Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Could see him being loaned back next season as well his not ready for our first team let alone a championship club. 
    I can't see him coming back next season unless we don't have 4 senior strikers. 

Which would be an issue. 
    What if he carries on doing well between now and May. He wouldn't then be any younger than players like Maatsen or John who have been signed for the first team squad. 
    He isn't better than our other 3 now.  I would hope we have 4 of a similar, if not better standard, next season.  If he stayed I would want (I know what I want doesn't matter) him to be 5th choice. 

It's not the age, are they better than what we have and are they good enough to be in your squad, not as emergency use, but regular use.  Burstow would not have played if Stockley and Washington had been fit, if Davison had been good enough or Chucks had been here from the start. 
    I totally agree, I like Aneke, Stockley and Washington and want a 4th alongside those three next season. But Burstow has 6 goals in 14 appearances, some of which are off the bench, which is pretty good going for any striker, irrespective of age. Why Burstow has been forced to play is irrelevant, he's taken the opportunity. So much so that the European Champions are signing him. If he scores 12-15 goals this season across all competitions, does that not mean he'd done enough to be one of the four next season? 
    I’d be surprised if we got him back next season. If he did, it would likely be in January. 

Chelsea will surely want to get a look at him playing in their u23’s for a little while. 
  • Options
    Burstow is/was probably the best finisher at the club but all 4 strikers bought something different - Stockley has his physicality and aerial strength, Washington has energy and determination, and Aneke is, well, Aneke - no-one is entirely sure what he is going to do, including him it seems.

Burstow was always likely to leave at some point - he's a young English striker who knows where the goal is. Sooner or later someone bigger than us was going to take the chance on a player like that.

Whether or not he does come back on loan we need to start looking for a replacement, either internally (maybe Kanu, maybe not) but also elsewhere. But we need to be looking in terms of how does this hypothetical player fit into the squad/system rather than the individual stats. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Simonsen said:
    Don't know if Burstow was on a contract at Maidstone? But there still might have been a gentlemans agreement that they would get "looked after" when the time came.

Wimbledon did something similar for Met Police FC, when they signed a young fullback a while back. They paid a fee when they didn't have to...1) to keep the relationship good with a "feeder club" 2) to do the right thing by a smaller club. 
    We signed Lucas Ness from the Met Police I think. 
    and his brother Elliott from the Feds.
    And Loch Ness from the Sweaties.
  • Options
    I think Lucas Ness is steadily improving from what I’ve seen of the U23 matches. Big strong lad, who might get a chance from the bench over the next season or two. 
  • Options
    Am I allowed to say I thought that was a good transfer window given the summer and winter ones of the last few years?
    No mate you’re not, bloody Sandgaard and his shit transfer window in the summer, better off under Roland.

P.S. my favourite players this season so far have been Dobson, Clare, Stockley, Lavelle and MacGillivray.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Simonsen said:
    Don't know if Burstow was on a contract at Maidstone? But there still might have been a gentlemans agreement that they would get "looked after" when the time came.

Wimbledon did something similar for Met Police FC, when they signed a young fullback a while back. They paid a fee when they didn't have to...1) to keep the relationship good with a "feeder club" 2) to do the right thing by a smaller club. 
    And Happy from Snow White
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Hal1x said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Simonsen said:

And Happy from Snow White
    I thought that was from from Ken Dodd’s Diddymen no?
     🎼 Happiness Happiness the greatest gift that you possess 🎼 😉.
  • Options
    Given the overload of loanees now, are we able to make Famewo permanent outside of the window? 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Given the overload of loanees now, are we able to make Famewo permanent outside of the window? 
    We could but it's more likely we do it with Lee, his is out of contract in the summer at Luton so it wouldn't make much difference to anything if we made it "permanent" until the end of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, have we still not had any confirmation that the transfer of Burstow actuall went through or have I missed it...???
  • Options
    So, have we still not had any confirmation that the transfer of Burstow actuall went through or have I missed it...???
    As Henry would say, WIOTOS..........and it is.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61f8f24925c37/mason-burstow-signs-for-chelsea-and-returns-to-the-addicks-on-loan
  • Options
    Yeah the club have posted an article, is all on the Burstow thread
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Simonsen said:

And trivialness from Charlton Life.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    has it been confirmed the deal is done. keep looking but have not found any announcement yet
    Chelsea win the race to sign Charlton Athletic striker Mason Burstow (astamfordbridgetoofar.com)

Time to let go of them straws you are clinging onto i'm afraid, gone, but back on loan... :(
    What a dreaful amateurish article drawn from a couple of lines in the Daily Mail; and that writer's understanding of Chelsea's current 1st team defensive injury list.

Talk about speculation and hot air, based on knowing very little.  Why do people write such sh*t?

• Options
    there were over 200 posts since I last looked & thought this one, being about transfers pertaining to CAFC , would be the easier to find on. 

But then most of the posts have been silly puns (yet again) about Nessie and other banalities.

I'll leave you children to it if that's ok
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Yes …. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there were over 200 posts since I last looked & thought this one, being about transfers pertaining to CAFC , would be the easier to find on. 

But then most of the posts have been silly puns (yet again) about Nessie and other banalities.

I'll leave you children to it if that's ok
    I know it's madNess
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Yes …. 
    But I read that in The Sun yesterday, Ronnie.   :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    IanJRO said:
    Yes …. 

Not that a price of 500,000 has already been agreed 
  • Options
    finalising any more deals? getting any free transfers for the positions we need? Decent window
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    IanJRO said:
    Yes …. 

Last summer
  • Options
    Are there any half decent / half fit forwards on a free? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    msomerton said:
    has it been confirmed the deal is done. keep looking but have not found any announcement yet
    Chelsea win the race to sign Charlton Athletic striker Mason Burstow (astamfordbridgetoofar.com)

Time to let go of them straws you are clinging onto i'm afraid, gone, but back on loan... :(
    What a dreaful amateurish article drawn from a couple of lines in the Daily Mail; and that writer's understanding of Chelsea's current 1st team defensive injury list.

Talk about speculation and hot air, based on knowing very little.  Why do people write such sh*t?

Blimey Oggy sorry, I will try and do a bit better next time... :)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    IanJRO said:
    Yes …. 

Last summer
    That's breaking news by his standards. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    msomerton said:

Blimey Oggy sorry, I will try and do a bit better next time... :)
    Haha..... not your fault, mate.

But it was load of tosh. :smile:

• Options
    Which one of you muvver f×@£in sh€÷cn@ts sold our best prospect to f€÷×in Chelski?

(Tourettes version)