Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon away tickets (Ed. now 5th April p16)

Comments

• Options
    Last game of the season, winner stays up.
  • Options
    And the thing is, it doesn’t matter who replaces him.  We have cover in this area 

Pearce
    Famewo
    Clare
    Lavelle
    Elewere

Even Purrington and Matthews can step in at LCB or RCB

it really won’t make much difference to the overall ability of the team’s performance 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    We have x2 players on standby as well as Gunter by the way. That’s why it was postponed. People need to calm down, this is potentially a big game for us and we have to have our better players available (Washington not Gunter) 
  • Options
    Oh & for those who've scoured the train timetables, paid for their tickets, maybe an overnighter too, the Doncaster game 4 days later could be off due to call possible call ups. 

You'd think we ALWAYS perform better after a break..... 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We have x2 players on standby as well as Gunter by the way. That’s why it was postponed. People need to calm down, this is potentially a big game for us and we have to have our better players available (Washington not Gunter) 
    Who are these 2 players then. Washington is one I believe so who is the other.

Also we could be without Washington v Doncaster if he gets a call up after this weekend then
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Also we could be without Washington v Doncaster if he gets a call up after this weekend then
    No idea but AFC Wimbeldon twitter account have confirmed it. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Probably Nile John for the England Under 19’s or Castillo for the Dutch Under 23’s 
  • Options
    Any decision where I don't have to endure watching us boot it 60 yards straight out of play is a good one.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    The whole thing sums up how shit international breaks are. Wtf is a 'standby'? The whole point of selecting a squad is so you have cover for positions, you shouldn't need a standby list too.

Club matches should not be running a risk of being rearranged so close to their date, simply because a national team thinks they might need a player 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It should either be the 5th or 26th April.

They are the only spaces left which do not affect our International break. 
  • Options
    Let him go and play for  Wa*** Wa*** - that's all he cares about anyway.
    Good riddance.

Also, if we're worried about not being able to beat Doncaster without Washington then we're even bigger pussies than I thought.

It's time to grow some balls, believe in available teammates' abilities, and play to win the game.
  • Options
    So Jackson says he is not thinking about relegation, but he obviously is if they are shit scared of going to AFC Wimbledon without Chris Gunter.
  • Options
    No idea but maybe the club think that Innis, JFC, Aneke will be available for a re-arranged game?  We are not safe from relegation and I would rather this re-arranged to give us the best chance if that is what it does.  Easy for me to say though as I didn't manage to get a ticket for it so not personally affected... On that note... If anyone can't make the re-arranged game then I am a willing buyer of a couple. 😃
  • Options
    More embarrassment, from the season that just keeps on giving. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Probably Nile John for the England Under 19’s or Castillo for the Dutch Under 23’s 
    MacGillivray for Scotland again?
  • Options
    So Jackson says he is not thinking about relegation, but he obviously is if they are shit scared of going to AFC Wimbledon without Chris Gunter.
    Its not about going to AFC Wimbledon without Chris Gunter

Its now about trying to go to AFC Wimbledon with a much fitter Conor Washington
  • Options
    Let him go and play for  Wa*** Wa*** - that's all he cares about anyway.
    Good riddance.

Also, if we're worried about not being able to beat Doncaster without Washington then we're even bigger pussies than I thought.

It's time to grow some balls, believe in available teammates' abilities, and play to win the game.
    Have you watched us recently? I couldn’t have less faith “in available teammates abilities”!
  • Options
    I doubt Innes will return.
  • Options
    Strange days indeed.

I fully expected to see four horseman riding above the Valley sky tonight then we shall see the earth's waters rise above the mountains, the waters burn from east to west and plants and trees fill with dew and blood. 
    Maybe,but should Jacko stick with 352?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:

MacGillivray for Scotland again?
    They must be bloody desperate 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    J BLOCK said:
    The whole thing sums up how shit international breaks are. Wtf is a 'standby'? The whole point of selecting a squad is so you have cover for positions, you shouldn't need a standby list too.

Club matches should not be running a risk of being rearranged so close to their date, simply because a national team thinks they might need a player 
    It's not if a player is on standby. The Wimbledon game is off because Gunter has been called up. The one call up rule applies because it is a re-arranged game.

Three players would have to be called up to postpone the Doncaster game.
  • Options
    Why would they re arrange during a international break in the first place?
    Indeed, strange scheduling as there were other midweeks we could have used
  • Options
    At first sight this does seem to be a strange decision on our part.
    However, I’m inclined to believe that the reasons they have gone with this are well founded, there are quite a few permutations, as has been show in this thread, plus you must always remember that us fans are not in possession of all the facts.
  • Options
    Damn, I was only going for the fight 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Croydon said:
    J BLOCK said:

It's not if a player is on standby. The Wimbledon game is off because Gunter has been called up. The one call up rule applies because it is a re-arranged game.

Three players would have to be called up to postpone the Doncaster game.
    See other comments about Washington and standby
  • Options
    Suits both teams. Gives us a chance to get JFC match fit and it gives 18 games without a win Wimbledon a chance to play the game against us when we are safe and with nothing to play for 
  • Options
    Suits both teams. Gives us a chance to get JFC match fit and it gives 18 games without a win Wimbledon a chance to play the game against us when we are safe and with nothing to play for 
    Also gives Wimbledon a chance to end that run rather than against us when we inevitably lose 2-1 as we always do on the road anywhere these days.
  • Options
    Yet another example of not having proper football people at the club making decisions. 
    Laughable. 
    This would have been Jackson's decision I'm sure