Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021

Comments

• Options
    Pearce must be on dried frog pills or something, he’s playing like a man possessed. 

Washington works so hard, it’s a shame his shooting when he cuts in from the left is woeful.

Their ‘keeper was unreal at times. He had no right to be anywhere near that header.

It’s difficult to find fault with anyone from last night. 
    To be honest, that header hit the keeper. But he earned that little bit of luck. When it didn’t go in I started having that horrible feeling Ipswich might nick the draw. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Football fans at their best....

Signings look crap - Focus on Roddy
    Signings look good - Focus on Gallen

Note: Same players being referenced as signings. 
    Really important point. Not. Positive post about Gallen and you have to dump on it?
  • Options
    Injuries apart not a chance our midfield will change for the foreseeable future. There is a balance and an understanding that will take some improving on  and I think as games go by that will get even stronger. The sheer work rate  is amazing add to that the creative bits that are starting to show then we have a top midfield for this league
  • Options
    Does Bonne look like he is carrying a bit of timber ? 
    Don't know.

Don't care.
  • Options
    Even though Lee didn't have a great game, he stilled played that pass for Gilbey's goal - I'm not sure that many others in League One could do that. And if we can win even when one of our key creative players has an off day, that's a good sign.
  • Options
    Side note, and May have been mentioned elsewhere, but thought the unexpected (? I wasn’t expecting it anyway!) impromptu tribute to Arthur (RIP) was excellent and great how long the applause went on for - I was particularly glad it went on for a long time because aside from anything else, I thought we were giving a heroes welcome to Leko warming up for the first 10 seconds of it 😬!
    I was impressed when some of the players joined in, and even more impressed when the ref did, too.
  • Options
    What our midfield has is balance and it ticks the key boxes:
    Goal threat - ticked
    Energy/Running - ticked
    Defence - ticked
    Tackling - ticked
    Creation - ticked

I would say the midfield Adkins put out weren't ticking any of the above and that is why we have seen the transformation we have.
  • Options
    I think we made a useful profit on Bonne which is credit to Gallen.
    Bonne was poor last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Injuries apart not a chance our midfield will change for the foreseeable future. There is a balance and an understanding that will take some improving on  and I think as games go by that will get even stronger. The sheer work rate  is amazing add to that the creative bits that are starting to show then we have a top midfield for this league
    It will be good when JFC returns though, because it’s a long season and we won’t be able to play Lee, Gilbey and Dobson every week and get the same level of intensity.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think we made a useful profit on Bonne which is credit to Gallen.
    Bonne was poor last night.
    By all accounts the QPR owners are still running around with there pants around their ankles!!😂
  • Options
    So much talk about Bonne on here and his own thread. £2m was great.

Just a shame we have got relegated and then failed to get into the playoffs the last few years. But yes £2m was great and we pulled their pants down etc. We've also taken some crocks from Palace...they're probably laughing at us. See what I'm getting at. 
  • Options
    QPR are 5th in the Championship, so I doubt they'll be too bothered!
  • Options
    QPR are 5th in the Championship, so I doubt they'll be too bothered!
    Could always recall him and sell him to someone like Barnsley struggling in the Championship.
  • Options
    Worst moment of the whole evening was looking at the Jimmy Seed stand and realising they were all related.
  • Options
    i think poty will be one of gilby, dobson, stockley and washington  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i think poty will be one of gilby, dobson, stockley and washington  
    Throw Elliot Lee in there as well
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    Stockley, in all comps, almost has 1 in 2 for us.  22 in 45.  Not bad at all.
    Can't be right, wasn't he the one who people wanted dropped because he was sh*t and responsible for our playing it long all the time.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What our midfield has is balance and it ticks the key boxes:
    Goal threat - ticked
    Energy/Running - ticked
    Defence - ticked
    Tackling - ticked
    Creation - ticked

I would say the midfield Adkins put out weren't ticking any of the above and that is why we have seen the transformation we have.
    And that was the big problem. Adkins had Watson & Morgan in his midfield. 
  • Options
    No idea why we're guessing player of the season now. Unless you're on your way to the bookies!

Purrington might get to 17 league goals and breeze it!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    felix_31 said:
    Can't be right, wasn't he the one who people wanted dropped because he was sh*t and responsible for our playing it long all the time.  
    The more I think about that the more it makes me laugh. Rather than coaching the team to not play it long and waste possession, our ex manager thought it a good idea to drop our best striker, just because he's tall and can win a header. Honestly laughable. 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    The more I think about that the more it makes me laugh. Rather than coaching the team to not play it it long and waste possession, our ex manager thought it a good idea to drop our best striker, just because he's tall and can win a header. Honestly laughable. 
    But there are some that feel the 'Leadership team' insisted he play 433 and 433 only.
  • Options
    The reason they feel it is likely to be that the club announced it as a set up policy. 
  • Options
    Once the edit 3142 has come back from the printers, we can announce JJ!
  • Options
    Clare's distribution is miles better than Famewo's. They're both playing well. I am not worried about it 
  • Options
    Clare is excellent in that role. The only real competitor would be Matthews (if he fancies it which you never know these days). 

Rather than look at players so much in isolation. Look at how they play as a unit. Both DJ and Pearce have benefited by having a tall, composed on the ball, pacy player. I really like his distribution as have been used to our defenders just hoofing it out from there. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Clare is excellent in that role. The only real competitor would be Matthews (if he fancies it which you never know these days). 

Rather than look at players so much in isolation. Look at how they play as a unit. Both DJ and Pearce have benefited by having a tall, composed on the ball, pacy player. I really like his distribution as have been used to our defenders just hoofing it out from there. 
    Yeh and he has the ability to drive forward too.
    He's a great athlete.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Gunter was also fine when he played right CB against Doncaster and Rotherham. Indeed he only lost his place due to being called up for Wales