Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• edited January 2022
  • Can anyone involved in this production say Charlton? Charltin now, FFS!
    Burstow scoring goals for Portsmouth.
    Showed a Crewe player scoring when showing the burstow goals clip. I hate sky 
  • Quiet on this thread, knew playing a game was going to ruin the last day of the window.
  • If there isn't a loan back then we'd better be getting in a striker by 11pm tonight otherwise League 2 could be looming. 
    If a player is going to go then I just want them to go. Not a fan of this loan back nonsense, find it depressing and a bit demeaning 
    Surely you evaluate each on a case-by-case basis? Age, experience, etc.
  • Chelsea made a 'substantial bid' for the 18-year-old with two offers reportedly being made to the Addicks, but both failing to meet the Addicks valuation of the youngster.
  • Chelsea made a 'substantial bid' for the 18-year-old with two offers reportedly being made to the Addicks, but both failing to meet the Addicks valuation of the youngster.
    At the moment ....
    Then why would we let him talk to them. You only do that if you've agreed a fee surely, otherwise you'll have a serious pissed off player on your hands.

Imagine Chelsea offering him £20k a week & we dont let him leave.
  • cfgs said:
    Matt Smith is back at The Valley

When we play Franchise FC on Feb 22nd

A bang average L1 level player, he's struggled with all 3 Championship loans
    It's actually a permanent move for Smith
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn't Harper one of the Ipswich summer signings everyone was gushing about in the summer?

Going to Rochdale on loan..... 
    Crewe actually 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Did @Dazzler21 put my Burstow to Brentford and Gunter out on his spreadsheet? 
    Don't put it on now :pensive:

Chelsea only came in because Brentford were pushing, they were happy to wait. 
  • Next time anyone wonders why he gets the pee taken out of his itk posts, remember this.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Honest question, what’s the point in getting him back
    We haven't got time to bring another forward in. We have an injured forward, an injury prone forward and one other striker. I don't want Kanu or any other youth player who isn't on a proper contract anywhere near our first team. If we are prepared to accept a bid for Burstow I'm not really sure we have any choice about him coming back.
    Fair point 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Because currently we only have 2 fit strikers.....and one of those has shown to be a bit fragile. Even today we had to stick Leko up front for the last 10 mins.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    We haven't got time to bring another forward in. We have an injured forward, an injury prone forward and one other striker. I don't want Kanu or any other youth player who isn't on a proper contract anywhere near our first team. If we are prepared to accept a bid for Burstow I'm not really sure we have any choice about him coming back.
    Fair point 
    I completely get the sentiment but the danger is we then blood Kanu and lose him for buttons - and he's the real diamond - he's the one we've invested in since he was in the under 11s.

The life of a lower league club eh.

🤔🤔🤔
  • J BLOCK said:
    If it had happened 2/3 days ago I would ahve felt the same. However, we have no time to sort out a replacement - unless we were going into the free agent market and bringing in Defoe, can you imagine the uproar had he been Burstow's replacement!?

My gut feeling is that the loan back part of the deal was probably agreed before we allowed hm to speak to Chelsea. I doubt he will ever play for the Chelsea first team and if he scores another 3/4 between now and the end of the season, don't be surprised if he is back again next year.

This could end up being a Jenkinson situation where the fee bankrolls moves in the summer.
  • edited January 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Because we couldn't get an adequate replacement in before the window closes. But I understand your view.
  • No point getting him back on loan unless it includes next season as well. 

If he scores another 5 goals this season, it won’t have an important enough impact on our final position.