Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID passes needed for football from 15 December

Comments

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    I have had all three jabs and the flu jab.
    I tried for several hours a couple of weeks ago to put the NHS appliance on my mobile telephone and failed.
    It seemingly works for others, but easy and intuitive it is not. What one ‘obviously’ does is not obvious, and a button by button step by step guide in simple traditional language is not available.
    One doesn’t ‘just’ have to do this that or the other it would help me and possibly others if it was simpler.
    Like search Google on your internet telephone for the NHS appliance.
    Then a great big red button appears which says ‘press this and you will have a Covid passport on your mobile telephone’.
    (maybe you put your name and address in a simple form before pressing the button)
    Then a great big red button called ‘Vaccine Passport’ appears on the main screen of the mobile telephone.
    That might be helpful to people.
    The app relies on you entering your NHS number and date of birth when registering for the first time. It then asks for your email address the first time you log in. You can then set it up for facial recognition. After entering you click on NHS COVID pass. A green continue button then appears. You can select Domestic or travel and the pass(es) appear. The travel option gives you a QR code for each jab. It gets updated every time you look at it and you can add to Apple Wallet if you have an iPhone which means you can show the passes without internet coverage. All show valid for a month.
    Thanks.
    It all sounds daunting but I will try it.
    A couple of posts have mentioned an Apple wallet, but when I bought my Apple Mobile Telephone in Bluewater they didn’t give me the wallet.
    Maybe the problem is previously having a Samsung and also having a Virgin sin card.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:
    I tried for several hours a couple of weeks ago to put the NHS appliance on my mobile telephone and failed.
    It seemingly works for others, but easy and intuitive it is not. What one ‘obviously’ does is not obvious, and a button by button step by step guide in simple traditional language is not available.
    One doesn’t ‘just’ have to do this that or the other it would help me and possibly others if it was simpler.
    Then a great big red button appears which says ‘press this and you will have a Covid passport on your mobile telephone’.
    (maybe you put your name and address in a simple form before pressing the button)
    Then a great big red button called ‘Vaccine Passport’ appears on the main screen of the mobile telephone.
    Hi Seth, if you search for “how do I put the NHS app on my (fill in the device you want it on)”, you will find the NHS site has a step by step guide to help you.
    Good luck!
    Thanks.
    You have to visit an appliance store apparently….duh!
    It wants your Apple ID, how is somebody supposed to know that?
    With the news yesterday I suppose I will have to try again.
    there is a procedure to change your Apple ID on your phone. 
    How do you know your first Apple ID to then change to the second one?
    I have an Apple desktop, an Apple telephone and even an Apple tablet but have no idea about an Apple identity card or wallet.
  • Options
    On the app, they last 2 days I think but then you can just get a new one 2 days later.

Seems a bit pointless but isn’t an issue.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    @seth plum it’s difficult to explain on something like this, as advice, I would see if you could speak to someone at Bluewater Apple store for them to help you with these issues.

As you have an Apple mobile, tablet and desktop, you will have an Apple ID but if you don’t know it can be difficult to understand.

On your mobile, if you click on settings, your name should appear at the very top, if you click on your name, it should have an email address, that will be your Apple ID.

It will then require the password that you decided on at the time of creating the Apple ID.

You may not have realised you created an Apple ID but I am sure you would have done when setting up any of your devices.

Once this problem has been resolved, I am sure someone could help you setting up the NHS App.

When you have managed to get onto the NHS App and logged in via your own personal details that it will ask of you, the Home Screen will have an option called NHS COVID Pass.

The next two options will be domestic or travel. For football it would be domestic.

By selecting this option it will create a QR Code that remains valid for 30 days.

Once the 30 days is up, you go back into the NHS App, select NHS COVID Pass and Domestic, where it will create another QR Code that will be valid for another 30 days.

Regarding the Apple Wallet. This is a virtual wallet, just like another App that is built into your Apple mobile. This is a little complicated if someone doesn’t show you how to use it. But the point of this is you can add your cards into the Apple Wallet to either pay for something via contactless or to access something such as a QR Code.

