Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Burstow isn't safe yet. 

Only about 5 hours until tonight's team is announced. 
  • Scoham said:
    Great to get it done. Now we can close the thread.
    Booo.  What a disappointment, I was looking forward to sitting up till 12 tonight with excitement waiting for our marquee signing not to sign.   
  • Has Marcus Browne signed for Oxford yet, wikipedia still has him at Middlesborough... I know anyone can edit it...just saying
    Now announced on BBC Football, signed for Oxford on a 2 and a half year deal.
  • Has Marcus Browne signed for Oxford yet, wikipedia still has him at Middlesborough... I know anyone can edit it...just saying

• Have to say I’m pretty happy with the window. Castillo is the only one I’m unsure about as it seems a bit pointless if we have no chance of signing him in the summer, but maybe we do?

Chuks and Fraser represent good building for next season and if Nile is decent we’ll probably be able to get him back too. 

Still a long way to go in terms of building for next year and a lot of work to do in the summer but it’s a long way from signing the likes of David Davis isn’t it. 
  • edited January 2022
    Browne as a last minute surprise.
    Do you know something, twice you have hinted today, or am i looking into this to much. 

Ignore that just seen the above. 
  • Anymore action for us before the window slams shut? Or is that is it for us now do we think?
  • Can someone update the squad list please be interesting to see what we’ll look like heading into next season!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Anymore action for us before the window slams shut? Or is that is it for us now do we think?
    Just sit up until midnight to find out.

You know you will. And then you'll know you should have gone to bed earlier. :smile:

• edited January 2022
    Can someone update the squad list please be interesting to see what we’ll look like heading into next season!

McG
    Lavelle
    Elerwere
    Dobson
    Clare
    Gilbey
    Fraser
    Morgan
    JFC (?)
    Kirk
    CBT
    DJ
    Stockley
    Aneke

Still a lot of work to do in the summer, especially at the back, starters and squad players. I imagine Mathews amd Inniss will be kept on regardless of fitness etc. tbh.

• Sponsored links:

• Can someone update the squad list please be interesting to see what we’ll look like heading into next season!
    Will do after the window has slammed shut (more likely tomorrow/Wednesday)
  • Scoham said:
    Will be interesting to see if he is the team tonight?
  • Scoham said:
    He would have gone to Brentford by now if they could loan him back.......
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Plaaayer said:

Fuck off twat Plaaayer. You do realise this is bullying  now and I shall make this a complaint. 

So , what is it to do with you ? 

Perfectly describes you , knuckle headed bullying Coward.
    If 1956 is your year of birth, that puts you the same age as me.  I hope I haven't developed a humour bypass.
    So you need to have a dig too. What is up with you ? 1956 is not my birth year either so thankfully I have not that in common with you  .  
    To have a humour bypass you would  need to have had  sense of humour,  surely. 
    Mate, the problem is either loads of other people or it's you.
    Perhaps, it's worth considering it's you?
    Of course it is .Thank you. I should have realised  it. It explains  perfectly why key board warriors on here take in turns to be abusive. And we all know the abuser is always right. 

Bollocks.

• edited January 2022
    How much is Burstow worth (if bought from 'Charlton') in todays transfer market?  Surely the kind of money that could fund a squad overhaul in the summer, if Thomas is shrewd and has a good poker face (not sure that he does). 

• edited January 2022
    Jon mate, can you take it elsewhere? Or simply stop biting at every post. Not having a dig, but you're pouring fuel on the fire a bit here, no one has actually been abusive to you in that stream of comments. They might have offended, but abuse is a stretch. 
  • edited January 2022
    Browne as a last minute surprise.
    Do you know something, twice you have hinted today, or am i looking into this to much. 

Ignore that just seen the above. 
    Misspelling from @Henry Irving .,, reality is Stevie is getting his boots out again..great B)
  • Scoham said:
    I know it's the reality of where we are, but still don't like the sound of that.

Thomas says, "Show us your money, and you can have him now ..... if it's silly money".

Otherwise we'll keep him until the summer.

• How much is Burstow worth (if bought from 'Charlton') in todays transfer market?  Surely the kind of money that could fund a squad overhaul in the summer, if Thomas is shrewd and has a good poker face (not sure that he does). 
    P14 GS6 A4 

Gotta be worth £5-£10m surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    im reading that as there is a decent chance he goes tonight 
  • JonT_Abs said:
    Scoham said:
    And if he does, we need a new striker, like today!

• Oggy Red said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Scoham said:

Greats an interesting scenario.

Fraser coming in means we dont have any squad places left... Burstow doesnt take one up

So if Burstow goes, then yeah we need to sign a new Striker

But we'd need to move someone on first.
  • thenewbie said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    I know it's the reality of where we are, but still don't like the sound of that.

Thomas says, "Show us your money, and you can have him now ..... if it's silly money".

Otherwise we'll keep him until the summer.

It's not great reading but it's just (as you rightly say) the reality of the situation right now. No one can say that Sandgaard's not sunk plenty of money into the club so far and his pockets are not bottomless. He is within his rights to set a valuation and I don't see him as WANTING to sell, but if an offer comes in that merits considering, he has to weigh it up.

It's better that he's honest now and says that yes, there is a value we have but it's not been met than playing a hardline "not for sale!" message... Then selling him anyway. 
    That's the way it is for Third Division clubs.

At least, we have been warned.

• Oggy Red said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Scoham said:

Greats an interesting scenario.

Fraser coming in means we dont have any squad places left... Burstow doesnt take one up

So if Burstow goes, then yeah we need to sign a new Striker

But we'd need to move someone on first.
    Probably where the rumour about the Blackburn kid has emerged from. Would be annoyed if the deal didn’t include him staying to the end of the season. Don’t expect him to be here past the summer.
  • If someone wants to spend a significant amount of money on Mason, and it meets TS valuation, then cool, spend that cash you filthy Premier League pig dogs, otherwise we'll sit tight, like the attitude, when if Mason had come through when ESI were involved, he would have been sold before his feet touched the ground. 
  • JonT_Abs said:
    Scoham said:
    Should read multiple premier league clubs are interested plus a bunch stripey Nigel tossers.
  • Oggy Red said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Scoham said:

Burstow, back on loan!