Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    FFS the Aussie commentators are moaning about our run rate - it's Test cricket and we're going at almost 4 an over!
  • Options
    Bed time methinks
  • Options
    Anyone got a decent stream?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You don't pick Leach and then choose to bat second. Starc is not great in Tests. Think we have a chance here (he said, before Hazlewood destroyed all his illusions inside twenty minutes) 
    *nervous laughter*
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    If* Root goes and that’s bed time for me fully expecting to wake up to the convicts on 270-2 
  • Options
    Not that it would have helped much but I wish we'd bowled.
  • Options
    11-2. Malan edges to the keeper off Hazlewood.
  • Options
    Every time you see a replay of that dismissal it gets worse. 
    It does but that is the pressure of the situation. He did two things I bet he has not done in the nets all tour - going too far across his stumps and missing the ball. It's also not the ball Burns was expecting or focused on for all those hours.
    It doesn't matter what you are expecting, you protect your stumps. 
    Which is where the nerves come in - and cause him to move too far across his stumps. He was expecting a ball on and outside off stump and probably mentally prepared himself for that ball a million times before he went out there. I wouldn't have made that mistake but then I'm not facing Starc 
  • Options
    I'm skipper so sorry Mitch but you're only getting two overs!
  • Options
    Cummins brings himself on to bowl after only four overs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Cloudworm said:
    Watching on BT sport and about to throw phone at screen as these commentators are getting on my nerves already. Not just cos we’re 2 down. So if you find one with no sound it’ll be a result.

Why do they show the score as 2-11 and not 11-2 like normal? 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Watching on BT sport and about to throw phone at screen as these commentators are getting on my nerves already. Not just cos we’re 2 down. 

Aussies have always done/said it that way. 

A bit like the Americans with the date.

Have to show their masters that they are different. 
  • Options
    Every time you see a replay of that dismissal it gets worse. 
    It does but that is the pressure of the situation. He did two things I bet he has not done in the nets all tour - going too far across his stumps and missing the ball. It's also not the ball Burns was expecting or focused on for all those hours.
    It doesn't matter what you are expecting, you protect your stumps. 
    Which is where the nerves come in - and cause him to move too far across his stumps. He was expecting a ball on and outside off stump and probably mentally prepared himself for that ball a million times before he went out there. I wouldn't have made that mistake but then I'm not facing Starc 
    Doesn't excuse a poor shot that should have gone for four.
    Think that you were right that bowling first, when nerves are at their worst, would have been preferable. 
  • Options
    Totally agree with their commentators about Broad & Anderson. 

Got to win the first Test. And you do that by playing your best bowlers. 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Watching on BT sport and about to throw phone at screen as these commentators are getting on my nerves already. Not just cos we’re 2 down. So if you find one with no sound it’ll be a result.

Because it's an Aussie feed and graphics and that's how they show it down under. The funny thing is that we talk about a bowler taking 2 for 11 but not the score 2 for 11
  • Options
    Disaster 
  • Options
    11-3. Root edges to slip for a duck.
  • Options
    We are so under prepared 
  • Options
    That is an absolutely unplayable delivery. 
  • Options
    Great decision to bat then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is going to be reminiscent of India v NZ last week. 

We'll be all out for less than 100 & then they will bat & get 400 plus  
  • Options
    England look so undercooked going into this match
     :# 
  • Options
    Hate to say it but I think we should bowl first if we win the toss. Conditions might be at their optimum for bowling and the openers on both sides are going to be as nervous as kittens. One good ball is all it takes after all and that applies whether you are Harris, Hameed, root or Smith. 

"In these conditions you need a bit of luck" - Gilchrist. We would struggle to lose the Test in the first session bowling but could easily do it by batting first
  • Options
    Well hey, I did call it at least
  • Options
    This is going to be reminiscent of India v NZ last week. 

We'll be all out for less than 100 & then they will bat & get 400 plus  
    50 and 500?
  • Options
    Burns and Malan fucked it. No matter how good Root is you can’t have him coming in after 5 minutes on the first morning of an Ashes series. Root fucked it by batting first. Players are bottling it. 
  • Options
    Doesn't help not having any warm up matches. Looks like they've just got off the plane & have sleep in their eyes. 
  • Options
    Half our squad needs to catch covid, isolate then fly home, series called off. It'll be less embarrassing
  • Options
    Burns and Malan fucked it. No matter how good Root is you can’t have him coming in after 5 minutes on the first morning of an Ashes series. Root fucked it by batting first. Players are bottling it. 
    Root doing a Nassar here.

What is it they say......win the toss and 9 times out of 10 you bowl. The 10th time you think about it.....and then bowl. 
  • Options
    Anyone in Australia watching it on Channel 7?