For me, I have my bank card set up on my Apple Wallet so I can quickly pay for something using my phone. To do this on Apple mobile, you double press the power button.

I hope this doesn’t sound condescending or anything at all. I really hope this makes even just a little more sense than before. But I would recommend asking someone to sit with you for 20 minutes to help you get to grips of these things as it can be daunting and it can be frustrating and difficult if you aren’t sure which each aspect is.

Good luck.
    Brilliant post. Many thanks.
    The younger generation probably rightly get annoyed at old gits like me being so poor with the new technology that ironically us old gits initially invented.
    I may well have set up an Apple password at some time.
    The thing about passwords is remembering them.
    I would use the same one, but there is demands for ordinary ones, ones with numbers, ones with punctuation, ones with capital letters and so on.
    Then there is bloody Tesco who shut down their email service, so if you have an historic password attached to that now defunct service that you can’t remember you can’t retrieve anything.
    The other day an old friend from student days called me from a number she found in an old address book, because having tried via Tesco she got nowhere. I was pleased to get back in touch, and via her in touch with my other old student friends.
  • Options
    so downloaded the app, set up my passport etc and it says it expires in 3 days time. Double jabbed and had booster 3 weeks ago. Wife had jabs on same days and hers says 9th Jan

What’s that all about?
    so downloaded the app, set up my passport etc and it says it expires in 3 days time. Double jabbed and had booster 3 weeks ago. Wife had jabs on same days and hers says 9th Jan

What’s that all about?
    On the app mine says has an expiry date as well. How we as @clive says the paper version has no expiry date. Seems a bit stupid really. 
    Shocked that you thought something (so very simple) would actually be smooth and efficient
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Sage said:
    @seth plum it’s difficult to explain on something like this, as advice, I would see if you could speak to someone at Bluewater Apple store for them to help you with these issues.

As you have an Apple mobile, tablet and desktop, you will have an Apple ID but if you don’t know it can be difficult to understand.

On your mobile, if you click on settings, your name should appear at the very top, if you click on your name, it should have an email address, that will be your Apple ID.

It will then require the password that you decided on at the time of creating the Apple ID.

You may not have realised you created an Apple ID but I am sure you would have done when setting up any of your devices.

Once this problem has been resolved, I am sure someone could help you setting up the NHS App.

When you have managed to get onto the NHS App and logged in via your own personal details that it will ask of you, the Home Screen will have an option called NHS COVID Pass.

The next two options will be domestic or travel. For football it would be domestic.

By selecting this option it will create a QR Code that remains valid for 30 days.

Once the 30 days is up, you go back into the NHS App, select NHS COVID Pass and Domestic, where it will create another QR Code that will be valid for another 30 days.

Regarding the Apple Wallet. This is a virtual wallet, just like another App that is built into your Apple mobile. This is a little complicated if someone doesn’t show you how to use it. But the point of this is you can add your cards into the Apple Wallet to either pay for something via contactless or to access something such as a QR Code.

For me, I have my bank card set up on my Apple Wallet so I can quickly pay for something using my phone. To do this on Apple mobile, you double press the power button.

I hope this doesn’t sound condescending or anything at all. I really hope this makes even just a little more sense than before. But I would recommend asking someone to sit with you for 20 minutes to help you get to grips of these things as it can be daunting and it can be frustrating and difficult if you aren’t sure which each aspect is.

Good luck.
    Brilliant post. Many thanks.
    The younger generation probably rightly get annoyed at old gits like me being so poor with the new technology that ironically us old gits initially invented.
    I may well have set up an Apple password at some time.
    The thing about passwords is remembering them.
    I would use the same one, but there is demands for ordinary ones, ones with numbers, ones with punctuation, ones with capital letters and so on.
    Then there is bloody Tesco who shut down their email service, so if you have an historic password attached to that now defunct service that you can’t remember you can’t retrieve anything.
    The other day an old friend from student days called me from a number she found in an old address book, because having tried via Tesco she got nowhere. I was pleased to get back in touch, and via her in touch with my other old student friends.
    You’re welcome.

