Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID passes needed for football from 15 December

From the BBC:

What are the new rules?

In England, people will need to use their NHS Covid Pass to gain entry to:

• Nightclubs
  • Indoor seated venues with more than 500 people
  • Unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people
  • Any venue with more than 10,000 people

People can also show proof of a negative result from a recent lateral flow test.

Businesses have a week to introduce the measures.

What's not clear from that is whether the figures relate to the number of attendees or the capacity. Anyway, get your passes sorted I would say.

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    From the BBC:

What are the new rules?

In England, people will need to use their NHS Covid Pass to gain entry to:

• Nightclubs
    • Indoor seated venues with more than 500 people
    • Unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people
    • Any venue with more than 10,000 people

People can also show proof of a negative result from a recent lateral flow test.

Businesses have a week to introduce the measures.

What's not clear from that is whether the figures relate to the number of attendees or the capacity. Anyway, get your passes sorted I would say.

It is attendees - most lower league clubs with large grounds will restrict attendances to 10,000 rather than try to plan and implement turnstile checks.
  • Options
    Bad news. im over covid
  • Options
    So maybe we can revert temporarily to streaming all games?

Thats what should maybe be a consideration again. Provides some revenue whilst attendance is either restricted formally / made more challenging to accommodate or to recognise some fans  may personally choose not to attend.  
  • Options
    As I posted on the main Covid thread, Wimbledon's capacity is below 10000 so they are unaffected. Ditto Cheltenham's ground, whereas Plymouth will be the first away game affected by this as they're 16k
  • Options
    Negative LFT test is also fine, which makes it all ridiculous and a massive noise about nothing.
  • Options
    Negative LFT test is also fine, which makes it all ridiculous and a massive noise about nothing.
    How will this be checked? It only makes sense if it's done at the venue.
  • Options
    How will this be checked? It only makes sense if it's done at the venue.
    Vaccines or a negative test will get you the covid pass (a QR code). You will have to present the pass at a venue. Either a hard copy or on your mobile.  It will say whether you are vaccinated or tested negative. The pass has an expiry date and will have to be renewed regularly (monthly?) I assume this means if your are not vaccinated you will have to get regular tests.
  • Options
    I assume a covid passport is for 2 jabs, and not the booster. 
  • Options
    I’ve had a pass on the NHS app (different to the track and trace app) since June, you get a QR code which has an expiry date, so far the date has extended automatically every so often. I don’t know what happens if you’re waiting for a booster, but mine extended in between my first and second jabs.

The app also stores your jab history viz the dates and which vaccine you’ve had.
  • Options
    Tried just now on the NHS app.......Covid passport system down. 

Good job I dont need one for tomorrow. Off up to London for a meeting & they are asking for proof of vaccination or PCR / LF test.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I was vaccinated abroad so can't get a COVID pass. How does the lateral flow test work? You literally bring the stick along? Couldn't it just be anyone's and how could they even tell you did it recently
  • Options
    Will the covid pass Q code need to be shown at turnstiles? We’re going to face long queues if so. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I was vaccinated abroad so can't get a COVID pass. How does the lateral flow test work? You literally bring the stick along? Couldn't it just be anyone's and how could they even tell you did it recently
    Log it on line and you get sent a text
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Will the covid pass Q code need to be shown at turnstiles? We’re going to face long queues if so. 
    So you should be able if you’re on an iPhone to put it into the wallet app, and then just double tap the power button, and it’ll be there to show
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    At the height of football hooligansim, every fan was searched. Bags are searched now. It will be hassle but surely this checking role can have Pass checking built into it and not be a massive deal. The barcode/QR code could be read by phone with the correct app.
  • Options
    Does the vaccine passport/negative lateral flow count for children too? Assume so..
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Waving a stick that has your gob/snot on in some poor stewards face is not going to get you into a football stadium! 
  • Options
    Will my EU-QR code also be valid or does this mean I have to do a LFT before I want to enter the Valley?
  • Options
    MadGerman said:
    Will my EU-QR code also be valid or does this mean I have to do a LFT before I want to enter the Valley?
    Brexit means Brexit.

But seriously, I think the EU covid passport is supposed to be accepted, whether the steward on the day knows that could be a different story so might be worth doing a LFT and proving your status that way too.
  • Options
    Here we go .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the topic of hygiene. Why is the hand dryer by the entrance door of the toilets and not by the sink and exit door? It creates a silly situation of confusion/crowding/people wiping hands anywhere.
  • Options
    Easiest thing is to restrict to season ticket holders and limit the away fans so the crowd is below 10,000 then no need for any checks.😁😁🎣🎣🎣🎣
  • Options
    Tried just now on the NHS app.......Covid passport system down. 

Good job I dont need one for tomorrow. Off up to London for a meeting & they are asking for proof of vaccination or PCR / LF test.

Yep, same issue. I need it for travel. Like very soon.

• Options
    So glad this starts after Saturday.
    Its been stressful enough waiting until the last minute to book my test for the way home in case the goalposts move.
    The Irish Covid pass doesn’t update with the booster, just have a wee bit of paper to show I’ve had it 🙄
  • Options
    What what about players who haven’t been jabbed?
  • Options
    What what about players who haven’t been jabbed?
    I would assume they're already tested daily
  • Options
    Rules and exemptions are different for elite athletes.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Rules and exemptions are different for elite athletes.
    What about Charlton players though? 
     Well, you're talking about the 433 Charlton, not 3142!