Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon away tickets (Ed. now 5th April p16)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    I would rather play a match like this with better form behind us and with key players back so it was a no brainer really.
  • Options
    I would rather play a match like this with better form behind us and with key players back so it was a no brainer really.
    I take you haven't had plans naused and had to rearrange anything. TWICE.
  • Options
    I take you haven't had plans naused and had to rearrange anything. TWICE.
    I appreciate that and sympathise but the real problem is the club being in the position where they have to think like that. Hopefully it will start getting its act together in future.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm not going to be able to attend now....I have an adult and senior ticket if anyone would like them (face value) if not I'll return them to the ticket office next week.
    Edit.... just the senior ticket left now.
  • Options
    clive said:
    But what happens in April if we have a few injuries and suspensions for the Wimbledon game?

The whole system seems bizarre if we need 3 callups to postpone Doncaster, but only 1 for Wimbledon because it's a rearranged match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant go now so have an adult going spare
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I cant go now so have an adult going spare
    Is it free?

Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Sorry mate, gone for a score, you have to be quick on things like this
  • Options
    Looking for a ticket for re-arranged game. Would take any number between 1-3 adults.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The Leather Bottle in Garratt Lane. Decent food. Large enough. Not sure if they have any policies re football fans. 

Home tickets were readily available in the AFC Wimbledon website a couple of weeks back. Doubt they’ve sold out but could be wrong. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    None of the stations are that near the ground anyway, so it's not as if all the fans (home and away) will be arriving in the same way and targeting the same pubs
  • Options
    None of the stations are that near the ground anyway, so it's not as if all the fans (home and away) will be arriving in the same way and targeting the same pubs
    Leather Bottle is half way between Earlsfield station and the ground. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Drink in Wimbledon (trains from Waterloo around every 2 or 3 minutes, 16 minutes journey station to station) and if you are a lazy git you can jump on a bus or get a cab to the ground
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    This is home fans only so keep your colours and accents hidden. Looks to have a big garden for a pleasant (until 19:45) Spring evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I fucking hate this club, everyone knows we’re shite and Gunter is the shiteist. As if having him in the squad or not has any fucking bearing on the result. Pricks. 
    I fucking love this club, if they hadn’t mucked around with the dates I’d have missed it with Covid, but now…touchwood…I’ll be right as rain for the “current” date
  • Options
    Haydon Road is a five minute walk 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s a bastard of a walk

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Wimbledon haven’t won in 19 matches, wish we were playing this on Tuesday, even with a player or two missing. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s a bastard of a walk

It’s really not
  • Options
    Was just looking at the fixture list. Why hasn’t the Doncaster away game been postponed over the same international break? 
  • Options
    Drink in Wimbledon (trains from Waterloo around every 2 or 3 minutes, 16 minutes journey station to station) and if you are a lazy git you can jump on a bus or get a cab to the ground
    Which Wimbledon?

And how far (walk wise) to the ground?
  • Options
    Was just looking at the fixture list. Why hasn’t the Doncaster away game been postponed over the same international break? 
    You need 3 call ups for a scheduled fixture to be called off, we don't have that. You only need 1 call up for a rearranged fixture to be called off.
  • Options
    Ironically Doncaster have two calls ups to our one. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    You need 3 call ups for a scheduled fixture to be called off, we don't have that. You only need 1 call up for a rearranged fixture to be called off.
    I think I read somewhere that Donny have had two players called up for the Under 21 Ireland and Northern Ireland squads respectively, both of whom are loanees and fairly regular starters. We'll surely be the net winners if we are just without the great Chris Gunter, although given the number of habitual dropouts, there must be a good chance that Conor Washington will be called up from standby to the Northern Ireland squad. That said, as the games against Luxembourg (Friday 25th) and Hungary (Tuesday 29th) are only friendlies, maybe the manager, Ian Baraclough, will take the opportunity to blood a few youngsters - let's hope so.