I think if you could get someone from the Apple store to go through any of the problems you have, they’d happily sit with you and teach you things.

As an example, for remembering passwords, Apple has a thing called Keychain. This saves your passwords for you so you don’t forget them. Again, this is something they can show you though.

You are right, sometimes using the older and original way of doing things like an address book can be more effective than technology. I’m in my 20s but there is still something satisfying about those methods working.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    The app relies on you entering your NHS number and date of birth when registering for the first time. It then asks for your email address the first time you log in. You can then set it up for facial recognition. After entering you click on NHS COVID pass. A green continue button then appears. You can select Domestic or travel and the pass(es) appear. The travel option gives you a QR code for each jab. It gets updated every time you look at it and you can add to Apple Wallet if you have an iPhone which means you can show the passes without internet coverage. All show valid for a month.
    Thanks.
    A couple of posts have mentioned an Apple wallet, but when I bought my Apple Mobile Telephone in Bluewater they didn’t give me the wallet.
    Maybe the problem is previously having a Samsung and also having a Virgin sin card.
    The Apple Wallet is an app on your phone. You can link it to a bank card and pay for things.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:
    Hi Seth, if you search for “how do I put the NHS app on my (fill in the device you want it on)”, you will find the NHS site has a step by step guide to help you.
    Good luck!
    Thanks.
    You have to visit an appliance store apparently….duh!
    It wants your Apple ID, how is somebody supposed to know that?
    With the news yesterday I suppose I will have to try again.
    there is a procedure to change your Apple ID on your phone. 
    How do you know your first Apple ID to then change to the second one?
    I have an Apple desktop, an Apple telephone and even an Apple tablet but have no idea about an Apple identity card or wallet.
    you don't need to know it. Have you ever tried to download an app? If you do it will ask for your Apple ID. There is an option which says Forgotten your ID. Click on it and you get options to reset it.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    On the app, they last 2 days I think but then you can just get a new one 2 days later.

Is the date on your phone set to today's date?

The COVID passes update to one month validity every time you look at them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fear matches will be played behind closed doors again quite soon as they are in other countries. 

It is such an easy enforceable measure by the govt and also reduces the risks of thousands crowding on public transport pre/post match (with questionable mask compliance).  Unlike theatre, concerts etc. a crowd is not a 'must have' for the event to still take place.
  • Options
    Another silly rule that got no chance of happening .. 10,000 trying to get in the ground there not going to take a close look at everything screenshot … plus someone could easy copy someone covid passport and flash that in front of the stewards eyes .. he not going to know ….. this is not going to happen on a match day 

Yeah, you're right as usual, Ronnie. It would be impossible for everyone to show they've got the paperwork (actual or electronic) to prove they should be allowed to get into the ground. 

Next, they'll probably require that you actually have, like, a ticket, you know, to be allowed in. How the hell would that ever work? 
  • Options
    It seems to work quite effectively and efficiently at the airport. Why shouldn't it work at the Valley...coz itself football?!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    You've got Paddy who'll sort it out for you.
    Stop making a drama of it.
  • Options

What’s that all about?
    I have same issue.
    Just get the paper version with no expiry date.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    I want a virgin sin card.😂
  • Options

What’s that all about?
    I have same issue.
    Just get the paper version with no expiry date.
    The digital one should update every time you click open it. Basically never expires.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    I want a virgin sin card.😂
    Think it’s contactless.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Another silly rule that got no chance of happening .. 10,000 trying to get in the ground there not going to take a close look at everything screenshot … plus someone could easy copy someone covid passport and flash that in front of the stewards eyes .. he not going to know ….. this is not going to happen on a match day 

Yeah, you're right as usual, Ronnie. It would be impossible for everyone to show they've got the paperwork (actual or electronic) to prove they should be allowed to get into the ground. 

