Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Great performance, we are creating more and more chances when going forward. We still need to learn how to prevent the opposition from having a free passage into our box. We could have been 2 down after 10 minutes. Left McGillivray completely exposed...
    We did tightened it up significantly thereafter but I'm sure Jacko will remind the boys for next game. That said, it was a brilliant performance all round.
    COYR
  • Options
    Point of order: Jacko is an absolute ledge, but there’s only one JJ. 
  • Options
    Point of order: Jacko is an absolute ledge, but there’s only one JJ. 
    Is that Leopold Bloom with her there..?
  • Options
    Just arrived Kings X 
    Did you pay for the train ticket or hide in the toilet?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If he’d made contact with his head there the Sunderland geezer would have been rolling around on the deck clutching his kisser.  Sod off Johnson you little johnson!
    Agree……plus take a look at the crowd behind the goal, not the slightest reaction from any of them.
  • Options
    Watched the game on holiday in Dubai. More than half the team had their best game of the season and if the running data was available it would be off the scale for some of them. This was not just “new manager bounce” it was a proper team performance and playing for a manager that they believe in. Sunderland thought that they could just outplay us but didn’t put the same graft in that we did. Fantastic day. Well done JJ.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    Surprised at how sore Sunderland seem at losing to us, you’d think they would be used to it by now 
    Do you know, it might still be possible to play Sunderland again at Wembley this season.  :smiley:
    I really hope not, in case they make it 3rd time lucky this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Solid away performance just what the doctor ordered. Amazing what levels players can reach when they try and want to make the shirt theirs under a new guvernor. Great team effort all pulling for one another with pride in the badge.

Rode our luck a bit at times but we should’ve scored a couple before our opener. Upwards and onwards and more of the same please Jacko  you Charlton legend you 👏👍

Who was the third man in the technical area, I know it wasn’t Harry Lime but who was he? 🤔. Subsequently found out that it was Glyn Shimell, goalkeeper coach https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60d04c861cb4f/glyn-shimell-appointed-as-clubs-new-goalkeeper-coach
    The Harry Lime bit gets you a Like. 
  • Options
    I thought he did book him for hand ball.
    Did you have the stream? Dont think he booked that player, but then he booked another one, off camera, but Terry said presumably for arguing.
    Arguing for the handball to be a red card?
  • Options
    More effort in that game than we have seen all season.

Jacko had them motivated, let’s hope it continues.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    LouisMend said:
    I do not have an English degree only an O level but good lord the spelling mistakes in that piece....doesn't anyone proof read this stuff before posting
    It’s recorded speech and we don’t speak as we would when committing to the written page. Thinking grammar rules are logical is a myth and it’s only the influence of the “superior” upper classes of the last two centuries that created the concept of grammar having to reflect classical Latin syntax.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Brilliant day 

• Options
    We've heard of the philosophy, identity, pathway bla bla bla. Under Adkins we never started a game outside of 433/ 4231, it may have been a preference from the club, it may have been Nigel stubbornness.

We'll probably never know for sure, but, today we saw a different formation and players playing to clear instructions, if JJ is allowed to do what he wants and it works. Long may it continue.

Unbelievable result.

We did, we played 352 against Accrington last season and Wycombe this.  Accrington away was probably our worst performance unde Adkins last season.

Totally agree with the rest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "No battle No Victory" said Soapbox Sam.
    We battled, We achieved victory.

"Stockley isn't a lone striker" said Soapbox.
    "I like two up front" said JJ.

"A small step for man" said Neil Armstrong.

"A giant leap for Johnnie Jackson" said Soapbox Sam.

Remember the date Saturday, the 23rd of October 2021 and how you felt when the final whistle went around 5pm. 

If you didn't feel bliss, negativity has destroyed you. 
  • Options
    Take a look at what that CB tried to do to Stockley but the headbutt flush on the face.

He's been caught on camera trying to dig his finger into his back and scratch him.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    aliwibble said:
    Not a bad day…….Actually the bet was placed on behalf of my Sunderland supporting mate who feared the worst. At the final whistle he sent me a message ‘never in doubt’.

250 QUID??? Fucking hell your mate has got more money than sense.
    And now he’s got even more money 😁.
    All true but he hasn’t got it yet - still sitting in my account. 
  • Options
    Great header from Jayden. We've been waiting for his heading ability to win us a game. The player who handballed it didn't get a yellow for some reason.