Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon away tickets (Ed. now 5th April p16)

Comments

• Options
    Last minute change of plans - two spare adult tickets for tonight available. Can meet Victoria/Clapham Junction (pref on platform) to handover. PM if interested. 
    Kiely, meet Richard

Hi all, if anyone is looking to get tickets off their hands for tonight's game, I am looking for two adults. Will be coming from Beckenham but happy to meet anywhere realistic. Cheers.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Last minute change of plans - two spare adult tickets for tonight available. Can meet Victoria/Clapham Junction (pref on platform) to handover. PM if interested. 
    Kiely, meet Richard

Hi all, if anyone is looking to get tickets off their hands for tonight's game, I am looking for two adults. Will be coming from Beckenham but happy to meet anywhere realistic. Cheers.

The Waterloo clock would be a more romantic meeting place
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Kiely, meet Richard

The Waterloo clock would be a more romantic meeting place
    Probably what kiely was aiming for but it went off to the station on the right…
  • Options
    Call me Raquel. 
  • Options
    Haydons Road station is 5 minutes walk from the ground.
  • Options
    How long if you’re rat arsed?
  • Options
    How long if you’re rat arsed?
    I'd not know......
  • Options
    A surprising number of empty seats in the corner section. I was even able to sit down all game!
  • Options
    A surprising number of empty seats in the corner section. I was even able to sit down all game!
    Lots of empty seats everywhere 
  • Options
    I was also in the corner. The view was poor and a floodlight was in my eyes the whole game. It took ages to get in and the surrounds are ghastly newbuilds. Never, ever going there again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I was also in the corner. The view was poor and a floodlight was in my eyes the whole game. It took ages to get in and the surrounds are ghastly newbuilds. Never, ever going there again
    Lovely little ground 
  • Options
    I mean it is a crappy little tin pot ground but I walked there in about 25-minutes and walked straight in the Ry stand (whatever that means) at 740pm….no bother
  • Options
    So much better than Kingstonian, but empty seats all over our end. I was in the corner, but the atmosphere was dead so moved behind the goal and there was loads of space 
  • Options
    My understanding is that because of having only two turnstiles for away fans they have to reduce the allocation, but looked like hundreds of empty seats today. 
  • Options
    I moved from the corner because the advertising strip lights made it very hard to see.
    It was better from behind the goal and higher up.
    Haydens Road station is more like 15 minutes away than five.
    Crap trudging around in and out...and how many stewards did they employ...sheesh it was like we had one each.
    I would return if it was an important game but it wasn't a great place, and I feel no compunction to re-visit.
  • Options
    Reckon the bulk of the empty seats were players comps unused 
  • Options
    Don’t think it was that bad a stadium for League One level.

That massive block of flats with no windows on one side behind the opposite goal is a real eyesore though. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I moved from the corner because the advertising strip lights made it very hard to see.
    It was better from behind the goal and higher up.
    Haydens Road station is more like 15 minutes away than five.
    Crap trudging around in and out...and how many stewards did they employ...sheesh it was like we had one each.
    I would return if it was an important game but it wasn't a great place, and I feel no compunction to re-visit.
    Haydons Road was certainly a longer walk after the game. The route I'd taken to the ground was barricaded after the game and I totally lost my bearings trying to get back to the main road. It felt like from the minute I arrived and there was a snaking queue and zealous stewarding going on that it was all a bit OTT. 
    By half time we couldn't get out the back from the way I'd come in either,  everyone was directed to the other end. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Those floodlights were a bit annoying I agree. Too low, so you end up looking into them, and not that strong either - I really struggled to make out what was happening down the other end, which was where most of the action was in the 2nd half...
  • Options
    cafctom said:

That massive block of flats with no windows on one side behind the opposite goal is a real eyesore though. 
    Didn't realise that was also flats. So ugly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird stadium in a soulless location. 

- why did they have so many stewards?
    - why do they only have one or two turnstiles for the away end?
    - why did they close one of the two entrances/exits to the away end after kick off? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

- why did they close one of the two entrances/exits to the away end after kick off? 
    All pertinent questions. If that's how they go about things they probably create problems for themselves every time a large following rocks up. Looking ever more likely they'll be going down so the stewards will outnumber the fans when Barrow and Salford tip up next season. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Was a ridiculous queue getting in to the ground.

I assume they blocked off that main path after the game to stop away fans immediately "clashing" with home fans,  but it was pretty futile really as we met on the street anyway. Indeed as I was going south, I had to walk right around the stadium past loads of home fans.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Before getting the train at Herne Hill we got some chips at the chip shop opposite Brockwell Park.
    They we’re the best portion of chips I have ever had, hugely enjoyed whilst waiting for the train, perfect colour and size and taste and temperature, way more than 14 of them.
    BUT
    BUT
    BUT
    they were three pounds effing fifty a portion.

Highly recommended if you feel flush.
  • Options
    Unbelievably bad sound system in the away end, more so given it’s only been in place this season and the stadium sponsor is Cherry Red Records and you would have thought they’d have a passing interest in association with quality sound, not the opposite 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I thought they could hang a huge cinema screen on it.  That way when the game is as crap as last night's we could all have watched a movie instead.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Before getting the train at Herne Hill we got some chips at the chip shop opposite Brockwell Park.
    They we’re the best portion of chips I have ever had, hugely enjoyed whilst waiting for the train, perfect colour and size and taste and temperature, way more than 14 of them.
    BUT
    BUT
    BUT
    they were three pounds effing fifty a portion.

Highly recommended if you feel flush.

F*** knows what a piece of cod would cost.
    Nice to see you have a tidy pension to afford those prices.
  • Options
    The price of fish and chips is set to rocket.
    There are various reasons for this.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:

They could do a Southend and build a double stand should they need it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:

They could do a Southend and build a double stand should they need it.
    The stands on 3 sides are all temporary structures, so if they ever can raise the money (and need the capacity) they'll replace the stands with larger permanent ones