Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Can someone put a tenner on Aneke getting injured tonight for me please…
  • We went from trying to sign Browne on a free to spending £500k on Fraser. Did wonder where the money was coming from, as a big step up.
  • Thought getting Fraser was a bit too good to be true... get 5mil and get him back on loan for the rest of the season, or a new striker in and it is good business. If we sell him for any less than 3mil and/or don't replace him, it'll be a terrible move
  • Maddening. Hope TS realises how much it'll cost him to sign an equal replacement in the Summer.

I guess we have Kanu who will be sold next January - rinse and repeat
  • edited January 2022
  • edited January 2022
    Maddening. Hope TS realises how much it'll cost him to sign an equal replacement in the Summer.
    You don't even know how much they've bid yet?
  • Maddening. Hope TS realises how much it'll cost him to sign an equal replacement in the Summer.

I guess we have Kanu who will be sold next January - rinse and repeat
    Let's just hope we can sign him up to a pro deal first.
  • Can someone get the Undisclosed fee gif ready
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I suppose we could Loan back Burstow of he's sold and send Lee back to Luton to deal with the match day loan issue. 

With Fraser in you could say he takes Lee's role in side. 

Not ideal imo but a possibility if need be.
    We could "do a Shinnie" with Lee outside the window, unless he is recalled today, there is nothing to stop us doing that tomorrow or next week. 
    God let’s hope not.
  • Speculation all week that he could be off, why on earth would he be in the squad with that kind of decision looming on him?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I suppose we could Loan back Burstow of he's sold and send Lee back to Luton to deal with the match day loan issue. 

With Fraser in you could say he takes Lee's role in side. 

Not ideal imo but a possibility if need be.
    We could "do a Shinnie" with Lee outside the window, unless he is recalled today, there is nothing to stop us doing that tomorrow or next week. 
    God let’s hope not.
    We released Shinnie so it's not like we would have to give him a new contract in the summer and gets round the loan issue.  It probably wouldn't cost us anything either. 
  • Only thing I was looking forward too tonight was to watch our new signings…not even in the squad? Jacko not rate them or already injured. 
  • You would hope any deal would involve him being loaned back to us for at least the rest of the season. He clearly has a lot of potential but he is never going to get in a Premier Leaque squad this season so hopefully we might still have him for the rest of the season.

I'm pretty philosophical about his sale, big clubs will always try and find the best young talent and not many young lads are going to turn down a Premier league team and all the benefits associated with that. Not much TS or the club as a whole can do about that in the short term at least.

What I would hope is that we get a decent fee, I'm sure TS said shortly after his arrival that the days of us selling our best academy stars for under market value was over and let's hope so. I don't mind seeing young players move on but it really sticks in the throat when we ask for peanuts for them.
  • Can't wait to see all the talent that's going to walk in the door thanks to the fee Burstow will command in the next few hours. 

We needed another striker before selling Burstow and loaning out Davison so let's see who we get. 
  • Is it too late to get a replacement for Bairstow?
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Is it too late to get a replacement for Bairstow?
    Probably jos buttler or Sam billings
    Why not both?
  • PWADDICK said:
    Expect it will have to be a last min panic loan signing. We definitely need someone on the basis that no-one knows how long Stockley will be out for.
  • PWADDICK said:
    It will be Billings 
  • Newcastle looking for a forward. Just saying…
  • PWADDICK said:

I'd imagine he'll be loaned back. 
  • Sell burstow get Stockton in
  • PWADDICK said:
    Butler, Billings or Foakes are the favourites. 
  • Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Brighton.
  • I reckon it’s 2 million plus loan back for the season. No way is he good enough to be a prem player yet.