Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Albania/San Marino

Comments

• Options
    Another clean sheet win!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not forgetting the fact that the San Marino FA must be raking it in.
  • Options
    Harry 'stat-padding' Kane with a hat-trick containing two penalities. 
    Doesn’t matter - a goal is a goal. What should he do, miss them?
    Let Mings, Smith-Rowe, Bellingham or Phillips take them. 

It's embarrassing. 
    So just Bellingham and Phillips left now then. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Means we're the top scorers in UEFA Qualifying - Unless Netherlands score nine past Norway tomorrow

Not bad for a Manager who plays too many defenders

Only Switzerland and Italy have conceded less than us (2), but played two games less - Denmark and France also conceded three goals, yet France still have one game to play (also played two games less than us)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MrOneLung said:
    So you accuse Kane of stat-padding
    Happy to be proved wrong but Southgate usually rests Kane for games against sub-standard opposition, so its been nice to see him get a chance to boost his goals per game ratio in the last week.

Hopefully this will kick start his season for his wage payers now.
    Nah, he'll saving himself until the next England matches in March now  ;)
  • Options
    Amazing that he's only 5 behind Rooney now

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Means we're the top scorers in UEFA Qualifying - Unless Netherlands score nine past Norway tomorrow

Not bad for a Manager who plays too many defenders

Only Switzerland and Italy have conceded less than us (2), but played two games less - Denmark and France also conceded three goals, yet France still have one game to play (also played two games less than us)
    Yeah but Southgate, the bench would beat the team he picks lol /sarcasm 
  • Options

1st England player to a ton?  6 more years would take him to 34, doesn't reply on pace.  If he was German Germany would pick him until then. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

1st England player to a ton?  6 more years would take him to 34, doesn't reply on pace.  If he was German Germany would pick him until then. 
    And we're not actually that strong in his position either. Loads of brilliant attacking midfielders and right backs, but not centre forwards. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I reckon he’ll get 75
  • Options
    I reckon he’ll get 75
    At his current run rate he would have only just turned 30.
  • Options

Most of Kane's goals have been in tournaments or qualifiers. I cannot recall Rooney scoring in tournaments only meaningless friendlies in the main.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    LenGlover said:

Most of Kane's goals have been in tournaments or qualifiers. I cannot recall Rooney scoring in tournaments only meaningless friendlies in the main.
    Rooney did OK in qualification but poorly in major tournaments - one goal in a World Cup, for example, and 4 of his 6 at Euros were in 2004 so after that he got 2 in 5 major tournaments.

Kane has 10 in 3 tournaments.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    When you see teams like Italy and Portugal slipping up and having to go through the playoffs, it only emphasis how yet again Southgate has done a brilliant job. 

Qualification for England never once looked in doubt in this campaign.
    The Dutch also aren’t sure of qualification. Norway are no pushovers and they can overtake them with a win so they’re motivated. Turkey could also overtake them. 
    Completely agree Southgate has done a brilliant job.  

• Options
    And the Nations League has been brought in to give the lower rated teams proper meaningful competitive games against similar ranked opposition in order to improve rather than them just being the whipping boys every match in qualification. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MrOneLung said:
    So you accuse Kane of stat-padding
    Happy to be proved wrong but Southgate usually rests Kane for games against sub-standard opposition, so its been nice to see him get a chance to boost his goals per game ratio in the last week.

Hopefully this will kick start his season for his wage payers now.
    Bang on, also currently you want him to take everything and get the goals to take back to club form. Glad he played both games and scored a load, hopefully that will give him the boost he needed (then signs for city..) 
  • Options

Those stats show how good Charlton and Greaves were - far less internationals played back in their day….
  • Options
    It's also surprising how few internationals Shearer played. I know he had a couple of injuries, and retired to continue with club football, but it's surprising that he only played 63 times, when Owen played 89 and Lineker 80
  • Options
    It's also surprising how few internationals Shearer played. I know he had a couple of injuries, and retired to continue with club football, but it's surprising that he only played 63 times, when Owen played 89 and Lineker 80
    I was thinking that, i always think of Shearer as one of the England legends. Maybe its my age? but didn't realise he only scored 30 goals
  • Options
    Jimmy Greaves' goal per game for England were outrageous - Kane's are pretty good too and he's gonna absolutely smash the record (and hold it for a very very long time), probably before the World Cup as we've got 8 games before it starts (albeit against better opposition than last night)
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    When you see teams like Italy and Portugal slipping up and having to go through the playoffs, it only emphasis how yet again Southgate has done a brilliant job. 

Qualification for England never once looked in doubt in this campaign.
    The Dutch also aren’t sure of qualification. Norway are no pushovers and they can overtake them with a win so they’re motivated. Turkey could also overtake them. 
    Completely agree Southgate has done a brilliant job.  

Be good to have a stacked play-offs so the Welsh and Scottish don't qualify
  • Options

I think catching up with Jimmy Greaves's average would be even more impressive.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    "Harry Kane has 20 goals+assists in 22 games this season. Only one of those goals was in the prem against a now bottom of the table Newcastle. Great example of why people need to stop using only goals + assists to judge players." 

Nicked off twitter but thought it was intresting. 
  • Options
    other than being right good money makers, these games are travesties .. how often does a 'minnow' beat a major footballing nation ? .. there should be a seeding system for qualification and a group set aside so that the weaker nations (based on historical results) play one another and then the winner, perhaps the runners up as well, progress to then play a highly ranked nation. 5 nil and 10 nil results do nothing for me, I didn't watch either game, why bother when the result is soooo predictable. Gibraltar v San Marino might be a fair match, England v San M ? .. a complete waste of time, but as I said, a good earner and the reality is, as we all know that is what it's all about, NOT the Hokey Cokey .. https://youtu.be/U9iUCHfzmYE
  • Options

Was looking at other current players and what's even more impressive than Kane having 48 goals at aged 28 is:

Lukaku also 28 - 68 goals in 101 caps.
    Neymar 29 - 70 goals in 115 caps.