Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Think the worst thing about this transfer window is the players we've failed to offload... 
  • I don't think we are far away and this window has been positive overall for a change.
  • edited January 2022
    Scoham said:
    Strange this thread being so quiet at this time of day. Can’t we hear reports of a bidding war for Gunter and a potential loan for Watson?

As it looks like we did our business a tad earlier this window like before 11pm !
    A respite from transfer talk for a while.

Can I say that for Adkins to say Watson was the best player in Training and felt he deserved his place, made me believe the training was so low key and no intensity.
    I have had this confirmed by a coach who take the younger age groups at Sparrows lane and who also coaches in men's football in the Kent League.

Ben Watson has had a good career unfortunately he came to Cafc a couple of years too late, same as Arter, same as John Barnes, and because of his state of mind and unhappiness with pro football, Marcus Maddison. Many more that I'm trying to forget about.

Getting players when they still have more to offer is paramount for Cafc to rise again from the disasters of the last decade where other than one or two seasons or half seasons we have been a club in decline where we sell good players and replace them with lesser players.

I strongly believe we will continue to improve this season. Have a break if you can't handle being mid table in the 3rd tier.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Think the worst thing about this transfer window is the players we've failed to offload... 
    No point off loading them if we never planned to replace them. 
  • Jonniesta said:
    Think the worst thing about this transfer window is the players we've failed to offload... 
    who would actually want them? The only way Matthews, Gunter, Watson  and co are leaving is contract expiry. 
  • Scoham said:
    Strange this thread being so quiet at this time of day. Can’t we hear reports of a bidding war for Gunter and a potential loan for Watson?

As it looks like we did our business a tad earlier this window like before 11pm !
    A respite from transfer talk for a while.

Can I say that for Adkins to say Watson was the best player in Training and felt he deserved his place, makes we believe the training was so low key and no intensity.
    I have had this confirmed by a coach who take the younger age groups at Sparrows lane and who also coaches in men's football in the Kent League.

Ben Watson has had a good career unfortunately he came to Cafc a couple of years too late, same as Arter, same as John Barnes, and because of his state of mind and unhappiness with pro football, Marcus Maddison. 

Getting players when they still have more to offer is paramount for Cafc to rise again from the disasters of the last decade where other than one or two seasons or half seasons we have been a club in decline where we sell good players and replace them with lesser players.

I strongly believe we will continue to improve this season. Have a break if you can't handle being mid table in the 3rd tier.
    Well if a coach in the Kent league says so it must be true. 

Didn't Jackson say that, after Adkins had left, that one of the things Adkins was very good at was delegating the sessions to the coaches?

Or was Jackson telling porkies pies?  Or where Jackson and Euell designing and  taking said sessions? 

Or are you jumping to conclusions to fit your own agenda? 

I'll take a break when we get to midtable in the 3rd tier. 

• I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that would want them however I'm not sure many of those would want their wages so I doubt the players would accept the move
  • Sponsored links:

• Jonniesta said:
    who would actually want them? The only way Matthews, Gunter, Watson  and co are leaving is contract expiry. 
    Good source has just told me that Maples Care Home are preparing an offer
    I’ll ask @ElfsborgAddick as he is a resident there. 
  • Hang on Gallen, stop the interview early... You've got an email fella, might be someone after Watson.
  • Can’t see anyone taking a punt on Burstow today. He’s not shown enough yet, any serious interest I reckon would happily pay a mill or two more and see how he performs over the next few months with an eye on the summer 
  • Jonniesta said:
    I thought the offer was for you actually ;)
  • Jonniesta said:
    I thought the offer was for you actually ;)
    I’ve actually told a porky. Elf’s doesn’t live there. It’s a couple of @DaveMehmet ‘s ex girlfriends. 
  • Keeping fingers crossed for another striker to come in
  • Don't know why but get the impression that Gallen interview was done on Sunday and Fraser had already signed then  :)
  • ButtleJR said:
    Watched it back a couple of times and he's right you know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching that video for the first time. I didn’t think about looking out for Burstow, I was trying to work out why the players were up in Preston. 
  • We are fucked up front if he is sold. Genuinely.
  • edited January 2022
    Woops did a Colin.

• Don't know why but get the impression that Gallen interview was done on Sunday and Fraser had already signed then  :)
    Well unless it was dark this morning in se7 I think you might be right..... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't know why but get the impression that Gallen interview was done on Sunday and Fraser had already signed then  :)
    Well unless it was dark this morning in se7 I think you might be right..... 
    Well it would have been dark until about 7am ;)
  • It's clear as day in here... 

He says about the outgoings "It's been quite anxious about a number of things, not just Fraser but the players out. We want to send the younger pros to the right clubs and get the right deals financially for the club"

2+2 = Mason Burstow has left the building. 
  • Did @Dazzler21 put my Burstow to Brentford and Gunter out on his spreadsheet?