Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well I'm glad the team didn't think it was a free hit like some posters did !

And if you followed the pre match thread I predicted a win - all be it 2-1 as even I didn't think we could keep a clean sheet.

Now into a run of difficult games, starting with a big 6 pointer against Donny. They won today (although being 3-0 up they nearly three it away) and play their game in hand on Tues evening. Win next Saturday & we can then think about mid table obscurity.....
    But they may have felt it was a free hit. Less pressure on them, in a way than, than if we’d been away at relegation rivals. Doesn’t mean that you’re not going to fight as if your lives depended on it. I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to the meaning of free hit. 
    They definitely played with a lot more freedom, whether that was JJ allowing them to, the players feeling free of Adkins or did feel like there was nothing to lose in this one game we will only tell in time. It really was like watching a completely different team today.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    If Jacko gets the job permanently he'll be the most handsome manager we've ever had B)
    Iain Dowie’s fuming
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    If Jacko gets the job permanently he'll be the most handsome manager we've ever had B)
    What even more beautiful than Ian Dowie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny Jackson you are the dogs Bollocks 
    and Jason is number two.
    awesome result and well done 👍👍👍👍

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I've noticed that when we win there is less than 1min 50 of highlights, when we lose it's often 2min plus. Today's must be a record at less than 1min 40.
  • Options
    What a performance - JJ set that team up perfectly and they put in a massive shift for the shirt and new boss. Been crying out for Dobson, Purrington and Washington to start and for only 1 winger and a return to 2 up front and hey presto the team and shape looked infinitely better. Makes you wonder what was going through Adkins head when he refused to pick Dobson after the first few games and chose to play Morgan as a holding midfielder against Accrington Stanley and pick Soare over Purrington.
    And that pretty much sums it up. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:
    That Sunderland defender handling the ball on on the goal line.

He couldn't prevent the goal as Stockley's header was too powerful - but a a deliberate handball, actively attempting to prevent a goal by cheating.
    Red card offence but not even a caution. Lucky for him the referee turned a blind eye.

If the ball is already over the line though isn’t it then dead?
  • Options
    Great result! All.1k fans who travelled deserve loyalty points to get priority tickets for any match they choose.
    Quite like Sunderland to go up, on the whole they are a great club. Hope Johnson will not be in charge though, complete dxxx, always has been, always will be.
  • Options
    So all 4 officials missed the "head butt".......

Suggests to me that there wasn't one then. That or the officials had all flown in from Dealey Plazza having just been sat on the grassy knole.

Never have liked Lee Johnson, especially after the incident at Bristol City with the sending off & then they scored in the time added on from all his procrastinations.

Cameras missed it too... Magic that. 

Without a single official or camera capturing it, nothing can be evidenced so nothing can be done. 

Kind of hope he did nut him now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well I'm glad the team didn't think it was a free hit like some posters did !

And if you followed the pre match thread I predicted a win - all be it 2-1 as even I didn't think we could keep a clean sheet.

Now into a run of difficult games, starting with a big 6 pointer against Donny. They won today (although being 3-0 up they nearly three it away) and play their game in hand on Tues evening. Win next Saturday & we can then think about mid table obscurity.....
    But they may have felt it was a free hit. Less pressure on them, in a way than, than if we’d been away at relegation rivals. Doesn’t mean that you’re not going to fight as if your lives depended on it. I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to the meaning of free hit. 
    Agreed

It was a lot easier for the players (and indeed Jacko) knowing that if we had lost today, it would be written off as a game you'd expect to lose, where if Jacko had started against Donny, that would have been an incredibly pressurised 6 pointer to start with
  • Options
    My mates on the train back with the squad and apparently they’ve drunk the train dry 
    Might explain the recent lacklustre performances. Good job they aren’t playing Tuesday then. 😉
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Chalk and cheese from what we’ve seen - great stuff. What a wanker that chippy little man Johnson is - not having the decency to go straight over to Jacko to congratulate him on a great result.
    It is because his name is Johnson.  He will find someone to blame and then hid. 
    If there's a Johnson on this site I just quoted him. (And I don't mean Blucher).
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    My mates on the train back with the squad and apparently they’ve drunk the train dry 
    Just read on the Facebook group Ben Watson bought a fan a beer.
    Just one beer...tight git ;)