Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Great to get it done. Now we can close the thread.
    I think he's hinting there will be 1 or 2 outgoings. 

I'm really pleased with our business this January.  Makes a nice change 
    FFS I spoke too soon.  I should know better by now
  • I just wish that we would be able to at least see some of our starlets for more than a month or so before they bugger off.

We're in a bit of a Catch 22, really.  We need young talent to avoid paying through the backside for experienced players, but as soon as they've had even a sniff of first team action, they're off.  I just hope that some sense is being exercised and that at least we get to loan them back for at least a season; if Burstow is off, then we are distinctly short in the striker department; not least because we are all bracing ourselves for bad news on the Stockley injury front.

We shall see.
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Don’t get all worked up over that tweet about Burstow going to Chelsea.  
    Why?
    It’s a bit of a coincidence it pops up right at the end of the window, when he’s literally just broken into the first team and scored a couple of goals. 

I could be wrong, but it very much screams content filler/click bait for all those who tweet about player moves 
    Yup, I’m an idiot 😂
  • Interested to see how this pans out.

If we sell Mason today for say 4-5 million, but have him back on loan for the rest of the season, I think most of us would see it as good business.

If he goes today with no loan back clause, then I agree we need another striker
    I still think a loan back is a possibility.  I'd settle for that
  • Interested to see how this pans out.

If we sell Mason today for say 4-5 million, but have him back on loan for the rest of the season, I think most of us would see it as good business.

If he goes today with no loan back clause, then I agree we need another striker
    I still think a loan back is a possibility.  I'd settle for that
    If its Brentford it's potentially an 18 month loan, if. 
  • Someone trying to steal a march on their rivals before the summer. 
  • edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I suppose we could Loan back Burstow of he's sold and send Lee back to Luton to deal with the match day loan issue. 

With Fraser in you could say he takes Lee's role in side. 

Not ideal imo but a possibility if need be.
    We could "do a Shinnie" with Lee outside the window, unless he is recalled today, there is nothing to stop us doing that tomorrow or next week. 
    God let’s hope not.
    We released Shinnie so it's not like we would have to give him a new contract in the summer and gets round the loan issue.  It probably wouldn't cost us anything either. 
  • We already have 5 loans though…so would need to leave 1 out of the matchday squad each game.
  • Sponsored links:

• We already have 5 loans though…so would need to leave 1 out of the matchday squad each game.
    Well we've left two out today ;)
  • Can’t see anyone taking a punt on Burstow today. He’s not shown enough yet, any serious interest I reckon would happily pay a mill or two more and see how he performs over the next few months with an eye on the summer 
    haha, what the f*** do I know!

Football has some serious money floating around to chuck at basically punts. Bonkers 
  • Talksport just broke that chelsea are looking to sign him for their under 23s!! And they laughed and said *the market under the market*

jesus! 
  • cfgs said:
    Matt Smith is back at The Valley

When we play Franchise FC on Feb 22nd

A bang average L1 level player, he's struggled with all 3 Championship loans
  • edited January 2022
    Southbank said:
    Redrobo said:
    When the window opened we were looking to bring in two and possibly three players.
    Burstow has displaced Davison and we have added Chucks. We have bought in a left wing back who is out of contract in the summer so if he does well we may be able to make permanent. The extra one is an exciting youngster who looks destined for the Spurs 1st team in the near future.
    Overall a good January window.

Now we after a fourth and yet some are saying it is another disaster. If we do manage to get one of the two suggested targets on a permanent it will change a good window to a fantastic window IMO.
    We are edging towards having a squad of players that are actually our players which is good.
    Still light in the goalscoring department

Sorry to hear that @southbank
  • ButtleJR said:
    The replies to that tweet are grim. We are all gutted losing a top talent and their fans couldn’t give a shit.
    Depressing.
  • If there isn't a loan back then we'd better be getting in a striker by 11pm tonight otherwise League 2 could be looming. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Matt Smith is back at The Valley

When we play Franchise FC on Feb 22nd

A bang average L1 level player, he's struggled with all 3 Championship loans
    Nailed on scoring the winner Saturday now 
  • Thing is we need a burstow (or grant or Taylor etc) to get us out of the league