Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:
    That Sunderland defender handling the ball on on the goal line.

He couldn't prevent the goal as Stockley's header was too powerful - but a a deliberate handball, actively attempting to prevent a goal by cheating.
    Red card offence but not even a caution. Lucky for him the referee turned a blind eye.

Shocked he didnt get booked - Although @SDAddick mentioned during the game that it probably helped him if the ref thought that the ball was already over the line when he handled it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can anyone find this headbutt?
    I certainly dont remember it
  • Options
    I do remember their bloke cleaning out Famewo long after the ball was played, should be a booking at least, yet nothing.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    But, but, but Jacko and Euell are part of the same problem!
    Wanna like and lol this more than once!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Well I'm glad the team didn't think it was a free hit like some posters did !

And if you followed the pre match thread I predicted a win - all be it 2-1 as even I didn't think we could keep a clean sheet.

Now into a run of difficult games, starting with a big 6 pointer against Donny. They won today (although being 3-0 up they nearly three it away) and play their game in hand on Tues evening. Win next Saturday & we can then think about mid table obscurity.....
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Mate is a Sunderland staff member . He said we should had a player sent off after 30 seconds for an off the ball incident , they should have three penalties , but he did say all of ours played lie their lIves depended on it 

COYR
    Was nothing more than a shoulder barge from Washington

Thought it quite funny actually as you've got Stockley down on one knee for the respect campaign and no one else following suit, Sunderland have just started the game
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Mate is a Sunderland staff member . He said we should had a player sent off after 30 seconds for an off the ball incident , they should have three penalties , but he did say all of ours played lie their lIves depended on it 

COYR
    Funniest thing today was when the referee blew for kick-off the players either forgot, or had agreed not to, to take the knee and the ball went to a Sunderland player who clearly was a bit confused by what was going on. Washington absolutely cleaned him out and left him in a heap on the floor.

Funny thing is when I saw that I actually thought do you know what, Charlton mean business today.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:

He couldn't prevent the goal as Stockley's header was too powerful - but a a deliberate handball, actively attempting to prevent a goal by cheating.
    Red card offence but not even a caution. Lucky for him the referee turned a blind eye.

It’s a yellow if it’s unsuccessful 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Did Johnson say anything about the handball from their centre half who punched the ball away between Stockley and Pearce?
    Did he say anything about the handball on the line to try and stop Stockley’s goal?
    Both deliberate handball.

Thought not.
    That’s how we (well, you lot) sound when we lose and complain about the ref.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:

The earlier one was successful but was missed by both the ref and the linesman. They should have been down to 10 and a Pen to us.

Pearce got it straight in the face. Superb defending.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:

I would have thought the offence of actual handling of the ball with intent to prevent a goal is the issue.
    Unless the referee considered the ball was already over the line and a goal, before the player handled?

With around 30,000 there, perhaps the referee was more concerned about getting out of the stadium alive? :smile: