Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stop playing this poxy song

Comments

• Options
    Ffs
    Chill out mate...we just beat the league winners 2-0 with ease. 👍
  • Options
    Love the song and happy with it being played at the end of the game. I was in the West Stand and it seemed appropriate music to leave by and kept an atmosphere going.

I am normally in the covered end and it less appropriate there as more stay to applaud and wait for the tunnel jump. If they were to wait until the tunnel jump there would not be a lot of fans still in the stadium, which is probably what those who hate it want.

I wonder what the players think?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I enjoy it. But then again I love metal and riffs.

”killing the atmosphere” is an exaggeration in my opinion. 
    The video on twitter proves it I think, can barely hear the crowd over it.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Love the song and happy with it being played at the end of the game. I was in the West Stand and it seemed appropriate music to leave by and kept an atmosphere going.

I am normally in the covered end and it less appropriate there as more stay to applaud and wait for the tunnel jump. If they were to wait until the tunnel jump there would not be a lot of fans still in the stadium, which is probably what those who hate it want.

I wonder what the players think?
    They think it's shit too.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    HandG said:
    It's shit. Utter utter shit.

I want the players to hear the fans and i want to hear the fans celebrating a win. I don't want that garbage nor do I want the poxy Red Red Robin at the end either.
    The Red Red Robin certainly isn't poxy, but it gets played as the players enter the pitch and that is it. That is the way it has always been (in 99% of our time) and that is how it should stay.
    It's called tradition. 
  • Options
    The song has grown on me & played before the RRR before game KO is abso fine then again once the Tunnel jump has been done,the celebrations between the players & management team should just be left to ourselves the VFR faithful…the Valley buzzes on the Atmosphere of us lot & it’s great being part of it,that should be left alone…

if we lose it’s just the RRR to be played as we sing YUFTWTS…🙄😬🤔

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like it…but only when we win!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    I quite like it now. It pops into my head quite often. Usually morphing into Owner Of A Lonely Heart 

There's plenty of time for ATV etc several minutes later.

Or several years later. Its being forced on us. Its shit. 

It's very annoying. Thomas is learning and will get it right but people don't want to hear that shit at deafening sounds when we have just had an important win.

It seems a small thing but its totally unnecessary and so easy not to do.
  • Options
    Burton Away was a good example of how it should be done, they did have that Geordie Song playing in the background which I thought added to the atmosphere but at level the fans could still sing over , however I don't think this the type of song you could sing over at any volume :(

• Options
    Heard it on the BBC Radio London coverage.ving 
    Killed the atmosphere in my living room too and the radio presenters were struggling to speak over it. Glad it's been pointed out here at least.
    Turn your volume down then. What tosh.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Rothko said:
    mendonca said:
    You can clearly hear the crowd over the song. I don't get all the 'drowning the noise out' exaggeration. 
    Not trying to mug you off, but this is tangible evidence you’re wrong:

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1468357317272178689?s=21

Pretty clear what’s drowning what here! 
    That video sums it up well. 3 and a half minutes from the final whistle and not a single chant as that ‘song’ drowns it out.

if it is that loud in the middle of the pitch, it’s even more loud in the stands. 

Can’t the CD have an unfortunate accident with a hammer @Ollywozere ?
    I think that video is shot on iPhone on a mount, and they have a tendency with sound to lock on to something and not pick other things up well. 

Not defending the song, just think it’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of things  
    Agree. A minor thing. But change horrifies some folk.
    Others say embrace it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    I enjoy it. But then again I love metal and riffs.

”killing the atmosphere” is an exaggeration in my opinion. 
    The video on twitter proves it I think, can barely hear the crowd over it.
    You didn't know the crowd were going bananas? 
    A dominant delightful performance.
    Still, there's always something to moan about.
  • Options
    Geeza saved us from the brink, comes over from the US to watch us regularly, has created some brilliant atmospheres through ticket initiatives, signed some players for cash during a pandemic, BUT THAT THREE MINUTES OF SONG AFTER WE WIN 😡 FU*$%}+~€ 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did we play something at full time previously or is this a new thing?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Life is to short to be bothered by shit like this.

This... I reckon play it after the tunnel jumps when we win and let Thomas have his moment, but dont really care either way
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Life is to short to be bothered by shit like this.
    This with bells on.  They could of played Let ‘em Come at full time I’d of still been buzzin.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Let Thomas have his bloody song.
    He's welcome to it.
    Just don't indulge this colourless, derivative, caterwauling shit on the fanbase
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    We should bring back an Upton Park classic..."you win again" by the Bee Gees. Now they were the days!
    Or even more old school "Congratulations" by Cliff Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJcE9tnY6E