Next, they'll probably require that you actually have, like, a ticket, you know, to be allowed in. How the hell would that ever work? 
    The wum is right here tbf.
    A first time for everything I suppose!
  • Options
    If there’s no expiry date then there’s a lucrative business for selling copies to non vaxers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    It seems to work quite effectively and efficiently at the airport. Why shouldn't it work at the Valley...coz itself football?!
    Also worked perfectly well at cricket. I went to full house at both Lords and Edgbaston in July which were test events before opening up. Hardly seemed much of a problem if organised properly, although did require quite a few extra bodies to make it work. 
  • Options

COVID-19 Certification: EFL advises supporters to be prepared

Following the UK Government’s introduction of its Autumn/Winter Plan, the EFL is asking football supporters to Be Prepared before they travel to watch their teams in action.

From Wednesday 15 December, Covid-19 Certification will be mandatory for entry into settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.

As a result, supporters will need to be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 Certification to enter football stadia where the attendance will exceed 10,000 seated or 4,000 standing.

Similar legislation is already in force in Wales, with Cardiff City, Newport County and Swansea City already operating these measures.

COVID PASS

To ensure that fans can continue watching their teams in person this season in a safe manner, it is imperative that all football supporters play their part by ensuring they have valid COVID-19 Passes or proof of certification in advance of match day.

For full details about the NHS COVID Pass, which includes information on how to obtain valid certification of the COVID-19 vaccine, please CLICK HERE. 

BE PREPARED

To Be Prepared, those of you who are attending fixtures, where COVID-19 Certification is mandatory, are advised to:

• Check the Club’s latest COVID-19 guidance in advance of matchday and read its COVID Code of Conduct.
    • Ensure you have a valid form of COVID certification in your possession before you leave for the ground or you will not be permitted entry.
    • The best form of Certification is the COVID pass. You can download the COVID digital pass using the designated NHS App or to your wallet or camera roll in case there is no signal.
    • Bring your original printed NHS COVID Pass on the day of the fixture if you are unable to use the digital version.
    • A negative Lateral Flow test result will be permissible should you be unable to provide a COVID pass
    • Make sure your passes are easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the turnstiles.

TEST BEFORE TRAVEL

Full details on how to obtain a COVID NHS Pass can be found above, but for supporters who are not yet double vaccinated, you will need to take a lateral flow test within 72 hours of attending the match.

If the test returns a positive result, then supporters must NOT attend the fixture and follow the correct procedures as advised by the NHS. Further information about COVID-19 is available HERE.

DON’T TRAVEL IF UNWELL

Even if double-vaccinated, supporters must not attend if they, or anybody attending with them, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, feels unwell, or is required to self-isolate. 

USEFUL LINKS

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/covid-19-certification-efl-advises-supporters-to-be-prepared/
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    Belv said:

Is the date on your phone set to today's date?

The COVID passes update to one month validity every time you look at them.
    Yep, well that's the case anytime I've looked at it.

It is valid for 48 hours from the time you go into the app.

Just this second had a look and my pass expires 15th December at 10.38.
  • Options
    What is rule for children entering grounds after 15th.
  • Options
    The covid pass lasts 3 days if you've not registered your ID, or it lasts 1 months I've you've registered it. 

Problem and drama solved. 
  • Options
    What is rule for children entering grounds after 15th.

Required use of the NHS COVID Pass

From 15 December, certain venues and events will be required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated (currently a full course of vaccination without the need for a booster, but this will be kept under review), have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or that they have an exemption. This means that those aged 18 years or over must show their NHS COVID Pass, or an alternative proof of a negative test result, such as an NHS Test and Trace email or text proof, to gain entry into these venues.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#required-use-of-the-nhs-covid-pass

• Options

What’s that all about?
    That's odd - it usually sets expiry as a month from the day you get it.  Try again.
  • Options

What’s that all about?
    That's odd - it usually sets expiry as a month from the day you get it.  Try again.
    It's because the app isn't ID registered 
  • Options
    Found a very easy way to get a paper passport version.

DIAL 119….OPTIONS 1  3  2  1

You will need your NHS number to give to the operator.

They answered me within two minutes!

The passport is valid for the foreseeable future.

However, as yet they do not show your booster date.

Pass will be posted to you and will arrive within 5 working days.

Easy peazy……..even for me and that’s saying something.🤗