Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• How does Fraser’s signing affect the squad numbers. Are we over the 25 list now? 
  • Scoham said:
    Great to get it done. Now we can close the thread.
    I think he's hinting there will be 1 or 2 outgoings. 

I'm really pleased with our business this January.  Makes a nice change 
    Hope so, moving any of Gunter, Watson, Souare etc now will help us ahead of the summer rebuild.
  • How does Fraser’s signing affect the squad numbers. Are we over the 25 list now? 
    We should have one more slot even without moving anyone on. Shame we can’t bring one more in but only worth it if the right player is available.

Here’s an updated view of what I posted the other day:

Window so far
    Arter out JFC in
    Schwartz out Aneke in
    Davison out
    Kirk out Fraser in

Castillo and John both count as u21 (believe 1 January 2000 is the cut off). Same for Burstow. That means still have one free slot, two if we don’t register JFC or can offload one of Soaure/Gunter/another.

Clearly Burstow is seen as a better prospect than Davison and effectively takes his place.
  • edited January 2022
    How does Fraser’s signing affect the squad numbers. Are we over the 25 list now? 
    I think due to the age of Castilo and John we're still under.

I don't know if JFC is back to "officially" being part of the squad yet though, but I presume he will replace Arter. 
  • Blimey I'm  well pleased we've got Fraser!
    Must admit I didn't think it would happen.
    Welcome Scott.
  • Gotten it all done before the window slams shut, very pleased!
  • Interesting that the pictures were taken last night
  • Usually when we sell a decent player we hold off announcing a new signing until just after that one's been announced.

I'm taking this to mean we won't be losing anyone significant i.e. Burstow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry if it was already mentioned previously, but what happened with the Marcus Browne link?

• Chunes said:
    This season Gilbey has played 1666 minutes of League football and has 4 assists, that is one very 416 minutes or one every 4.6 games.

What that does or does not prove I have no idea what I do know is that when he plays he adds excitement to the team with his runs forward, OK they don't always come off with a goal or an assist but they do also lead to free kicks and a better attacking feel to our play.
    Lee has basically the same stats. 2 goals and 4 assists in 1700 minutes and he gets slaughtered.
    I suppose that's because Gilbey is often involved in our defensive stuff too.
  • If that is it finished I am assuming Stockley will return soonish.
  • It's been a good window but it just feels a bit like undoing the things that went wrong in the summer rather than pushing on. 

It is what it is and leaves us roughly where we were 8 months ago.

Now get the 20 odd points to guarantee safety and sort out which, if any, ooc players we do want to keep and get them sorted before the end of the season. 
  • Scoham said:
    Sorry if it was already mentioned previously, but what happened with the Marcus Browne link?

Going to Oxford on a permanent deal.

If you’re an optimist you believe Cawley that we pulled out of the deal, clearly we preferred Fraser.

If you’re a pessimist Oxford beat us to him so we’ve panicked and overpaid for Fraser.
    Cheers @Scoham

Knowing Charlton, probably the latter. 
  • Disappointed that Cawley didn't use his runner gif to announce 'incoming'...
  • Browne as a last minute surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's been a good window but it just feels a bit like undoing the things that went wrong in the summer rather than pushing on. 

It is what it is and leaves us roughly where we were 8 months ago.

Now get the 20 odd points to guarantee safety and sort out which, if any, ooc players we do want to keep and get them sorted before the end of the season. 
    Realistically a January window was never going to be a big rebuild. Just hope we can have a decent end to the season and then get it right in the summer by targeting the right players and getting most of them in fairly early.
    January should be putting the cherry on the top of the cake, not throwing all the bad eggs out and starting the cake mix again. 

I really hope lessons have been seriously learnt because this has been the biggest, self inflicted waste of a season since the Slade debacle. 

• Interesting we haven’t heard from Gallen going through our business of the window. Makes me think we could sign another before 11pm tonight.
  • Sage said:
    Interesting we haven’t heard from Gallen going through our business of the window. Makes me think we could sign another before 11pm tonight.
    Cawley says not. But perhaps a few outgoings and there's always the chance a last minute outside shot suddenly opens up I guess. 
  • by signing Fraser it could mean that Lee will not be retained at the end of the loan
    Sounds fair. He needs to earn a contract by doing what a player in his position needs to do (far more goals & assists).
  • by signing Fraser it could mean that Lee will not be retained at the end of the loan
    Sounds fair. He needs to earn a contract by doing what a player in his position needs to do (far more goals & assists).
    Competition can only help - chance to rotate and keep him fresh, and a need to step up if he wants a permanent deal
  • edited January 2022
    Has Marcus Browne signed for Oxford yet, wikipedia still has him at Middlesborough... I know anyone can edit it...just saying