiness just stress me.
  • Options
    Electric sockets....can't stand seeing them switched on if nothings plugged in. 
    I’m a sparky and I work with a fella who gets the right hump if you instal a socket and leave it switched on with nothing in, it’s almost like he doesn’t understand that it’s not doing anything. 

Also work with quite a few lads that insist on the screw slot on a socket being perfectly vertically straight. 
  • Options
    I had to take apart a kitchen unit to access a blocked waste pipe yesterday. Upon reinstating it i hung the door perfectly, then looked around at the rest of the kitchen. I then proceeded to take off every single cupboard door and rehang them
  • Options
    People pressing the Doors Open button on the train, it's not going to work until the light comes on, just wait a second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m reading most of these thinking, ‘none of these are OCD, it’s just basic pride & cleanliness’ 🤷‍♀️

Just back from my nephews wedding in the UK. I’ve stayed in their flat many a time & I’m always going in & tidying, hoovering etc. They’re used to me & let me get on with it. On this occasion Hubby was with me. It was his first visit. We were hardly through the door before he was cleaning the kitchen 🤣🤣

Saved me a job.

I always turn the toilet roll the right way, wherever I am (as depicted in the previous photo). We had a cabin on the ferry coming home Thursday. The loo roll was the wrong way. Nearly broke my newly painted nails trying to figure out the device that was holding it. I’m sure folk do it on purpose 😫😫😫🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Electric sockets....can't stand seeing them switched on if nothings plugged in. 
    I’m a sparky and I work with a fella who gets the right hump if you instal a socket and leave it switched on with nothing in, it’s almost like he doesn’t understand that it’s not doing anything. 

Also work with quite a few lads that insist on the screw slot on a socket being perfectly vertically straight. 
    Everyone knows they should be horizontal.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    When 99.9% of a food container or milk/sauce bottle is emptied then put back in the fridge.
    You're lucky that there's still 0.1% left. My wife throws empty boxes in the cupboard! She's obsessed with keeping empty boxes and jars. 

When I do the shopping list I have to waste my time shaking things to check.😕
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I hate wearing a shirt if it's not ironed properly.
    Don't use an iron, me or the wife. Have one somewhere in the cellar that was last used to iron on a CARD protest badge!!!
    Mrs wears a nurses uniform each day (never at night time 😢) 

I've refused to wear a uniform in NHS for 15 years, much to the annoyance of my manager, as every other colleague wears a uniform. Strange that I choose to wear a team shirt to games.
  • Options
    Cutlery has to go in the tidy tray; knives, forks and spoons, from left to right.

I would never use a company who starts their phone number 0203, 0207 or 0208, because the code for London is 020.

Loo roll has to roll forwards (as per previous picture)

I have to wait until the minutes on my alarm clock are even before getting out of bed.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Cars with offset number plates. It can be the most beautiful vehicle in the world going round a track, but if sheer bad design means that the number plate has to be placed to one side, it's a hideous monstrosity on the streets.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Cars with offset number plates. It can be the most beautiful vehicle in the world going round a track, but if sheer bad design means that the number plate has to be placed to one side, it's a hideous monstrosity on the streets.
    Yeah, i don't drive and have no interest in cars but  when i see that seems to grate for some reason.
  • Options
    Cutlery has to go in the tidy tray; knives, forks and spoons, from left to right.
    Surely forks, knives, spoons makes more sense?
  • Options
    Nah, knives fork spoons for me too.