Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    A heat map and average position of each player would be really interesting for today's performance
  • Options
    To be fair to Johnson that to me is a nailed on penalty it’s a shot on target almost certain goal and pearce arm is raised although not knowing a lot about it…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At worst,  this lineup should be top 1/2 of the table if not close to top 6. Stunning that we were in the drop zone.

• Options
    Much more like it. Great performance. Every one of them. Feels nice to feel something again after the inept performance's this season. Looking forward to next Saturday and a trip down to the valley for Johnny's first home game. COYRs!!!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well I watched the pre-show and then exiled myself from the internet, radio and any other sources of information til 5pm, at which point I switched to the bbc website hoping we'd kept a clean sheet, and was pleasantly surprised to discover we've won. Although I was slightly confused at the formation they reckon we were playing:
    Sunderland Away formation
    Can someone who actually watched the game explain what it really was?
    3-5-2 Mathews as the third centre back alongside Famewo and Pearce. 3

Purrington and Leko as wingbacks in a midfield of Dobson, Lee and Gilbey 5

Washington and Stickkey up top.2
  • Options
    Bravo chaps. You put on a super team performance that we’ve always known was possible. Well managed Jacko. Onwards and upwards me thinks. Hurrah!

Now I am really starting to look forward to the next match for a change. Now for the celebrations to start in Valencia!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have been happy with just that performance. But a win as well.. brilliant. Leko MOM for me. He caused so many problems for their defence. Even when they doubled up on him, he kept trying and his head did not drop.

What a difference a few days can make.

Hope we can build on that for next 2 games. If JJ can get a result in these then the job is his.
  • Options
    Can anyone find this headbutt?