Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham This Sat

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Weres everyone drinking/?

Comments

• Options
    On a bench in the high street,much cheaper..
  • Options
    Give Scally £15 to enter that dump for a friendly? No chance, and I only live about 10 miles away.
  • Options
    Will the club be running cheap travel for kent based supporters to go as an incentive?
  • Options
    looks like im on me own then oh well
  • Options
    Don't be silly Leftbehind, myself & a number of the minbus crew will probably be drinking somewhere in the Chavs paradise of Chatham pre-match.
  • Options
    I'll be there, but feck knows why we're drinking in Chatham...
  • Options
    Why Chatham?

We will be in Gillingham from 12 ish

Theo might make a appearance as well
  • Options
    Thought I'd leave it for Carter to arrange the Drinking Den for the Morning/Afternoon. Carlsberg is defo coming as well. Danny Dyer is thinking about it.
  • Options
    i'm two minds at the moment but i'm sure i'll turn up
  • Options
    Will be there, whevever Carter decides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to go but £15 is hard to justify for a pre season friendly when money is tight.

Anyone know if there are concessions and if so how much?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Would like to go but £15 is hard to justify for a pre season friendly when money is tight.

Anyone know if there are concessions and if so how much?

What OAP's Len, you are having a laugh :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Not quite an OAP yet but feel like one sometimes:-) no I'm thinking of little Miss Len. She won't let me go on my own and has already asked if we are going.
  • Options
    Come on Len ya know ya wanna, come & meet us for beers before hand as well, an offer you cannot refuse :-)
  • Options
    WSS - do you need to know which pub has the busiest ladies toilet?
  • Options
    WERE TO DRINK

The ground is walkable from the town centre, where there are a fair few pubs to be found. Paul Kelly a visiting Preston fan adds; 'we have used the 'Will Adams' in the town centre. The pub is in the good beer guide and does good cheap food. Plus a very friendly crowd of football locals happy to indulge in friendly banter - the landlord is a Gill fan too!' Robert Donaldson recommends the 'Southern Belle' opposite the railway station, which also has a cafe located next door. Robert Phipps a Gillingham supporter recommends 'The Ship' public house on the Lower Rainham Road. Away fans though should avoid 'The Cricketers' in Sturdee Avenue.

Michelle Dixon, the landlady of the 'Livingstone Arms' on Gillingham Road informs me; 'Our pub is known as an "Away Supporters" pub and is situated approximately 100 yards from the away turnstiles. The atmosphere within the pub is both warm and friendly and there is even complimentary bar food laid on for fans. Otherwise you can purchase a hot pie with your pint, or visit the local chip shop, situated across the road.' This pub which also has a beer garden, is popular with both away and home supporters and as you would expect it gets rather busy on matchdays.
  • Options
    Not going to this, but also hoping it stays dry on Saturday for the Ben and Jerrys festival on Clapham Common
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not going to this, but also hoping it stays dry on Saturday for the Ben and Jerrys festival on Clapham Common

A post about You & Clapham Common Rothko, my head is about to explode, so many different comments going through my head....... :-)
  • Options
    I'll be drinking at home in my garden - in the lashing rain (we're having a BBQ).
  • Options
    in gillingham the only pub to really avoid would be the cricketers which is full of young nuisances

Just got that from my cousin who is a Gills fan bless him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Southern belle had a stunner behind the jump last time i went in there!!
  • Options
    Have we got any Valley Express T-Shirts or Stickers we can hand out at the Rainham End ?
  • Options
    Cricketers it is then lads....
  • Options
    Like your style medders ;-)
  • Options
    Are we going Chav slapping then :-)
  • Options
    Yep. We'll send Carter in first...
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yep. We'll send Carter in first...

What, like as a spy?

'Ok lads I'm in, they think I'm one of them, on the count of 3 lets 'ave it'
  • Options
    ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yep. We'll send Carter in first...

What, like as a spy?

'Ok lads I'm in, they think I'm one of them, on the count of 3 lets 'ave it'

Nah, blindfolded, wearing a Charlton shirt that says "We 8 Pikeys" on the back....
  • Options
    Cricketers rainham? coz the gillingham one is very much a home pub, it dont matter that its a friendly either. The livingstone arms is the usual away pub but its quite small. Cricketers gillingham might be ok without colours.