Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    In fairness i'd be surprised if all 6 are all fit at the same time.

But if all are fit right now then you'd expect Castillo, Famewo, Lee and Burstow to be in the squad. So then it's a choice between John and Leko i think. But if we have Aneke, Stockley and Washington available then possibly Burstow.
    Barring injury, I can’t see a situation where Leko doesn’t at least make the bench
  • Options
    I think Castillo is going to be missing out more often than we think, especially if Blackett-Taylor keeps playing the way he did the other night in the LWB role.
  • Options
    If the prem youngsters have a match day inclusion clause, then expect Lee to be missing out.
  • Options
    I think Castillo is going to be missing out more often than we think, especially if Blackett-Taylor keeps playing the way he did the other night in the LWB role.
    Agreed it'd be hard to drop CBT if he keeps playing like that but he's the very definition of inconsistent. Just as likely to drop a shocker and be hauled off at half time as he is to be MOTM.

Personally i think when he's fully fit Castillo will start and then get a run of games (unless he turns out to be really shit like Levitt or any of the Matt Smiths)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    If the prem youngsters have a match day inclusion clause, then expect Lee to be missing out.
    Has anyone ever seen evidence of these existing for young players, at all ever?

I know older ones have them but part of the reason young players go on loan is so the parent club know how good they are.  I don't think we paid Man United for Levitt not playing, nor were Chelsea so pissed off that Desilva didn't feature.... 
  • Options
    @Airman Brown
    sayimg we got £1.6m plus add ons and sells on for burstow 
  • Options
    Although they can’t recall him until the end of the season.

It could unchuff them enough not to loan to us again though.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    @Airman Brown
    If so that’s poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because he had 1.5 years left on his deal. At the end of the season he'd have 1 year left, and he wouldn't be signing a new one.

So effectively we've got some money, a sell on, and most likely the option to play him for the entire length that his contract was with us.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Has anyone ever seen evidence of these existing for young players, at all ever?

I know older ones have them but part of the reason young players go on loan is so the parent club know how good they are.  I don't think we paid Man United for Levitt not playing, nor were Chelsea so pissed off that Desilva didn't feature.... 

No idea, probably belongs with "cant disclose transfer fees because clubs up the price" and "agent forcing player to move" 

Sounds plausible, but probably rarely happens.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    @Airman Brown
    After we turned down 3 mill from Brentford week before which was reported .. then we turned down two offers from Chelsea …?? 
    How do you know this for certain, did TS, SG, or Jacko tell you this or perhaps Brentford equivalents of these guys ?    
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    @Airman Brown
    After we turned down 3 mill from Brentford week before which was reported .. then we turned down two offers from Chelsea …?? 
    How do you know this for certain, did TS, SG, or Jacko tell you this or perhaps Brentford equivalents of these guys ?    
    Sorry I should have been more specific, my question is regarding the figure of 3 Million.  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    @Airman Brown
    Show me where this 3m offer was reported please?
  • Options
    If garner comes in, I betcha Payne and Williams follow him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Judging by some of the comments already being posted Payne pain looks certain to follow
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Williams won’t been there done that … 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think Louie Barry maybe an addick next season, who ever the manager is....
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Louie Barry maybe an addick next season, how ever the manager is....
    A player I have actually heard of. Can’t be many lower league footballers who have been signed by Barcelona.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Judging by some of the comments already being posted Payne pain looks certain to follow
    As always, ill judge him on performance, I watched probably 4-5 games last season of Swindon and they played more attractive football then we played last year. To be honest, everyone we have been linked to is rather green, but if you had to pick out of them all I'd have gone for Matty Taylor. Knows Charlton, has captained them and also did a great job last year with a really good group of young players. Strange decision for Garner but I'm willing to back him until he proves us otherwise 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A player I have actually heard of. Can’t be many lower league footballers who have been signed by Barcelona.
    I know, one of ours turned them down!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Morgan ?????
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Was that Sarmiento?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Morgan ?????
    Aneke :-) 

Edit: Don't know why this got a lol because it's actually true 
  • Options
    Would love us to sign Nathan Byrne, I think he's out of contract now as well.... but expect championship interest ☹️