Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What triggers your inner OCD?

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah even numbers for me, beers have to be served in there branded glass - and nothing else hate the smooth pint glasses you get in many london pubs. 
    They used to use them glasses up O'Neal up Blackheath, one of the reasons I never really liked the place
    As well as being full of wannabee hipsters with unfeasibly silly beards and serving food on roofing slates.
    That would've been after my time I think
  • Options

Badly hand written sign - Like the blackboards you see outside pubs with the real ales or the menu on.

If the letters are all varied sizes or the person that done it, went in a bit too confident with the size of the letters to start with and shit themselves for space when they got to the end, so cram the last few letters in at the end.

Got a few around the layout of my Excel spreadsheets n all

• Options
    People who don't orientate their maps to the ground, I have to stop them, and line the map up so you can see what you are looking at. 

Drives me bonkers, no-one would put a stamp on upside down or hang their signed Derek Hales picture sideways (framed by Gary Nelson), its a shoddy civilian approach to life and not to be tolerated. 

*Caveat I accept it's me with the problem not the rest of the world
  • Options
    Windscreen wipers which down't cover the arc properly.
    Net curtains with uneven pleats in them.
    Toilet rolls not folded in an arrow shape at the end.

• Options

Do you have to re-arrow the residual paper after each turnout - or is this just for a brand new roll?
  • Options
    Yeah even numbers for me, beers have to be served in there branded glass - and nothing else hate the smooth pint glasses you get in many london pubs. 
    Do you drink an even number of beers?

So if you're on your ninth you think shit I've got to drink one more?
  • Options
    Any frames or shelves that are not lined up properly or tilted  or non symmetrical objects on shelves. 

Like one candle at one end. Just put another candle at the other end. Book shelves where the size of the books are all mixed up winds me up. 

Dvd cases and game cases have to be side on with the title displayed. 
  • Options
    As I'm reading these, Im thinking to myself - Yeah, I do that

Think I need to see a doctor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I prefer to call it ‘CDO’.
  • Options

Do you have to re-arrow the residual paper after each turnout - or is this just for a brand new roll?

Don't be silly!  My butler does it once he's wiped my aris.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    At uni my housemate's boyfriend couldn't have an odd amount of money in his bank account. Sometimes he wouldn't order something online because it would leave an odd amount, or he'd order something extra so that the amount would be even. I loved the bloke because he was hilarious and made about 8 cups of tea a day.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    At uni my housemate's boyfriend couldn't have an odd amount of money in his bank account. Sometimes he wouldn't order something online because it would leave an odd amount, or he'd order something extra so that the amount would be even. I loved the bloke because he was hilarious and made about 8 cups of tea a day.
    About 8? It couldn't have been 7 or 9 for obvious reasons and unlikely to have 6 or 10 because that would be too far out to be described as "about" - so it has to be "exactly" 8 doesn't it?

Please confirm this to be the case before my OCD kicks in!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    People who don't orientate their maps to the ground, I have to stop them, and line the map up so you can see what you are looking at. 

Drives me bonkers, no-one would put a stamp on upside down or hang their signed Derek Hales picture sideways (framed by Gary Nelson), its a shoddy civilian approach to life and not to be tolerated. 

*Caveat I accept it's me with the problem not the rest of the world
    It particularly annoys me when public maps aren't oriented to north. By chance I went for a lovely walk at Wallasea Island this afternoon. The RSPB Have put a site map up with with north oriented to just a fraction off due south. It's literally like someone's decided to publish an upside-down map. I go there regularly and know the island well and had to do a double take. Given that the island is almost totally flat with lagoons front and behind, I can only imagine the confusion it'll give first time visitors. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Chunes said:
    About 8? It couldn't have been 7 or 9 for obvious reasons and unlikely to have 6 or 10 because that would be too far out to be described as "about" - so it has to be "exactly" 8 doesn't it?

Please confirm this to be the case before my OCD kicks in!
    Well sometimes he would start making one but then stop halfway through. So on average I'd say it was 7.5.

Also he would put the milk in first.
  • Options
    My late Father’s one was people displaying the Union Flag upside down - we were once driving to The Valley for a game, and an office building had the Union Flag on a flagpole upside down - he pulled into the car park, and I sat in the car and watched him go into the reception, come out with the security guard and explained to this totally bemused bloke what was wrong - he then took the flag down, and he and the security guard put it right - they shook hands, he jumped back in the car, and we continued on our way, with Dad grumbling that an ex Soldier (which the security guard was) ought to know better (Dad was ex Army) 😃
  • Options
    The lack of a sticky on the first page of Charlton Life 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The lack of a sticky on the first page of Charlton Life 
    I was surprised we'd gone three pages without someone mentioning a bit of CL thread OCD because there is a lot of it!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I am a bloody nightmare with keeping the house clean and tidy….

Handprints on the bi fold doors wind me up 
    Gloss black doors on cupboards. Get a scratch on one of them and I will order a new door.
    I go through mr muscle glass cleaner like nothing else
    Cant go out without the beds being made 
    All cushions puffed back up on the sofa at the end of every day 

And then my car.

Any marks or dirt on the alloys and I am out with a bucket of hot water and scrubbing away at all hours.
    Hoover it out every couple of days.
    When I park on the drive it has to be parked in exactly the right place and angle. If the missus drives it on all skew-whiff I need to move it back.

And like other posters - got a real thing with germs and cleanliness. Will always touch door handles and the like with my coat sleeve instead of my hand.

Bloody hell - reading that back I have issues! 
    I can only assume that you (and a lot of other posters on this thread) don't have children.

Regarding cushions, if I had it my way I'd burn the bloody lot of them. I get so tired of picking the bastards off the floor that I hide them behind the sofa.

As for making beds - I'd need to whip them to get that done properly. I have to settle for a 'straightening out.'

As for the back of the car..........just don't look back. 

My eldest got a poo stuck on holiday. He tried to sort it out with the brush and then cleaned the brush with his underpants. 
    A few days later the same thing happened again and his tried cleaning the brush in the sink. There was poo all around the sink.

See the kind of thing that I am up against?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This.

im not the ideal person to do beat the bookie.
  • Options
    and the less said about the loose cables hanging down the better
  • Options
    I reckon The Manfreds used to live there.

• Options
    Oh, Supermarkets. If they move things around and it doesn’t match the layout of the shopping list on my phone. We’ll, I’m all over the place.
  • Options
    I saw this abomination next to the Olde Black Horse in Sidcup this morning. I might nip back in the middle of the night and put the bins in number order. 
    If they was my pub, that wall would need to be whitewashed and cables sorted, with a nice tanalised wood bin storage. What is that white blobb behind the plastic garden cupboard all about?
  • Options
    I saw this abomination next to the Olde Black Horse in Sidcup this morning. I might nip back in the middle of the night and put the bins in number order. 
    If I was not so understanding and with the aid of this photo, I would be tempted to sneak out and re-arrange them following your visit in exactly the same order and position. After all, one person's OCD is a different OCD to another!
  • Options
    Top marks for the positioning of the numbers on the bins in relation to the Bexley Borough logo though
  • Options

The white lines round the square drain aren't even.