Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    4-0
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    4-0
    that's to Australia in case there was any doubt...
  • Options
    Three or four nil Australia depending on the rain
  • Options
    Australia have by far the more seasoned and settled squad, we have promise but are very much in the beginning of transition. I hope Anderson can go on forever, same with Broad but they are clearly understandably needing more TLC. Cummings, Starc and Hazelwood 3 very good bowlers and consistent. 

I'd be pleased if we win 1 test grimly 
  • Options
    England look so undercooked going into this match
    And Australia 
    A lot easier in your native conditions though
  • Options
    any terrestrial TV highlights package? - I can't see anything anywhere
  • Options
    I'm going for 2-2 . I think it will be a series where the bowlers will dominate and we could see some low scores from both sides. 
  • Options
    Does this start tonight or Wednesday night/Thursday morning
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Does this start tonight or Wednesday night/Thursday morning
    Tonight. I think play starts at midnight
  • Options
    I'm going for 2-2 . I think it will be a series where the bowlers will dominate and we could see some low scores from both sides. 
    Unfortunately I can see Smith and Labuschagne sticking around a lot, can't say the same for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On those Australian pitches? No way. Although neither side have much batting beyond the big names, so maybe
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    On those Australian pitches? No way. Although neither side have much batting beyond the big names, so maybe
    Agree. It will come down to who collectively scores more between Warner, Smith and Labauschagne vs Burns/Hameed, Root and Stokes. 

Does comes across from the England camp that they want to get to that second day/nighter at 1-1 and make sure Jimmy hasn’t bowled 7million overs by that point so he’ll be fresh in “better” conditions for him. 
  • Options
    We'll I won't be able to watch the Perth test.....border closures here mean we have lost the game. FFS!
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59443111

In addition to ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary, the BBC has also secured rights to a daily highlights show.
    The highlights show, which will be available on BBC iPlayer, will bring UK viewers all of the latest from the series daily at 17:00 GMT as England try to end the decade-long stretch since their last series win down under.
  • Options
    Really excited for this. Barmy Army!!
    Expect us to be battered mind. 
  • Options
    Charlton 4-0 tonight. Aussies 30/5 at 1am. A boy can dream!
  • Options
    Going to be a long long tour.Really hope we can win a test.Dont want them bashing us 5-0 again.
  • Options
    Presume Glenn McGrath has predicted 5-0 Australia ?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Yes but even he said that he had to otherwise people think there's a problem! He did caveat it with a few comments about depending on the first test
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    MrOneLung said:

Yes but even he said that he had to otherwise people think there's a problem! He did caveat it with a few comments about depending on the first test
    Brilliant caveat. We don't win the first test, we won't win 5-0. Brilliant!!
  • Options
    Leach will be the odd man out once more .. England's top order looks as fragile as ever, whereas Australia has a very experienced top order  and i mo the better bowling attack ..
     hate to say it, hope for rain and a draw
  • Options
    Am told by @thepresident that there is >50% chance of rain during all of the first two days and into the third. Best chance of a draw imo.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 0-4.
    ... followed by Cricket Australia refusing to schedule the fifth test. And then claiming the series is void, because there were only four Tests. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The first test, with Australia fielding a rookie captain and the conditions set early for some help for the seamers has the look of a 'good toss to lose' situation. There will be a lot of pressure on Cummins to make the right decision if Root calls wrong. A fast bowler choosing to bowl first and seeing runs rack up would be a really great first day of the series; as would Australia choosing to bat and being undone by early swing.  

Much less is expected of Root. So, in terms of the toss, I'd be happy if this were the only toss we lost. 
  • Options

• Options
    9/1 seems ridiculously short for an oz 5-0 whitewash…we joke and laugh about it but so many external factors affecting results ie the weather, pedalos etc etc. 
  • Options
    So who is going to watch all 3 sessions? 

Just opened a nice bottle of primitivo,snacks at the ready etc..no doubt we ll be greeted with a pic of it teaming down and the covers on at 11.00 pm 

• Options
    Ashes: England in Australia - all you need to know about the 2021-22 series

By Jack SkeltonBBC Sport

Australia v England, first TestVenue: Gabba, Brisbane Dates: 8-12 December Time: 00:00 GMTCoverage: Daily highlights show on BBC iPlayer, ball-by-ball commentary on Test Match Special, plus live text commentary, UK-only clips, features and analysis on the BBC Sport website and app

England begin their bid to regain the Ashes from Australia when the first Test starts in Brisbane on Wednesday.

Joe Root's side are aiming to become the first England team to win down under since 2010-11, while holders Australia, now led by Pat Cummins, need only a draw to retain the urn.

Here is everything you need to know about the 72nd edition of cricket's oldest rivalry.

Coverage

Test Match Special will provide ball-by-ball commentary on every match via BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, Radio 4 LW, online and the BBC Sounds app.

There will also be UK-only in-play clips available through the BBC Sport's live text commentary, as well as a daily highlights show on BBC iPlayer from 17:00 GMT.

BT Sport have live TV coverage for UK viewers.

How to follow the Ashes on the BBCTMS podcast: The TMS Ashes PreviewAnderson out of Ashes openerWhere and when?

December

8-12 1st Test, Brisbane (Gabba) (00:00 GMT)

16-20 2nd Test, Adelaide (day/night) (04:00 GMT)

26-30 3rd Test, Melbourne (23:30 GMT, 25-29 Dec)

January

5-9 4th Test, Sydney (23:30 GMT, 4-8 Jan)

14-18 5th Test, Venue TBC

Australia will expect to start strongly at the Gabba, where England have not won since 1986, losing six Tests and drawing two in that time.

However, Australia's 'fortress' was finally breached in January when India became the first touring side to win at the ground since 1988.

Perth will no longer host the final Test because of Covid-19 restrictions in Western Australia.

It could be moved to Melbourne, which hosts the third game of the series, and could be played as a day-night match, as is the second Test in Adelaide, which may favour England.

Other options include Sydney hosting both the fourth and fifth Tests or the final game being played in either Canberra or Hobart.

The multi-format Women's Ashes, which features one Test, three Twenty20 internationals and three one-day internationals, runs from 27 January to 19 February 2022.

How can England win in Australia?Pundits' Ashes predictions