Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    He did have good games, but his distribution is woeful. Happy with him as an option b/c. Bit like he has been all his career really - for a reason.
  • Options
    Video from Ipswich fans perspective. Ignore all the old jossop, interviewing each other and talking about cafes in Suffolk and enjoy our goals as seen from their end and the best view yet of their little skirmish with their players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2vhDwphBHQ

• Options
    The fans that ran onto the pitch and confronted their team are a disgrace. I thought some of ours were entitled!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The fans that ran onto the pitch and confronted their team are a disgrace. I thought some of ours were entitled!
    Didnt we have fans on the pitch against Lincoln?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Good for you Toto.
    Must be difficult when the fans are calling you all the cnuts under the sun.
    If there is one thing we have learned it may just need a new manager to get the same players performing again.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Listen again to the Valley roar, when we scored.

That's what we're about!

Love the Ipswich fan NOOOOOOOOO !!!
  • Options
    Finding a midfield destroyer with quality and the energy Dobson has is basically like winning the lottery. 
    Not comparing the two (yet  :D) but similar to Kins, he's only young & could develop into a more attacking MF. Energetic, tough tackler, can pick out passes, great team player ....... not sure about his shooting though ?
  • Options
    Finding a midfield destroyer with quality and the energy Dobson has is basically like winning the lottery. 
    Not comparing the two (yet  :D) but similar to Kins, he's only young & could develop into a more attacking MF. Energetic, tough tackler, can pick out passes, great team player ....... not sure about his shooting though ?
    Am I the only one who thinks he looks like he's auditioning for The Artful Dodger when he runs without the ball?
  • Options
    With Lee and Gilbey in the midfield with him, he doesn't need to shoot. Just work hard, as he is doing, break up the play and pass and that is a definite strength.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    With Lee and Gilbey in the midfield with him, he doesn't need to shoot. Just work hard, as he is doing, break up the play and pass and that is a definite strength.
    I'm thinking more the future rather than now & then chelsea can buy him for 25 million for their loan squad  :D
  • Options
    Player ratings for Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | TWTD.co.uk

Interesting to see they gave our keeper 5 lol...
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Didnt we have fans on the pitch against Lincoln?

Yes just after we scored our equaliser. It was embarrassing.
  • Options
    Player ratings for Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | TWTD.co.uk

Interesting to see they gave our keeper 5 lol...
    They obviously use the "he didn't make any saves so can't get a good score" logic
  • Options
    You used to receive a 6 if you didn't make any saves. Obviously that could be pushed to 7 if you managed to shine in such a game - maybe showcased excellent distribution or played the role of sweeper so the defenders could push up a bit. There is more to being a goalkeeper and being graded than for shot stopping. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/g2vhDwphBHQ

Rather enjoyed that 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    https://youtu.be/g2vhDwphBHQ

Rather enjoyed that 
    "Hark, now hear the Ipswich sing,
    The Norwich run away."

I'll say they've run away.

The Canaries have managed to put two divisions between them and the muppets.