Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Absolutely pouring down with rain with Australia yet to bat. Unlikely to see further play today you would think.
  • Options
    Nice to not wake up to a commanding Aussie lead I suppose!
  • Options
    What fresh hell is this?

nice to see we always give the Aussies a nice first ball of the series when we visit.

bizarre decision to leave out broad.
  • Options
    Did Sir Alistair of Cook really just say “init”?! 
    he said 'arse' around 6:05-6:10 this morning when speaking to Glenn McGrath. 
  • Options
    What an embarrassment. 

We are definitely losing at least 4 of the tests 
  • Options
    Turgid passage of play. Off go bed in 5 mins at the lunch break. Currently 50/4. I reckon we'll get close to 150 & by stumps they will 50/1.

Night all.
    Not too far off with my prediction was I ?  Only the rain can save us now I suspect.
  • Options
    Come on yooooouuu rain.
  • Options
    I went to sleep after about 40 mins. 

It looks to me like we let the history of the Gabba cloud our view and we failed to look at the pitch and conditions properly. This affected selection and the toss where Root didn't want to do a Nasser.

Now Aus will bat on the days everyone said before the game would be the best batting days from the pitch and the weather and we will be blown away.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I went to sleep after about 40 mins. 

It looks to me like we let the history of the Gabba cloud our view and we failed to look at the pitch and conditions properly. This affected selection and the toss where Root didn't want to do a Nasser.

Now Aus will bat on the days everyone said before the game would be the best batting days from the pitch and the weather and we will be blown away.

did the same, after we lost 4th wicket, it was too much to stay awake for. I woke up about 230 and see Butler in our only hope and then woke up to the score this morning, feels like we are really up against it and no Jimmy/Broad we really need the bowling to step up. 

Overall i was going 3-1/4-1 Oz, but a bit too early to change that based on one day. Hopefully we can battle through this test and show a bit of fight, they bowled really well early on but also a couple sloppy ones by us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An earlier start tonight of 11:30
  • Options
    Still.. Charlton were good eh?
  • Options
    Undercooked and under prepared but lacking the granite resolve required in the batting order.
  • Options
    Having watched the BBC highlights, I now understand what has gone on here.
    It's the Nasser Hussain factor.
    Root has simply made the wrong decision for which he will get less blame.

• Options
    Must admit the moment I saw the wicket it looked like something you see at Durham in may..Let's be honest about broad and Anderson too ..if they can't face constant cricket what are they doing there? 

Some really poor thinking from England management and lack of preparation..
  • Options
    And there was me thinking this would be a tough series because our bowling won’t be strong enough…I suppose we have that “pleasure” to come.
  • Options
    Green wicket  :)
    Ideal atmospheric conditions for bowling  :)
    Take opportunity to put pressure on Harris & Warner first up and get Labushagne and Smith in early  :)
    Pitch to get better on days 2 & 3  :)
    Can't lose Test in first session by bowling but can by batting  :)
    Win toss  :)
    Elect to bat  :(
    Don't play broad :)
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Must admit the moment I saw the wicket it looked like something you see at Durham in may..Let's be honest about broad and Anderson too ..if they can't face constant cricket what are they doing there? 

Some really poor thinking from England management and lack of preparation..
     Pity the next captain who hasn't got Anderson and Broad to dig him out of the shit on a regular basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

trying to find highlights but all there seems to be is a 4 minute video on BBC. Maybe that's all you want to see but that doesn't seem anywhere near good enough. 
  • Options

trying to find highlights but all there seems to be is a 4 minute video on BBC. Maybe that's all you want to see but that doesn't seem anywhere near good enough. 
    What is "good enough" though?  

The option to watch every ball, live, via a subscription.  And free-to-air live commentary.  And in-play clips via the free BBC Sport app.  And a full highlights package at breakfast time, via subscription.  And a full highlights programme from 5pm on BBC iPlayer, free-to-air?   
  • Options
    Chizz said:

What is "good enough" though?  

The option to watch every ball, live, via a subscription.  And free-to-air live commentary.  And in-play clips via the free BBC Sport app.  And a full highlights package at breakfast time, via subscription.  And a full highlights programme from 5pm on BBC iPlayer, free-to-air?   
    that's all i was asking for, thanks. 
  • Options
    Maybe it was the wrong decision to bat first but Cummins did say at the toss that he would’ve done exactly the same. One of those where it’ll turn out to be good to have lost.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Warne was convinced Burns missed a straight one with his anti-Starc bias.

It’s always a bit embarrassing to get bowled around your legs but that is a huge deviation in swing.
  • Options

It’s always a bit embarrassing to get bowled around your legs but that is a huge deviation in swing.
    It's also a leg stump half volley
  • Options
    Chizz said:

It's also a leg stump half volley
    yep, thought it looked like it should've been twatted for 4. Burn's front foot went wayyy to far down the offside. 
  • Options

It wasn't really late swing though, pretty much swung straight out of the hand and it was a half volley. Its really really poor whatever way you look at it
  • Options
    It was an awful misjudgement, rustiness and nerves rather than a great ball.
  • Options
    I would back myself to squirrel that away for at least 2 runs even if I had to bat left handed to mimic Burns